JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wish I had another pick.  I wanted a center but took 2 guards.  I could have had Nick Harris but took Lewis.  Ravens fan I know wanted me to take Shackleford at the end.  Thinks he's going to be solid, nasty C in the NFL.    @RobR  Shackleford?

The old NC State power forward? Little long in the tooth, no??

I am here.  Assuming nobody wants to move up, I will make my pick in a few.

I really would like to pick up another 7th, even the last pick in the draft, but now I feel guilty like I am trying to win the contest that @Lith isn't going to score this year! My probably pick at #214 is uninspiring, but I have two guys left that will NOT be picked in this draft that I would insist on having in camp if I were GM.  Oh well, at least I will get to pick one.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

@Lith  not only do the Packers have Mason Crosby, in February they signed him to a $13 million 3 year extension with a $3 million signing bonus.

You're gonna have some serious questions to answer in that post draft press conference from all of your shareholders.

Good thing Manish doesn't write for the Milwaukee Daily News.

LOL

Competition.  Players on my team have to compete for their positions.  Best player plays regardless of contract or tenure in the League. Rodrigo Blankenship was the best player on our board at that spot, so we took him. 

Besides, if Hot Rod beats out Crosby, he becomes an asset we can use to add a pick in the 2021 draft. 

Remember that guy Vedvik, he got the Ravens a 5 this year.

38 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wish I had another pick.  I wanted a center but took 2 guards.  I could have had Nick Harris but took Lewis.  Ravens fan I know wanted me to take Shackleford at the end.  Thinks he's going to be solid, nasty C in the NFL.    @RobR  Shackleford?

No clue.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Okay, I got my wish. 

@section314 is sending me #218 and #255 for #214.  I can pick all my UDFA. 

Now my uninspired pick will probably be gone.

My new favorite trading partner please confirm and make your pick.

I confirm.  Pick will be in momemtarily... Ok with mods to proceed?

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Hahahahahaha!  

That is exactly who I was going to pick!  Uninspired!

? I guess that means the Jets will sign him in 3 years? Seriously, I got the Giants their LT and RT of the future, and a guy to push Hernandez and Halappio. Giants don't really seem enamored with Hernandez.

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

? I guess that means the Jets will sign him in 3 years? Seriously, I got the Giants their LT and RT of the future, and a guy to push Hernandez and Halappio. Giants don't really seem enamored with Hernandez.

I thought Hernandez was such a beast.  I remember being infatuated with him for that draft.  And then the Giants took him and he became dead to me.  

So why don't the Giants like him?  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I thought Hernandez was such a beast.  I remember being infatuated with him for that draft.  And then the Giants took him and he became dead to me.  

So why don't the Giants like him?  

From what I've gathered, don't think he took the step fro yr1 to year 2, and takes too many dumb penalties....after the whistle stuff. Remember the Cowboy Mon.night game last year..had like 2 of them on 3 plays. That kind of stuff. Just thought this guy was really good value at this point, and don't forget who new coach is, and who taught him. Won't stand for guys who constantly commit penalties.

22 hours ago, King P said:

@Lith

Funny thing is I'm hearing the Jets really like Cager. They flew down to Athens to meet with him and had a 2nd meeting (with a private workout) planned before Covid-19.

I'm smitten with Cager (in the way that @Paradis is with TEs lol). If we could get him on Day 3, we're getting a steal if he can stay healthy 

I’m a UGA fan and I seen Cager shine more than anyone else last year. Cager is a keeper for anyone. He’s tough and reliable and he makes catches he’s not suppose to make. I liked him last year more than I like Riley Ridly the year before.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m a UGA fan and I seen Cager shine more than anyone else last year. Cager is a keeper for anyone. He’s tough and reliable and he makes catches he’s not suppose to make. I liked him last year more than I like Riley Ridly the year before.

Issue with Cager was his inability to stay on the field.  Only once in his four seasons at UGA and the U did he play more than 10 games.  Very good player; we were a much better team this season when he was healthy, but with the amount of depth and quality at the WR position, I would not be in favor of the pick.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Issue with Cager was his inability to stay on the field.  Only once in his four seasons at UGA and the U did he play more than 10 games.  Very good player; we were a much better team this season when he was healthy, but with the amount of depth and quality at the WR position, I would not be in favor of the pick.

I wouldn’t pick him in the 2nd or 3rd but if JD wanted another guy later on in the 4th and he’s there, I would take him. I hate to seem like I’m always hyping up our guys but I do really really like Cager. He was tough for us. Wouldn’t you agree he had a better “last college” season than Ridley?

49 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wouldn’t pick him in the 2nd or 3rd but if JD wanted another guy later on in the 4th and he’s there, I would take him. I hate to seem like I’m always hyping up our guys but I do really really like Cager. He was tough for us. Wouldn’t you agree he had a better “last college” season than Ridley?

Hard to compare the two.  Ridley had to share targets with Hardman, Godwin and Holloman; whereas Cager was the clear #1 to a couple of freshmen.  I loved Cager this past year for the Dawgs; but I don't love him in the draft, especially not this year.

Cincinnati complete: @Beerfish

1 1 1 3000 Cincinnati Bengals Beerfish Joe Burrow LSU QB  
2 1 33 580 Cincinnati Bengals Beerfish Josh Jones Houston OT  
3 1 65 265 Cincinnati Bengals Beerfish Michael Pittman Jr. USC WR  
4 1 107 80 Cincinnati Bengals Beerfish Albert Okwuegbunam Missouri TE  
5 1 147 32.2 Cincinnati Bengals Beerfish Antonio Gibson Memphis RB  
6 1 180 19 Cincinnati Bengals Beerfish Tyre Phillips Miss. State IOL  
7 1 215 5 Cincinnati Bengals Beerfish L'Jarius Sneed Louisiana Tech CB  

Washington Redskins complete: @GREENBEAN

You quietly put together a really nice draft for the team with the racist name.  

1 2 2 2600 Washington Redskins Greenbean Tua Tagovailoa Alabama QB  
3 2 66 260 Washington Redskins Greenbean Matthew Peart Connecticut OT  
3 35 99 104 Washington Redskins Greenbean Lamar Jackson Nebraska CB  
4 31 137 37 Washington Redskins Greenbean Isaiah Hodgins Oregon St. WR via DEN thru SF
5 2 148 31.8 Washington Redskins Greenbean Calvin Throckmorton Oregon OT  
7 2 216 4.6 Washington Redskins Greenbean Jacob Breeland Oregon TE  
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Your New York Jets completed draft.  Nice work @IndianaJet

1 11 11 1250 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Henry Ruggs III Alabama WR  
2 16 48 420 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Ezra Cleveland Boise St. OT  
3 4 68 250 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Terrell Lewis Alabama EDGE via NYG
3 15 79 195 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Matt Hennessy Temple IOL  
4 14 120 54 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Gabriel Davis UCF WR  
5 12 158 27.8 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet A.J. Dillon Boston College RB  
6 12 191 14.6 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Javaris Davis Auburn CB  
6 32 211 6.6 NY Jets Jets IndianaJet Nevelle Clarke UCF CB via KC

I like this jets draft for the most part.  I am not too sure about the Terrell Lewis pick.

I liked both CBs taken in round 6 as I had both on my list for my 7th round pick (other than the fact it is very mcagnan like to take CBs in round 6 ? )

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Cincinnati Bengals Draft:

The Bengals came into the draft with a specific vision of what they wanted to do and they feel they have accomplished what they set out to do.

The actions of the current front office allowed me to go with an offensive heavy draft.

The oline was already in the process of being rebuilt.  High picks were used on Jonah Williams and Billy Price in the previous two drafts, and they picked Mike Jordan in last years 4th round and he started 9 games for them. They also signed Xavier Sua-Filo in free agency.

On the defensive side of the ball they signed: DJ Reader (DT), Trae Waynes (CB), Mackenzie Alexander (CB), Josh Bynes (LB) and Von Bell (S).

1st pick (1) - Joe Burrow was the only choice here for me.  If we allowed trades of future picks I may have at least listened to trade offers but this was my guy.

2nd pick (33) - I was looking at OT or WR here and was happy to get Josh Jones who seems to be considered near the top of the 2nd tier of OT's.

3rd pick (65) - I was looking WR here and was happy to get Michael Pittman.  It was between him and one other WR who had slightly better combine numbers but less production.  I don't view Pittman as a guy who will be a super star but I do think he will catch a lot of balls and get a lot of 1st downs.

4th pick (107) - Need met player value here for me and I chose Albert Okwuegbunam.  I wanted a weapon TE, this dude ran a 4.49 40 at 6'5" 258 and has good college production to back it up.  (23 tds)

5th pick (147) - I had a few options here but I went for a RB/Wr hybrid with great speed and play making ability in Antonio Gibson.  The Bengals got good mileage over the years with Geo Bernard and this guy is a faster more dangerous version.

6th pick (180) - A number of options here but I chose Tyre Phillips who played OT in college but will be looked at as a big body road grader guard in the pros after a couple years of development.

7th pick (215) - I finally went defense here, I looked at LB's but the guys I liked went off the board before my pick so it came down to about four DB's.  I chose L'Jarius Sneed a guy that played both S and CB in college and ran a 4.37.

Once I chose Burrow I wanted to everything possible to help him succeed with oline and weapons. 

Strangely I never made one trade, I had talks in about 4 of the rounds but nothing came off.  It is a huge advantage to be picking high in every single round, we often talk about this for the 1st round but I'm sure I would have missed out on half my preferred picks if I was picking later on.

Time for the Cincy GM to pour himself a scotch, light a cigar and rest on his laurels.

I was thinking about taking Sneed at 206.. nice value with your last pick. First 3 picks are spot on as well.

Sorry.  I was out risking my life buying milk and bread for my children.  

I had been waiting on Ismael, got cute and lost him.  Then I was going for Runyan.  In reality, I would have taken Ismael and just signed my next 3 picks as UDFA, but here I am.  I will probably just take my 1st choice for my next to last pick here, but let me look around quick.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Cincinnati Bengals Draft:

The Bengals came into the draft with a specific vision of what they wanted to do and they feel they have accomplished what they set out to do.

The actions of the current front office allowed me to go with an offensive heavy draft.

The oline was already in the process of being rebuilt.  High picks were used on Jonah Williams and Billy Price in the previous two drafts, and they picked Mike Jordan in last years 4th round and he started 9 games for them. They also signed Xavier Sua-Filo in free agency.

On the defensive side of the ball they signed: DJ Reader (DT), Trae Waynes (CB), Mackenzie Alexander (CB), Josh Bynes (LB) and Von Bell (S).

1st pick (1) - Joe Burrow was the only choice here for me.  If we allowed trades of future picks I may have at least listened to trade offers but this was my guy.

2nd pick (33) - I was looking at OT or WR here and was happy to get Josh Jones who seems to be considered near the top of the 2nd tier of OT's.

3rd pick (65) - I was looking WR here and was happy to get Michael Pittman.  It was between him and one other WR who had slightly better combine numbers but less production.  I don't view Pittman as a guy who will be a super star but I do think he will catch a lot of balls and get a lot of 1st downs.

4th pick (107) - Need met player value here for me and I chose Albert Okwuegbunam.  I wanted a weapon TE, this dude ran a 4.49 40 at 6'5" 258 and has good college production to back it up.  (23 tds)

5th pick (147) - I had a few options here but I went for a RB/Wr hybrid with great speed and play making ability in Antonio Gibson.  The Bengals got good mileage over the years with Geo Bernard and this guy is a faster more dangerous version.

6th pick (180) - A number of options here but I chose Tyre Phillips who played OT in college but will be looked at as a big body road grader guard in the pros after a couple years of development.

7th pick (215) - I finally went defense here, I looked at LB's but the guys I liked went off the board before my pick so it came down to about four DB's.  I chose L'Jarius Sneed a guy that played both S and CB in college and ran a 4.37.

Once I chose Burrow I wanted to do everything possible to help him succeed with oline and weapons. 

Strangely I never made one trade, I had talks in about 4 of the rounds but nothing came off.  It is a huge advantage to be picking high in every single round, we often talk about this for the 1st round but I'm sure I would have missed out on half my preferred picks if I was picking later on.

Time for the Cincy GM to pour himself a scotch, light a cigar and rest on his laurels.

The pick I loved for you was Tyre Phillips @180. He was my guy @183 for the Giants if he got there. I’m sure you saw on one of the sites that he was the 4th highest rated O lineman in the SEC last year.He was a great pick. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Okay, I got my wish. 

@section314 is sending me #218 and #255 for #214.  I can pick all my UDFA. 

Now my uninspired pick will probably be gone.

My new favorite trading partner please confirm and make your pick.

Who's the udfa you want? I'll make sure not to take him 

top.jpg

• Upvote 1