Is Today the Last Day of the Patriots' Dynasty?

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To be honest, I do think they'll beat the Titans but I never imagined they'd lose to the Dolphins last week.  

I agree.  

I also think it'll be a first team to 16 points wins.   Titans are really big, physical team, it'll be a fun game to watch.

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't think we'll know if it's over till next year. They still won 12 games and are the 3 seed. Any team can lose a playoff game. I'll be more convinced their dynasty is crumbling when I see them go 7-9 or something like that.

I could see Brady leaving (or BB not wanting him back) after this season, which would probably be the beginning of the end.  Of course, considering that defense, it's easy to envision BB winning 10+ games with a reasonably good QB replacement.  But, without Brady, I don't think the Pats are going to have the same mystique.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

Much to everyone's Chagrin, if they don't win it all this year that almost guarantees that they will ALL be back next year.

If they get to the Superbowl, even if they lose, they'll be only the 2nd team in history to make 4 straight Superbowls (the first was the "Boy, I Love Losing Superbowls!").

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To be honest, I do think they'll beat the Titans but I never imagined they'd lose to the Dolphins last week.  

They won't lose today in my opinion? Death comes to the patsies in KC next week in my opinion. But just like you, I never thought they'd lose last Sunday. I also think because they can't cheat right now is contributing to them losing? They're being watched like a hawk because you cannot trust them. 

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

They won't lose today in my opinion? Death comes to the patsies in KC next week in my opinion. But just like you, I never thought they'd lose last Sunday. I also think because they can't cheat right now is contributing to them losing? They're being watched like a hawk because you cannot trust them. 

1643206723_PatriotsDeflategateFilming.jpg.f0bed22fd5176a56fe4576cffc38d5bd.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I could see Brady leaving (or BB not wanting him back) after this season, which would probably be the beginning of the end.  Of course, considering that defense, it's easy to envision BB winning 10+ games with a reasonably good QB replacement.  But, without Brady, I don't think the Pats are going to have the same mystique.

Agreed. If Brady leaves that's a game changer for sure. Even if he already is on the decline. 

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Patriots didn't want the week off. Brady wants to cement his hall of fame career the way Ray Lewis did through the wild card path. Coincidentally the Pats would likely face the Ravens in the AFC Championship game should they get past the Chiefs...it all hinges on Spag's D stopping Brady.

• Thumb Down 1

It’s a home game. some rumblings about Brady’s last game at ratsboro. 

The titans have to beat belicheat and the refs. 

belicheat will take away the titans run game 

its about Tannehill overcoming the refs without a running game 

if he does that god bless him 

If the game is close at half time... the Titans will win. 

Derrick Henry eventually wears a team down no matter how many guys you stick in the box.

The Pats can win this game if they jump out to like a 27-3 lead or something and/or the officials. 

Otherwise, they're going down...

Pats have good coaching and game plans and such but for some reason historically teams play their worst games of the season when it counts or they make ultra bone head decisions when the game is on the line.

To go with that the reffing is always a factor and the Pats will for sure have some cheating involved.

Pats win and the whole world gets back on the Brady bandwagon.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Larz said:

It’s a home game. some rumblings about Brady’s last game at ratsboro. 

The titans have to beat belicheat and the refs. 

belicheat will take away the titans run game 

its about Tannehill overcoming the refs without a running game 

if he does that god bless him 

Impossible... as long as the game stays close. 

Henry will run over 9 guys in the box in the 4th quarter.  Makes no difference.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Impossible... as long as the game stays close. 

Henry will run over 9 guys in the box in the 4th quarter.  Makes no difference.

Did you see Henry vs the Texans in week 15? I expect Henry will have a game like that vs the Pats tonight. The Titans passing game vs the Pats secondary is the deciding matchup. 

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

for some reason historically teams play their worst games of the season when it counts or they make ultra bone head decisions when the game is on the line.

To go with that the reffing is always a factor and the Pats will for sure have some cheating involved.

I think the second paragraph helps qualify the first here.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Did you see Henry vs the Texans in week 15? I expect Henry will have a game like that vs the Pats tonight. The Titans passing game vs the Pats secondary is the deciding matchup. 

He had a sore hamstring that day or something? 

I don't agree.  This game is about Henry pummeling them in wet weather.  I think the Pats' run defense is their weakness and expect Vrabel to attack it with his Humvee.  25-30 times...  I think they'll throw to the tight ends some too, but mostly run.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Much to everyone's Chagrin, if they don't win it all this year that almost guarantees that they will ALL be back next year.

Personally, that’s what I would prefer.

I want to see us beat them and win the division with Brady and Beli still there. 

Today is the day fellas. Be prepared. Have your celebratory beverage, smoke, whatever readily available. 

happy birthday dancing GIF

Henry rushes for a buck fitty with 2 TD's.

Tannehill goes 21/28 1TD/1INT, 1 rushing TD

Brady goes 20/42 0TD/2INT and cries in the postgame.

Bellicheat doesn't shake Vrabels hand.

Jet Nation parties like it's 2019.

Titans 31

Pats 17

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Personally, that’s what I would prefer.

I want to see us beat them and win the division with Brady and Beli still there. 

I used to say that - but I just want it over.  

I honestly believe Brady is retiring after this year and I won’t be complaining that the Jets didn’t have a chance to beat him.  

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Unfortunately Pats win this game big.....

I hate to do it but I’ll likely be putting big money on the Pats tonight.  

Do some of you really see Tannehill and Vrabel beating BB and TB in Foxboro?

Vrabel has faced Belicheat only once so far - last year in Tennessee. The Titans kicked their asses 34-10 with Mariota at QB. The Titans are now a better team and the Patriots are now a worse team. Granted it's in Foxboro. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't think we'll know if it's over till next year. They still won 12 games and are the 3 seed. Any team can lose a playoff game. I'll be more convinced their dynasty is crumbling when I see them go 7-9 or something like that.

Dynasties  are built in the playoffs.

I live in MA (30 min north of Boston) and after hearing that they're having trouble selling out the game I considered buying tickets.

It would be great to witness the end of the Patriots/Brady reign in person, plus never been to a playoff game either so it would be cool....but unless I find a really good bargain at the last minute I'll pass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Vrabel has faced Belicheat only once so far - last year in Tennessee. The Titans kicked their asses 34-10 with Mariota at QB. The Titans are now a better team and the Patriots are now a worse team. Granted it's in Foxboro. 

I hear ya, but...

Pats win this game big....and you know it as well as I do. 

Hate it but it’s a reality.