Jamal Adams would do anything to give himself a shower

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The best Safety in the NFL and best defensive player on the NY Jets. 

GET THE EFF OUTTA HERE GO ROOT FOR ANOTHER TEAM. 

You sure are emotional today. I really thought we had a break through in the Divisional Round thread when we giggled and laughed together about ramen noodles and hookers but as it turns out....

YOURE JUST AS FAKE AS JAMAL!

lol oh boy this is fun. I should do this more often. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dcat said:

Factor in what Adams is going to cost after his rookie contract and how it will impair Douglas' ability to spend fortifying the weapons and protection for Darnold.   It's amazing how so many people leave that element of theiir consideration.

First, He won't be worth what he will ask for and second--more importantly-- it will handicap Douglas' ability to fortify the positions of greatest need.  

As good as Jamal may be (and even if he ever lives up to the hype he gets around here...) that salary and the inevitable handicap it will give Douglas to fill more important positions clinches it for me.  Get the most you can for Adams right now.  Hello Jerry Jones.  

Yes, drafting him at 6 was not preferred. True his second contract is going to be expensive. Yes Mac screwed up constantly in the drafts. Jamal self promotes at every occasion it is bothersome to some people. guys that are his age grew up with FB and Twitter where they are accustomed to putting out every single moment in the public for validation, it is a sad reality with this generation. 

I am not a Jamal lover. the bold are the sensible discussion points. what is not sensible is the constant "digging" for content for Jamal haters to repeatedly spit the same talking points to constantly "hate" on his every action on or off the field.

I suppose we are going to have 30 more jamal threads. until FA begins and the real trade rumors begin. 

Personally I believe that if we can acquire a large compensation that you can trade him and move on. I am not selling him cheap for fear of $. As for now he's on the team and I am all for Jamal showing out being here..... 

Now Adam Gase on the other hand... F** that waste of space.

• Upvote 2

Good player, but def not a team guy, despite the rhetoric.  He is going to at least test the FA market, would bitch about being franchised.  Take the #17 pick, a mid rounder and a late rounder.  Too many needs at essential positions.  Kind of have no choice IMO.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You sure are emotional today. I really thought we had a break through in the Divisional Round thread when we giggled and laughed together about ramen noodles and hookers but as it turns out....

YOURE JUST AS FAKE AS JAMAL!

lol oh boy this is fun. I should do this more often. 

Dude we are discussing football. 

When the smoke clears we are still NY Jets fans. 

I hold no grudges you should try it sometimes.  

You have your opinions and me mine. 

Why attack our best player. 

Maybe you eating way too much Ramen Noodles. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

The trust beast. 

Lol, as long as he doesn’t beat on his chest to social media by way of average joe down the street’s sick .gif compliments, he may not get his own threads until year 4 when he has 3.5 sacks.

if he did that would be the most we've seen out of him.

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

So you're saying the Jets have one of the rare exceptional players at the Safety position?  That it's a thin position where it's not easy to find great, standout players?  Sounds like this guy deserves a premium to the market.

:P

I'll rephrase. Thin in terms of major personalities. 

• Upvote 1

Dude we are discussing football. 

When the smoke clears we are still NY Jets fans. 

I hold no grudges you should try it sometimes.  

You have your opinions and me mine. 

Why attack our best player. 

Maybe you eating way too much Ramen Noodles. 

SILENCE. It cannot be undone. You have attacked me over my opinion for the last time.

to the ignore list you go.

just playing, the ignore list feature is for pansies, Idc how emotional you actually get. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for stop the hate gifs

It's not hate, but rather, it's the underlying logic and economics of building a championship team that leads to trading Adams now.  A championship team doesn't spend a disproportionate amount on strong safety and that is what it will cost Douglas to keep Jamal around beyond the rookie contract.  Get something for him to help us build a championship because he's going to be gone after the rookie contract.  He doesn't want to stay here and enough Jets fans understand that he is not worth what he will cost in terms of building a championship caliber team.  Safety is not the position to suck the salary cap to extremes.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

NFL rumors: Jets’ Jamal Adams campaigning for ex-Cowboys WR Dez Bryant

Updated Jan 21, 9:14 AM;Posted Jan 21, 9:01 AM 
Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys

Would the New York Jets sign ex-Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant?Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media 

Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has stood quiet for long enough.

Since retiring from the NFL in 2018, we haven’t heard much from the three-time Pro Bowler, who at one point, seemed poised for a Hall-of-Fame career.

However, it seems he’ll now settle for just getting back on the field and playing the game he loves.

For the Cowboys, of course.

Bryant attested to wanting a role on his former team via Twitter on Sunday, stating the following:

Give me the role they gave witten.. no shot at witten ..let me play with zeke pollard Gallup cooper Cobb jarwin...... think about it.. in the mean time I’m working.

However, if the Cowboys aren’t interested, Jets safety Jamal Adams has another idea.

He responded to Bryant’s appeal on Twitter with open arms and well wishes.

I’d take the field with you in a heartbeat. Not too many have that mindset that we talked about. We’re different. You’ll be back soon brotha. Keep going. Luv! @DezBryant

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Factor in what Adams is going to cost after his rookie contract and how it will impair Douglas' ability to spend fortifying the weapons and protection for Darnold.   It's amazing how so many people leave that element of their consideration.

First, in my opinion, he won't be worth what he will ask for and second--and more importantly-- it will handicap Douglas' ability to fortify the positions of greatest need.  

As good as Jamal may be (and even if he ever lives up to the hype he gets around here...) that salary and the inevitable handicap it will give Douglas to fill more important positions clinches it for me.  Get the most you can for Adams right now.  Hello Jerry Jones.  

I have no problem trading him if Joe D thinks the deal is right.  I don't know what that deal looks like.  I also don't know what the hypothetical cost of a second contract is for Jamal Adams.  I do know that he's under contract for 2020, his 5th year option would be 2021, and the Jets could hang the threat of a franchise tag over his head for 2022 (and it would likely result in a 1-year salary much less than he'd expect with no longterm protections).  The Jets still have a lot of leverage here....and I would use it.

We talk about "what if's" around here a lot...but always in the negative sense.  What if Jamal wants a ridiculous amount of money?  What if he decides to hold out this coming Summer....or next Summer before Year 5?  We don't talk enough about what actually IS.  Jamal IS playing hard every game for a losing team that hasn't been able to put anything around him.  Jamal IS the best player the Jets have drafted since Darrelle Revis.  Jamal IS a 1st Team All Pro following up his 2nd Team selection last year.  This guy continues to bring it every play on a team where many other players simply try to mail it in.  But he dances, he talks to much and his position is Safety....and that absolutely triggers some people around here.

If we get a lot, trade him.  If we don't, keep him.  Let's not sell a $100 bill for $72.  And, fans shouldn't deal in hypotheticals until they become reality....otherwise we're trading Sam Darnold next year because he may eventually cost us a lot or hold out.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

If Kenny Galloday and his league leading TD's receptions wanted to come to the Jets and play for free, I'd be like, nah - Detroit only won 3 games. 

Kenny is a beast and he is a WR and he helps Darnold.

so sure. He can come.

you are taking my point that jamal’s All-Pro status has no impact on winning a lot of games or losing a lot of games and trying to apply it to every player you can think of. that would be doing my point injustice because that is not what I meant by that post.

and truthfully, JiF,  I had nothing I wanted to discuss on this thread anyway. I just wanted to shed some light on his egoistical behavior. I want him off the team because he isn’t worth it and his personality is phony. Hence why I expected it to be locked by now.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Kenny is a beast and he is a WR and he helps Darnold.

so sure. He can come.

you are taking my point that jamal’s All-Pro status has no impact on winning a lot of games or losing a lot of games and trying to apply or to every player you can think of. that would be doing my point injustice because that is not what I meant by that post.

and truthfully, JiF,  I had nothing I wanted to discuss on this thread anyway. I just wanted to shed some light on his egoistical behavior. I want him off the team because he isn’t worth it and his personality is phony. Hence why I expected it to be locked by now.

Jamal Adams is the first professional athlete with an ego, so this is concerning and I totally get why you started this thread. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I have no problem trading him if Joe D thinks the deal is right.  I don't know what that deal looks like.  I also don't know what the hypothetical cost of a second contract is for Jamal Adams.  I do know that he's under contract for 2020, his 5th year option would be 2021, and the Jets could hang the threat of a franchise tag over his head for 2022 (and it would likely result in a 1-year salary much less than he'd expect with no longterm protections).  The Jets still have a lot of leverage here....and I would use it.

We talk about "what if's" around here a lot...but always in the negative sense.  What if Jamal wants a ridiculous amount of money?  What if he decides to hold out this coming Summer....or next Summer before Year 5?  We don't talk enough about what actually IS.  Jamal IS playing hard every game for a losing team that hasn't been able to put anything around him.  Jamal IS the best player the Jets have drafted since Darrelle Revis.  Jamal IS a 1st Team All Pro following up his 2nd Team selection last year.  This guy continues to bring it every play on a team where many other players simply try to mail it in.  But he dances, he talks to much and his position is Safety....and that absolutely triggers some people around here.

If we get a lot, trade him.  If we don't, keep him.  Let's not sell a $100 bill for $72.  And, fans shouldn't deal in hypotheticals until they become reality....otherwise we're trading Sam Darnold next year because he may eventually cost us a lot or hold out.

it is not a "what if" that Jamal will want to be the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Sorry.  No can do if I am Douglas.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

This doesn’t deserve its own thread and it will eventually be locked but I’m in a giving mood today.

Jet fan twitter users all are well aware of Michael Nania, he’s a regular guy like us, he posts a ton of Jet graphic stats, clips, ect. I especially like how Jamal Adams found a post from an average joe and gave himself a confidence booster along with a quick marketing grab. 

This guy is an egotistical maniac. It’s no secret anymore, he’s turned one of his biggest supporters(yours truly) into a T0M Shane supporter with his phony team first babble. The Pro Bowl is coming on and I hope Jerry Jones is watching. Jet fans with an emotional attachment to this clown and who defend him like they would their child.....shame...shame on you.

Top 5 best Jets player the past 20 years. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Top 5 best Jets player the past 20 years. 

Not exactly saying much, my long time friend.

You trolling me? LMFAO 

I thought we had a break through discussing Ramen noodles and pork rinds. WTF 

Don’t backtrack now, that would almost make this too easy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

This doesn’t deserve its own thread and it will eventually be locked but I’m in a giving mood today.

Jet fan twitter users all are well aware of Michael Nania, he’s a regular guy like us, he posts a ton of Jet graphic stats, clips, ect. I especially like how Jamal Adams found a post from an average joe and gave himself a confidence booster along with a quick marketing grab. 

This guy is an egotistical maniac. It’s no secret anymore, he’s turned one of his biggest supporters(yours truly) into a T0M Shane supporter with his phony team first babble. The Pro Bowl is coming on and I hope Jerry Jones is watching. Jet fans with an emotional attachment to this clown and who defend him like they would their child.....shame...shame on you.

Image result for butt fumble gifs

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

“FANS LIKE YOUUUUU”

lol so much venom coming from your keyboard. I usually love our players. Don’t really know what you’re talking about.

You are dealing with a child. If you don't agree with him, then you are a bad fan.  He's always been like that.  and  LOL @ "Fans like you".   Fans that want this team to succeed and who can see beyond 9-months out, know that we need to build around Darnold fast and furiously.  And that we can't be held back by a good but what will be extremely over priced strong safety.  OL, WR, Edge and CB come long before strong safety.  Sure Adams is good, but I don't want him to take up a huge share of salary cap for a safety of all things.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Dcat said:

You are dealing with a child. If you don't agree with him, then you are a bad fan.  He's always been like that.  and  LOL @ "Fans like you".   Fans that want this team to succeed and who can see beyond 9-months out, know that we need to build around Darnold fast and furiously.  And that we can't be held back by a good but what will be extremely over priced strong safety.  OL, WR, Edge and CB come long before strong safety.  Sure Adams is good, but I don't want him to take up a huge share of salary cap for a safety of all things.

You guys/gals hate the best player on the team and the best Safety in the NFL and I'm the problem. LMFAO 

This is comedy central gold. 

Sure let's trade him for draft picks that will be busts more than likely.