Red Dawn Mafia - Day 6

49 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I don’t get this either, and I don’t know if this is what JC is getting at but I don’t like the setting up of back to back lynches.

I'm not setting up anything.  Both AJ and 80 joked about a symp.  In my experience symps tend to try and reach out to their mates.  I call out players who do scummy sh*t.  Both want to say they were just joking, I say they've earned our vote.  You do you.

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Your reasons are your reasons, just struck me as an odd declaration this early in the game based on Beav’s play so far and thought there might be more behind it that I was missing.

I was halfway to lynch with under 12 hours to deadline, so if you’re reading my post as flippant you’d be correct. Still think the read is legit though

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

Gun to my head if there’s scum on my wagon it’s AVM. Fourth vote and what not, no explanation so nothing to refute or hold accountable with. Same could he said of Spoot but I liked his point on AVM earlier would say Town possibly.

I know deep down JiF’s ego is just projecting to cover his insecurities, and the Batman shtick is old, but I can’t call it scummy even if it’s an easy meta to hide behind. Worth watching later on regardless.

I literally voted you for no reason other than you called Pac a breath of fresh air and haven't been in the thread since lol

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

Should also say regarding 80, even if he is the Symp and waving his dick in our faces, there’s a vig in this setup that can clear that up real quick.

He’s a bad lynch imo.

Uhhhhh what?

Have some of you even read the rules/roles? The symp can investigate town roles, knows who scum are (so isn't firing blindly) and while scum doesn't know who they are they can recall the symp in exchange for their NK.

So even if a Vig, tomorrow, for example, took a shot at 80 as a symp, he may be able to leave breadcrumbs of intel in the thread.

In what world do you think someone could reasonably be scum (as you've gone on to explain that you wouldn't be upset...) but want to leave their death to a vig?

Awful - now you're awful

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@AVM

47 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Unvote vote AVM 

He hasn’t defended himself at all so I’m thinking he’s just flying under the radar and hope he only racks up a few votes. 

"hasn't defended himself" is a great case if I've been here ignoring posts/kept posting...I literally left a vote on AJ (4th vote - fair enough) and hadn't posted since...

Gross, gross, gross

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm not setting up anything.  Both AJ and 80 joked about a symp.  In my experience symps tend to try and reach out to their mates.  I call out players who do scummy sh*t.  Both want to say they were just joking, I say they've earned our vote.  You do you.

Ok that makes more sense. The way you framed it, or at least the way I took it, yesterday made it seem like you were saying one of them must be scum and the other town.

22 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Bad lynch was poor wording on my part fwiw. Better said, he’s not priority one for me although I get why you’re hung up on his play 

Back peddling complete!

22 minutes ago, A.J. said:

It’s what vigs are good for numb nuts

...not when the symp has additional powers, as is the case in this game...

You're either lazy (which due to volume doesn't seem likely), don't understand how a symp finding our PR's could be problematic or are just flat out scummy

Day1 Vote count

AJ (3)- JC, Jif, AVM,

JETS (1) - 80

80 (3)- Drums, Barry, Lee

AVM (4)- AJ, Spoot,New Beaver,  JETS

JC (1) - Pac

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

deadline for today, Thursday, at 3 PM EST.  

Neither of the beavers votes come across bad at all - JETS seemed lazy, at best, regurgitating things others had said in the thread without any actual investigating. OG beaver had mentioned a ping in the past on me, new beaver had one of the better posts of the game - feel good about both to be honest

AJ initially had good reasoning - with a 4th vote on him from me and no explanation at least being something to go on in the game but this "vigs are for shooting scum!!!1!!!11!!" nonsense is awful

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Back peddling complete!

...not when the symp has additional powers, as is the case in this game...

You're either lazy (which due to volume doesn't seem likely), don't understand how a symp finding our PR's could be problematic or are just flat out scummy

If 80 is actually the symp and not just being retarded for whatever reason, the Vig blasts him N1 and there is no investigation results or recruitment to worry about. Yes, I understand the role set just fine. Like I said before, it is window dressing especially now that the Janitor got nerfed to 1x.

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Day1 Vote count

AJ (4)- JC, Jif, AVM, JETS

JETS (1) - 80

80 (2)- Drums, Barry, Lee

AVM (3)- AJ, Spoot,New Beaver

JC (1) - Pac

deadline for tomorrow, Thursday, at 3 PM EST.  

I think JETS is on me, not AJ -- was previously on Leelou.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I was halfway to lynch with under 12 hours to deadline, so if you’re reading my post as flippant you’d be correct. Still think the read is legit though

Not sure if I read it so much as flippant, more of a “knowing too much” with a dash of desperation and attempted manipulation of the Beav.

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

Neither of the beavers votes come across bad at all - JETS seemed lazy, at best, regurgitating things others had said in the thread without any actual investigating. OG beaver had mentioned a ping in the past on me, new beaver had one of the better posts of the game - feel good about both to be honest

AJ initially had good reasoning - with a 4th vote on him from me and no explanation at least being something to go on in the game but this "vigs are for shooting scum!!!1!!!11!!" nonsense is awful

Literally what vigs are for lol

but I can appreciate the handwringing and fear mongering over the setup which is pretty Town sided minus the higher percentage of scum

4 minutes ago, A.J. said:

If 80 is actually the symp and not just being retarded for whatever reason, the Vig blasts him N1 and there is no investigation results or recruitment to worry about. Yes, I understand the role set just fine. Like I said before, it is window dressing especially now that the Janitor got nerfed to 1x.

Why are you suggesting the Vig take out 80 and yet your not voting him? 

More times than not a N1 vig shot hits town.  I think 80s scummy but I'm unsure.  Why not vote 80 and shoot AVM (where your vote is)?

Just trying to understand your logic here.

13 hours ago, Drums said:

After reading, my vote is between AJ and 80. If 80 is the symp, I guess it would make more sense to kill him before he can get any info. Sticking with my vote.

JETS is also someone I am keeping my eye on. His back and forth with Leelou caught my attention so I am keeping them on my radar. More JETS but as always I don't trust anyone.

Those are my only reads so far besides Jif is his bodacious self so I think he's town. I feel good about JC right now too. 

Also, this should be interesting with Nolder's sleeping habit. He seems to be on Hawaii's time zone or something. 

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

This is a scum post

Says drums post that either he (AJ) or 80 with the symp talk is scummy. He specifically bolded the first 3 sentences.

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

Probably bait to see who bites. I don’t see a world where 80 - as scum - plays in such a way to draw this much attention unless he wants to purposefully see who bites. He at least tried to fake the scum hunt in CTM’s game.

Drums is making a show of differentiating between “scum” so to speak and buddying the main drivers of a mislynch wagon while not getting on himself.

80 literally does this kind of thing - in games where he is and is not scum - so he can do this blatantly when he is.

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

Should also say regarding 80, even if he is the Symp and waving his dick in our faces, there’s a vig in this setup that can clear that up real quick.

He’s a bad lynch imo.

Bad lynch - so tied to the response to drums = lynching 80 is scummy? or is the vote on you scummy? So either protecting 80 or OMGUS (OMGUS to me, too)

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

I mean at the end of the day I’m not going to cry about an 80 lynch but I think there are more productive ways to go for D1. Like for instance looking at those who are piling on to me without reason (or piggy backing poor reason).

OMGUS but maybe not such a bad lynch of 80

37 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Bad lynch was poor wording on my part fwiw. Better said, he’s not priority one for me although I get why you’re hung up on his play 

Okay definitely not a bad lynch, just not the best lynch

7 minutes ago, A.J. said:

"Please vig, shoot only in the direction of 80"

Noted.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

More times than not a N1 vig shot hits town.  I think 80s scummy but I'm unsure.  Why not vote 80 and shoot AVM (where your vote is)?

Bingo.

Vote your best chance for scum D1, regardless of role...seems super simple.

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

Day1 Vote count

AJ (4)- JC, Jif, AVM, JETS

JETS (1) - 80

80 (2)- Drums, Barry, Lee

AVM (3)- AJ, Spoot,New Beaver

JC (1) - Pac

deadline for tomorrow, Thursday, at 3 PM EST.  

10 minutes ago, AVM said:

I think JETS is on me, not AJ -- was previously on Leelou.

3 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Voted AVM not AJ. 

Plus Drums+Barry+Lee = 3 votes on 80, not 2.

@CTM a little help here

image.gif.f43c335b359aedb96bc9e0038bf07d09.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Are you agreeing with the "we have a vig so 80 isn't a good lynch" line? I'm not really following if you someone could unpack that one for me a bit. I get vig can shoot someone at night but so what? We're trying to consolidate for a lynch before deadline and this guy has repeatedly told us he's the symp.

Mind you - in this setup if we don't get 8 on a train before deadline there is no lynch and we go to night.

11 minutes ago, A.J. said:

pretty much this. 

say town lynches a different candidate and the vig shoots 80, symp claim.. then we still get the intended result since the vig shot would be at 80 who may or may not be full of sh*t. Town now has to decide if 80 just muddied up the game for lulz or whatever. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

pretty much this. 

say town lynches a different candidate and the vig shoots 80, symp claim.. then we still get the intended result since the vig shot would be at 80 who may or may not be full of sh*t. Town now has to decide if 80 just muddied up the game for lulz or whatever. 

There's also the janitor to consider who can clean up 80 if we're telegraphing that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

pretty much this. 

Why would we not just lynch 80 then? If that’s the info we’re after why would we leave that up to the vig and possibly be staring down the barrel of three dead townies before D2?

12 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Why are the two things mutually exclusive?

Day1 Vote count

AJ (4)- JC, Jif, AVM, Jvill

JETS (1) - 80

80 (3)- Drums, Barry, Lee

AVM (4)- AJ, Spoot,New Beaver,  JETS

JC (1) - Pac

deadline for Today at 3 PM EST.