JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Very strong arm.  Can make all the throws.  Doesn't make a lot of mistakes.  His accuracy is wildly inconsistent though, and borders on poor more often than good.  He just doesn't have good touch.

Agreed 100%

Stanley reminds me of Mason Rudolph. Except I think Stanley has a stronger arm and better mechanics. But both have poor accuracy, touch, and footwork.

I don't disagree with @NYJetsVets91 saying he's the best QB left on the board. He definitely is, but that's also because he's essentially a finished product. What you is what you're getting with him, whereas there are several QBs available on Day 3 with much more upside

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Jauan Jennings is a great pick there imo.  He ran very slow but I can see him being a Bolden type for sure.  Great value.

Good comparison. He’s slow as hell but has the size, routes, hands and ability to break tackles that should make him valuable as a #3. I wouldn’t mind the Jets getting him on day three. He’s a hard SOB to tackle, he’d be fun to watch.  TE/WR tweener. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

hey guys... In that other draft i'm doing, the Jets are up and I have to make a pick soon.  Not going to post the details in this thread, but i have a thread in the draft forum for this upcoming pick:

Either Edwards-Helaire or Anae......lean to Anae

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

hey guys... In that other draft i'm doing, the Jets are up and I have to make a pick soon.  Not going to post the details in this thread, but i have a thread in the draft forum for this upcoming pick:

If I were you I would double dip at WR.  Pittman is an easy choice for me.  We need more than 1 WR and Pittman is good value early 3.  It looks like you will still have plenty of other options to choose from at 79.  

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

If I were you I would double dip at WR.  Pittman is an easy choice for me.  We need more than 1 WR and Pittman is good value early 3.  It looks like you will still have plenty of other options to choose from at 79.  

Great pick with Asiasi.....was hoping he'd get to me down at #183. Personally, think you got the best TE in the draft.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Great pick with Asiasi.....was hoping he'd get to me down at #183. Personally, think you got the best TE in the draft.

I don't know about best TE in the draft; but Packers desperately needed an upgrade at TE and all of the early value kept coming off the board ahead of me.  Of the guys left, I thought he was the least flawed and had best potential to start in a year or two. 

Actually he was a last minute change -- was planning to go in a different direction until I got up this AM and decided to rethink things.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't know about best TE in the draft; but Packers desperately needed an upgrade at TE and all of the early value kept coming off the board ahead of me.  Of the guys left, I thought he was the least flawed and had best potential to start in a year or two. 

Actually he was a last minute change -- was planning to go in a different direction until I got up this AM and decided to rethink things.

He would have been a luxury pick for the Giants, but at that spot his athleticism and overall grade would have made him impossible to pass up. Great value.

I know IRL the LOLphins aren't waiting until the end of the 5th to take a QB, but I don't care lol.

Tua being taken at 2 actually shook up my whole draft, because I was going to take him at 5. Once he went off the board, I decided to completely change direction.

Didn't want Herbert, you could say the bloom is off the rose with him. I was going to take Love at 26 (like his upside way more than Herbert) but he was sniped 3 picks before me.

After that, just decided not to go QB until Day 3 and build the best team and give Rosen 1 last shot with actual pieces surrounding him. If it doesn't work out, you're still in prime position to nab Lawrence or Fields in 2021 ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Trade Confirmed.  Denver sends 239, 252 & 254 to Jacksonville for pick 189.  Denver @Paradis, on the clock.

All done...

I almost put in Emeka Emezie -- Kelvin Harmon's wingman from NC state.... who i think is a better pure prospect... Now, i know he's not a draftnik favorite, but it's been suuuuper quiet on that front... Maybe because he never declared?? lol - good think i checked.

Alright, first one done.. 

GRADE ME

Denver Broncos 2020 Draft

• R1/28 - AJ Epenesa, Edge
  • R2/14 - A. Winfield Jr, S
  • R2/28 - D. Duvernay, WR
  • R3/13 - KJ Hill, WR
  • R3/19 - S. Lemieux, IOL
  • R4/2 - AJ Green, CB
  • R4/4 - B. Bartch, OT
  • R5/16 - J. Lynch, DT
  • R5/32 - R. Robinson II, DB