Red Dawn Mafia - Day 6

6 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Why would we not just lynch 80 then? If that’s the info we’re after why would we leave that up to the vig and possibly be staring down the barrel of three dead townies before D2?

This is a possibility regardless.

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

Day1 Vote count

AJ (4)- JC, Jif, AVM, Jvill

JETS (1) - 80

80 (2)- Drums, Barry, Lee

AVM (4)- AJ, Spoot,New Beaver,  JETS

JC (1) - Pac

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

deadline for tomorrow, Thursday, at 3 PM EST.  

image.gif.137362c1f8f1fb5be64cf97024302be2.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, CTM said:

Which is horrifying frankly. No wonder a slob like @Pac considers it fine dining

My wife takes her mother there when she visited her in assisted living. I think old people really like it. I’ve been a few times over the years, not  awful if you are with family and they want to go. Certainly not anything I would choose myself. We gotta couple of those “ boiled bag” seafood Places here that do a nice Maryland blue crab and she crab soups. It’s nice. They boil the seafood with andouille sausage, salt potatoes and corn on the cob in a boil bag. You pick the seasoning when they bring it cooked and hit as hell to the table. Damn good. This is one of them. Of course AYCE!!!!

http://www.crazycrabrestaurant.com/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

This is a possibility regardless.

I get that, but if people think 80 is the best bet for scum/symp why wouldn’t they just vote to lynch him? The only way we’re coming out ahead by the vig shooting 80 vs just lynching 80 would be if we lynch scum today and vig shoots 80 who is also scum. Every other scenario either puts us exactly where we would be if we just lynched 80 or in an even worse position.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There's also the janitor to consider who can clean up 80 if we're telegraphing that.

59 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Why would we not just lynch 80 then? If that’s the info we’re after why would we leave that up to the vig and possibly be staring down the barrel of three dead townies before D2?

57 minutes ago, Leelou said:

We should lynch 80 and vig can make their own undirected choice. 

true, my point wasn't that the Vig should shoot 80.. i was saying that AJ's comment does have some reasoning. also factoring in the whole now we have to wonder if 80 is claiming symp so scum doesn't get a NK, which is a town move, or if he's being legit and making everyone 2nd guess on him. IMO dumb thing to claim 

48 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

LeeLou voted 80

@Stark have you voted?

i unvoted right before my call

I am leary of JC, AJ and 80 for this whole symp claim/tie AJ and 80 together. 

VOTE AJ

Day1 Vote count

AJ (5)- JC, Jif, AVM, Jvill, Stark

JETS (1) - 80

80 (3)- Drums, Barry, Lee

AVM (4)- AJ, Spoot,New Beaver,  JETS

JC (1) - Pac

deadline for Today at 3 PM EST.  

7 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I get that, but if people think 80 is the best bet for scum/symp why wouldn’t they just vote to lynch him? The only way we’re coming out ahead by the vig shooting 80 vs just lynching 80 would be if we lynch scum today and vig shoots 80 who is also scum. Every other scenario either puts us exactly where we would be if we just lynched 80 or in an even worse position.

I don’t think he’s the best bet for scum. I think he’s being retarded for reasons only he knows and instead of wasting a lynch on him, I’d rather just let the Vig shoot him and be done with it. Scum reading and wanting him to get blasted are not mutually exclusive. At this stage of the game there are few players I wouldn’t advocate that for but that doesn’t mean I am scum reading everyone. It’s pretty clear logic but people are twisting it.

9 hours ago, Nolder said:

As you sit there dithering about several of you begin making jokes. It's understandable, you're young and foolish, but the situation is too serious to lose focus. As if to remind you what you're doing here a ruckus breaks out across the street. A young woman who was walking home screamed when a group of soldiers cornered her against against a wall. They laughed and made obviously crude jokes in another language and one of them began to paw his way down under the front of her dress. She jerked away in revulsion tearing her dress open revealing the not so sexy white bra underneath. The man angrily slapped her hard across the face knocking her to the ground but she quickly got up and ran away. Then he turned around and they all began laughing about it. You exchange looks and get back to work deciding which man to kill first. 

Eww

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I don’t think he’s the best bet for scum. I think he’s being retarded for reasons only he knows and instead of wasting a lynch on him, I’d rather just let the Vig shoot him and be done with it. Scum reading and wanting him to get blasted are not mutually exclusive. At this stage of the game there are few players I wouldn’t advocate that for but that doesn’t mean I am scum reading everyone. It’s pretty clear logic but people are twisting it.

OK well while you're stuck on thinking 80 is just being retarded and we should lynch someone else your train is piling up. If you're town, which I think you are, it would suck to have you lynched because you prefer someone else even though you think 80 isn't a bad lynch.

What did you think of AVM's response now that he has responded?

3 hours ago, Leelou said:

I still didn’t like Jets overreaction, but if we have to pick a couple top wagons I’d more vote 80 over AVM, but I’ll consolidate if needed. 

I think JETS's "overreaction" would be a scum tell if he were a vet, but I don't think it's as reliable of a tell for a rookie.

I appreciate the thought, though. I just don't agree with it.

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Uhhhhh what?

Have some of you even read the rules/roles? The symp can investigate town roles, knows who scum are (so isn't firing blindly) and while scum doesn't know who they are they can recall the symp in exchange for their NK.

So even if a Vig, tomorrow, for example, took a shot at 80 as a symp, he may be able to leave breadcrumbs of intel in the thread.

In what world do you think someone could reasonably be scum (as you've gone on to explain that you wouldn't be upset...) but want to leave their death to a vig?

Awful - now you're awful

Uhh, if the vig shoots Symp tonight, then he won't be able to breadcrumb any intel.

donald trump ugh GIF by Election 2016

This looks scummy on my part.

I like Jifs reasoning on AJ and Jif seems like normal scum hunting town Jif.   AVM seems up front with the votes against him, but I am hesitant to back off because Hess did this to me when he was scum and I backed off.  I will have to revisit the AVM thing.

Unvote

Vote AJ

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There's also the janitor to consider who can clean up 80 if we're telegraphing that.

Was just realizing this as I'm catching up and was gonna mention it.

Points for Barry.

I'm no longer advocating for vig to shoot 80.

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK well while you're stuck on thinking 80 is just being retarded and we should lynch someone else your train is piling up. If you're town, which I think you are, it would suck to have you lynched because you prefer someone else even though you think 80 isn't a bad lynch.

What did you think of AVM's response now that he has responded?

I am not surprised he’s come back and doubled down by twisting my fairly simple and straight forward reasoning and trying to fear monger the setup. You can disagree with my take on 80 if you want but that doesn’t mean I am wrong for saying he’s a better Vig kill since according to AVM, 80 could pull this as either alignment 

im not getting lynched today 

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Tell me, though, why so concerned about consolidation?

My concern is with the setup. Sleepy told us if we don't get to 8 by deadline there's no lynch and we go to night. I would prefer that to a townie getting mislynched, but the setup also gives less motivation to scum to bus and more motivation to hide out on nothing trains. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Was just realizing this as I'm catching up and was gonna mention it.

Points for Barry.

I'm no longer advocating for vig to shoot 80.

were you ever? did anyone advocate for that. AJ just made a point about the vig clearing any confusion with 80. 

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Tell me, though, why so concerned about consolidation?

yeah @Barry McCockinner was a little eager. 

Day1 Vote count

AJ (5)- JC, Jif, AVM, Jvill, New Beaver

JETS (1) - 80

80 (3)- Drums, Barry, Lee

AVM (3)- AJ, Spoot, JETS

JC (1) - Pac

deadline for Today at 3 PM EST.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My concern is with the setup. Sleepy told us if we don't get to 8 by deadline there's no lynch and we go to night. I would prefer that to a townie getting mislynched, but the setup also gives less motivation to scum to bus and more motivation to hide out on nothing trains. 

I get the part about preferring a no lynch over a mislynch, but the bold I don't get. What does that have to do with forcing a consolidation vote?

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

were you ever? did anyone advocate for that. AJ just made a point about the vig clearing any confusion with 80. 

In my head, yes, and is what I was thinking at the time I quoted AVM and told him that vig shooting symp tonight would mean there would be no breadcrumbing of intel.

I just assumed my support for that came across in my post, and I wanted to stamp that out concisely.