JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

yeah, man. It seems to be the "in" thing to lose one's job at the moment. So at least I'm finally a part of the cool crowd. lol 

Good luck with your situation.  I'm really hoping things turn around sooner than the current projections would have us believe. 

Didn't Toronto just ban all public events through June 30? 

Sorry to hear you got laid off.  I still have my job and I am 100% telework.  That is a huge part of why I work where I do.  OTOH, I have a 2 year old, a wife handling childcare and 3 adult children that all got laid off and moved back in.   Tough to find any quiet and tough to pay for mortgage and utilities on both houses.  Food bills are no joke either.  Bonus, my parents are on the way down!  I remember when this was a big empty house!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Good pick @King P with Onwenu. I was hoping he would make it to my pick but wasn't expecting him to.

I had a feeling he was the guy you were talking about, and I'm high on him as well.

Anytime I watched film on Cesar Ruiz, I found myself coming away impressed with Onwenu as well. Mammoth of a man with power and functional athleticism.

He's going to be a steal for whoever picks him up next month

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, King P said:

I had a feeling he was the guy you were talking about, and I'm high on him as well.

Anytime I watched film on Cesar Ruiz, I found myself coming away impressed with Onwenu as well. Mammoth of a man with power and functional athleticism.

He's going to be a steal for whoever picks him up next month

That's exactly how I found him. Also looks like the Jets have some interest in him too but we'll see after what we did in free agency.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, section314 said:

Hang in there. Hope the best for you. Hopefully nit wits like myself on this site will help. Now, about that damn Q character....?

haha

Indeed, This site helps a great deal.  I'm about to film my latest mock so that'll help too.  

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Sorry to hear that.  This pandemic is taking its toll in so many ways.   I guess I am one of the lucky ones.  Wife and I can both work from home; we may be getting on each other's nerves, but after 30+ years of marriage, we are pretty well experienced at dealing with that.

Hoepfully you won't be out of work for too long and you and your family stays healthy.

Thanks man. You guys keeping the draft going is more than most are able to give us Jets guys. Just the best! 

21 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Jets try to add some depth to the backfield with the selection of A.J. Dillon.

Don't love his inability to catch the ball, but he's the antithesis of Bell - he see's the hole and hits it with a vengeance. 

Good value pick but that guy looked as juiced as Lee Haney.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not loving my draft.  Ending up with a tackle I don't like that much and two DTs.  The T's I really wanted were off the board by my 3rd.  Probably should have passed on Claypool and gone T there.  There are plenty of WR available even now that would help.  Davis is the guy that is superfluous.  I have a couple of other guys I absolutely want.  They should both last, but if I didn't feel that you guys don't know/like them much I probably would have taken the guy I am targeting in the 7th over Benito. I would love to pick up another pick if anybody wants to move up a few slots.

I feel similarly. In truth I chose the skins because I was positive I could parlay that #2 pick into an arsenal.  Then I was up all night on Draft eve bothering @Lith to make the pick and then I overslept. The skins didn't have a 2nd and I've been playing what feels like catch up ever since. 64 picks between my first two was tough. 

It's funny how the plan can get away from ya eh?  

21 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I feel similarly. In truth I chose the skins because I was positive I could parlay that #2 pick into an arsenal.  Then I was up all night on Draft eve bothering @Lith to make the pick and then I overslept. The skins didn't have a 2nd and I've been playing what feels like catch up ever since. 64 picks between my first two was tough. 

It's funny how the plan can get away from ya eh?  

Not thrilled with my draft either -- seems to be a lot of that going around.  Loved getting Denzel Mims in the first, but after that, I have had to settle each round as the guys I wanted go off the board in the 10-12 picks before mine.  Tried to trade up a couple of times, but haven't been able to get a deal done.  Been a frustrating draft in that way.  

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Didn't Toronto just ban all public events through June 30? 

Sorry to hear you got laid off.  I still have my job and I am 100% telework.  That is a huge part of why I work where I do.  OTOH, I have a 2 year old, a wife handling childcare and 3 adult children that all got laid off and moved back in.   Tough to find any quiet and tough to pay for mortgage and utilities on both houses.  Food bills are no joke either.  Bonus, my parents are on the way down!  I remember when this was a big empty house!

Wow man. That's quite the life shift. Like you said, it's a good thing that you have the stability to offer the rest of the family during this odd time.  If it wasn't you, I'm sure you'd appreciate having that resource from the other direction. It's good what you're doing, food bills be damned! 

I'm not sure about Toronto but VA just passed something called order 53 which means law enforcement can get you if you are out and about for anything other than necessity. Groceries, Work and stuff like that are ok I suppose but the quarantine has increased in severity. 

The job thing is what it is. It sucks no doubt, but I do understand. It would be nice for them to pay me not to do anything for the next few months but how realistic is that really? As an interventionist I travel all over the country meeting with families and all that so it's just about impossible to perform my duties while adhering to the quarantine. 

Good luck with your situation man. 

@Dcat Love the Coulter pick, I was seriously considering grabbing him in the 6th even though that would have been 3 WRs for the Jets in this draft.

If Gabe Davis hadn't fell to me in the fourth, I would have likely gone RB or CB there and then picked Coulter in the 5th.

Gil Brandt - for what it's worth - loves this guy:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-hall-of-famer-gil-brandt-names-sleeper-wide-receiver-who-could-be-this-years-d-k-metcalf/

Brandt, during a meeting with NBC Sports' Peter King, said that Coulter was one of his three combine standouts, along with Auburn DT Derrick Brown and Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor.

"He's a guy we're gonna be asking about a year from now, 'Where'd he come from? Why'd we miss on him?'" Brandt said. "He's 6-foot-1 7/8, big receiver. Plays big. Can run under 4.4 (in the 40-yard dash). I like these guys who come from a school like Rhode Island with something to prove. Don't want to put too much pressure on him, but he could be (the) Metcalf of this draft."

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

@Dcat Love the Coulter pick, I was seriously considering grabbing him in the 6th even though that would have been 3 WRs for the Jets in this draft.

If Gabe Davis hadn't fell to me in the fourth, I would have likely gone RB or CB there and then picked Coulter in the 5th.

Gil Brandt - for what it's worth - loves this guy:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-draft-hall-of-famer-gil-brandt-names-sleeper-wide-receiver-who-could-be-this-years-d-k-metcalf/

The Ape made that pick! He deserves the credit  @Integrity28

11 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Wow man. That's quite the life shift. Like you said, it's a good thing that you have the stability to offer the rest of the family during this odd time.  If it wasn't you, I'm sure you'd appreciate having that resource from the other direction. It's good what you're doing, food bills be damned! 

I'm not sure about Toronto but VA just passed something called order 53 which means law enforcement can get you if you are out and about for anything other than necessity. Groceries, Work and stuff like that are ok I suppose but the quarantine has increased in severity. 

The job thing is what it is. It sucks no doubt, but I do understand. It would be nice for them to pay me not to do anything for the next few months but how realistic is that really? As an interventionist I travel all over the country meeting with families and all that so it's just about impossible to perform my duties while adhering to the quarantine. 

Good luck with your situation man. 

Thanks.  Compared to people in your situation it's pretty easy.  Basically, I just have to run around the house looking for a quiet room.  There are none, but some are quieter than others.  I'm in the DC area.  Maryland, Virginia and DC all have similar rules in place.  

44 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Well then....i revoke my praise of you and heretofore send the love to @Integrity28

Ewww.  That's dirty.

I've got #214 and #238.  Anybody want to move up and flip me an extra 7th?  I have my annual UDFA that I want to draft.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

I think he's the best QB left on the board.. Seems like a good moldable QB, minus the lack of mobility. What's your take on him?

Very strong arm.  Can make all the throws.  Doesn't make a lot of mistakes.  His accuracy is wildly inconsistent though, and borders on poor more often than good.  He just doesn't have good touch.

• Upvote 3