No one is ever good enough for certain types of Jet fans...

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The constant desire to go 8-8 is part of the problem.  At some point you have to stop the cycle of paying FA's because the team lacks homegrown talent.  JD is attempting to break the cycle, and I support that.  Don't compound the problems of the last 10 years.  That's poor GM work.  

The "instant gratification" isn't coming in 2020 regardless of what we do.  Jack Conklin wasn't suddenly going to make next season "interesting".  So I'd rather be frugal until such time that we have a solid homegrown core and free agents actually want to come here.  If JD can nail the draft this year, that might be coming as soon as 2021.  

JD has a 6-year contract here.  The name of the game is patience, whether fans want to kick and scream about it or not.

Eh.  Nobody wants to go 8-8, not even Johnny Green Balls. OTOH, 9-7 or 10-6 will almost certainly make the playoffs.  Once you are in, anything is possible.   Guys like Flacco got hot and carried their team to the super bowl.  Eli Manning is a mediocre QB that carried his team to two.  If you believe nyjunc, it was the Giant defense led by Steve Spagnuolo.  That is even more unlikely.  Foles won an MVP and can't even hold down a job.  All we are asking for is a ticket to the dance.  There sure as sh*t are enough of them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Once you are in, anything is possible.   Guys like Flacco got hot and carried their team to the super bowl.  Eli Manning is a mediocre QB that carried his team to two.  If believe nyjunc, it was the Giant defense led by Steve Spagnuolo.  

That hasn't happened in a long while.  If you want to make a deep run in the playoffs or win a SB, you really need to be able to win your division.  The top 2 seeds in either conference have been the ones dominating the playoffs for nearly a decade.  I believe the last Wild Card to win a title was the 2010 Packers.  And Sam Darnold is no Aaron Rodgers in his prime.  Even the 2011 Giants at least won their division, albeit at 9-7.  

Regardless of what FA's we signed this offseason, we were never going to be better than the 3rd best team in this division who MAYBE slips into the playoffs as the last Wild Card. 

That's not a recipe for a deep playoff run.  

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The constant desire to go 8-8 is part of the problem.  At some point you have to stop the cycle of paying FA's because the team lacks homegrown talent.  JD is attempting to break the cycle, and I support that.  Don't compound the problems of the last 10 years.  That's poor GM work.  

The "instant gratification" isn't coming in 2020 regardless of what we do.  Jack Conklin wasn't suddenly going to make next season "interesting".  So I'd rather be frugal until such time that we have a solid homegrown core and free agents actually want to come here.  If JD can nail the draft this year, that might be coming as soon as 2021.  

JD has a 6-year contract here.  The name of the game is patience, whether fans want to kick and scream about it or not.

Accusing any Jets fan of suffering from unreasonable fixation on “instant gratification” is pretty funny. I just want my entertainment to entertain me. Although, it does free up a lot of time when the team is unwatchable.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That hasn't happened in a long while.  If you want to make a deep run in the playoffs or win a SB, you really need to be able to win your division.  The top 2 seeds in either conference have been the ones dominating the playoffs for nearly a decade.  I believe the last Wild Card to win a title was the 2010 Packers.  And Sam Darnold is no Aaron Rodgers in his prime.  Even the 2011 Giants at least won their division, albeit at 9-7.  

Regardless of what FA's we signed this offseason, we were never going to be better than the 3rd best team in this division who MAYBE slips into the playoffs as the last Wild Card. 

That's not a recipe for a deep playoff run.  

The 2012 Ravens won their division at 10-6.  Brady is in Tampa.  9-7 or 10-6 might do it against Jarrett Stidham, Brian Hoyer or Andy Dalton.  I am the last guy to suggest mortgaging the future for 10-6 ala 2015, but you should always be striving to improve the team, no matter whether you are reasonably thinking you are title competitors in April. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

The 2012 Ravens won their division at 10-6.  Brady is in Tampa.  9-7 or 10-6 might do it against Jarrett Stidham, Brian Hoyer or Andy Dalton.  I am the last guy to suggest mortgaging the future for 10-6 ala 2015, but you should always be striving to improve the team, no matter whether you are reasonably thinking you are title competitors in April. 

Always striving to improve the team doesn't necessarily mean we have to go out and sign, say, Clowney for big money.  There are 2nd tier FA's we can still go after towards that end.  We may not spend up to the cap this year but that doesn't mean we can't put together a significantly better roster than last season.  

Signing Tier 1 FA's just doesn't make sense to me until you establish the core.  Too often those Tier 1 guys dog it after they get their money.  FA's respond better on teams with an established homegrown core, because they generally want to be there for a little more than just the money, and have to adapt to the culture that's been developed there.  

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Accusing any Jets fan of suffering from unreasonable fixation on “instant gratification” is pretty funny. I just want my entertainment to entertain me. Although, it does free up a lot of time when the team is unwatchable.

I want a perennial contender.  If that requires "axing" the 2020 season a bit, I can handle that.  

Too often GM's are worried about getting fired if they don't go 8-8 as opposed to 6-10, and make moves that screw the team's future.  We can't afford mistakes like that anymore.  And luckily, JD has a long enough rope that he can build for the long-term and not worry too much about the 2020 W-L record.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I want a perennial contender.  If that requires "axing" the 2020 season a bit, I can handle that.  

Too often GM's are worried about getting fired if they don't go 8-8 as opposed to 6-10, and make moves that screw the team's future.  We can't afford mistakes like that anymore.  And luckily, JD has a long enough rope that he can build for the long-term and not worry too much about the 2020 W-L record.

I want that too but I’d also like to enjoy some good football before I die. We also need to make a decision on Darnold next off season. 2020 is a failure if we still “can’t properly evaluate him due to the terrible supporting cast.”

With (a lot) of luck we will both get what we want.

Just now, jgb said:

I want that too but I’d also like to enjoy some good football before I die. We also need to make a decision on Darnold next off season. 2020 is a failure if we still “can’t properly evaluate him due to the terrible supporting cast.”

With (a lot) of luck we will both get what we want.

Just to survive to 2021 man!

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I will never dismiss the guys who are FS's and have the skills more like a CB.  Mathieu is worth every penny for KC. 

It's the Safeties that are more like Linebackers that don't move the needle.  Jamal Adams is a lot more like Landon Collins than he is Mathieu.  

It certainly doesn't help that we've been told over and over again that we have the "best Safety duo in the league" yet we still let guys like Andy Dalton and Ryan Fitzpatrick carve us up.  

Adams is a better Landon Collins.  I don’t know how that’s worth a $90 million extension and ignoring offers of multiple draft picks but ok

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Your point is valid. The team should do what it feels is in its best interest, as should the player. The value question is a good and healthy debate to have. I would not be pleased if we let him walk just to vastly underspend the cap (again). I don't care about another $30 mill in Woody's pocket. I want every dollar on the field.

That's why I don't conflate the Revis/Adams situations.

I was anti-Revis, but purely because I root for the Jets and not the Revis's bank account.  I understand why he did what he did, but can't help but have an emotional investment, and frankly, I did think that it was not what was best for the team, which included ultimately, showing up out of shape.  But, maybe I was on the wrong side of that one, because he's looking to maximize value.

Adams, to me, is a wholly different beast.  I don't think paying him is a good football decision in a salary capped league.  I don't think what he brings to the table is worth top defender money, and in general, don't think a SS if worth top safety money.  Let Jamal get his money... Good for him.  I'm envious, even.  But, I feel strongly that the team doing so, unless they're the perfect situation, with a young, cheap, good QB, with a strong team around him that can afford it, which the Jets are not, would be making a mistake putting Adams in the 15M plus range.  That he's wholly unlikable is irrelevant to the argument, though it certainly doesn't hurt.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think you can make an easy case moving Adams makes the team better. It's just navigating the PR hit from the media guys who dont care about the Jets anyways.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think you can make an easy case moving Adams makes the team better. It's just navigating the PR hit from the media guys who dont care about the Jets anyways.

Without knowing the compensation that is a completely unsupportable statement.  If you qualify it with the other side of the deal, then you can make a case.

48 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Now we're talking opinion and judgment which is exactly right.  Your stance that you don't see Adams as becoming that kind of player is completely valid.  I think he has a shot, based in part on what i posted just above this in the video.  I could absolutely be wrong on this.  I think Adams is at worst, a very good player who should start, barring injury, for 10-15 years.  Whether he rises to HoF levels is just a guess.  I'd like to see him play it out a few more seasons here though before deciding.  I don't think a lottery ticket to pick another mid-first round player in the draft is more valuable right now and since we don't have a cap problem, I don't see any urgency to send him away.

Agreed but you potentially have depreciation of an asset. So let's say he's closer to my estimation and over the course of this next season he proves to be a very good player but not transcendent. At that point he has proven his ceiling to a degree and your compensation for trading him is decreased. The longer you wait the more value you lose.

I am a production person. I don't see Adams consistently changing the opposition's passing game. The sacks are nice but are a luxury thing in my book. When you blitz your safety, you are putting stress on the rest of your defense since it's not like you linebacker is dropping deep to help your corners. 

You see Adams as a blue chip stock that will be excellent value when you sell him after accruing lots of value over the years. I see him as a sell high stock that's true value is being inflated by unlikely conjecture. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  Nobody wants to go 8-8, not even Johnny Green Balls. OTOH, 9-7 or 10-6 will almost certainly make the playoffs.  Once you are in, anything is possible.   Guys like Flacco got hot and carried their team to the super bowl.  Eli Manning is a mediocre QB that carried his team to two.  If believe nyjunc, it was the Giant defense led by Steve Spagnuolo.  That is even more unlikely.  Foles won an MVP and can't even hold down a job.  All we are asking for is a ticket to the dance.  There sure as sh*t are enough of them.

Football would be even more frustrating than it is if I subscribed to the all-or-nothingism of some Jets fans.

Playoffs are a successful season. This year the bar is even lower for the Jets. The primary (and secondary and tertiary) goal for this team is to make a definitive assessment of Sam Darnold. If it feels like deja vu, you are right. That was the only -- and failed -- goal of 2019.

But I can already see the excuses lining up like so many bowling pins when/if Sam is lackluster yet again. It's Sanchez and Geno all over again.

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

GM’s nowadays have a short leash to turn teams around.  The average new hire GM gets 1-3 years from the beat writers and fans. If it doesn’t turn quickly, it’s torches and pitchforks. Venom spewing hellfire. 

Calls for JD’s head will come soon enough. I’ve seen this movie enough times in my 40+ years. The media hacks (Cimini, Mehta, Costello) will lead the chorus. It’s inevitable. No patience with this team anymore. Mediocrity breeds impatience. 

5 hours ago, Prez33 said:

GM’s nowadays have a short leash to turn teams around.  The average new hire GM gets 1-3 years from the beat writers and fans. If it doesn’t turn quickly, it’s torches and pitchforks. Venom spewing hellfire. 

Calls for JD’s head will come soon enough. I’ve seen this movie enough times in my 40+ years. The media hacks (Cimini, Mehta, Costello) will lead the chorus. It’s inevitable. No patience with this team anymore. Mediocrity breeds impatience. 

Again, questioning the patience of Jets fans is a farce. The only positive of being a perennial joke is there are only diehards left. The impatient ones jumped ship long ago.

13 hours ago, Prez33 said:

The Johnson's have no choice.  What are they gonna do, fire the guy after 3-4 years then hire another search committee?  Come on.

JD has the strongest pedigree of any GM hire they've had since maybe ever.  He should be given the keys to the franchise if he even has "average" drafts here.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

What I really and truly meant when I created this Thread Title of 'No one is ever good enough for certain types of Jet fans'

Is that for some weird reason, Jet fans seem to hate our best players while also hating the thought of one day of seeing them become paid accordingly for their greatness (just the thought alone makes many of Jet fans sick).

However LSU fans are crazy over their All-Time Greats and even once leaving them for the NFL; are still beloved. 

link below is a thread I created on an LSU Fan Forum after only Jamal Adams' first season (All-Rookie Team) and the clueless remarks from certain Jet fans who knew nothing about Jamal Adams (and still know nothing) were completely different than LSU fans who had a chance to witness his on field greatness for 3 years (36 games played). 

While Jet fans attacked the rookie with one line fillers full of box safety and non impact player etc LSU fans on the other hand actually raved about Jamal Adams and predicted he'd become a Pro Bowl and All-Pro player on an NFL level before it ever happened (and they were RIGHT). 

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/from-an-ny-jets-fan-as-lsu-alumni-your-overall-thoughts-on-jamal-adams/78699133/

Those crazed SEC Football Fans as LSU alumni (unlike know it all miserable NY fans) actually spoke about Jamal Adams and the game of football with knowledge, insight and appreciation for one of their greatest Defensive Leaders and Football players of all-time all while Jet fans attempted to rip him apart after his All-Rookie season (2x Pro Bowl and 1x First-team All-Pro selections later and Jet fans were WRONG while LSU fans seen it coming from a mile away and were RIGHT.

So there you have it; the difference between miserable know it all Jet fans and LSU faithful were night and day (regardless knowledge, insight and appreciation). 

On 4/5/2020 at 6:59 PM, Lurker89 said:

What I find disgusting are the fanboys who speak of Jamallpro as their one and only. See I'm a sports fan and a fan of the team, I don't put the individual players, their histrionics, or heroics ahead of that team. 

So much so that you go on and on polluting thread after thread .... Cool with me gives me something to point at and get a laugh out of. The only thing that would make it more funny is him actually getting traded and the ensuing meltdown of his fanboys.

Funny you say these words to me.

I watch College Football; do you? 

So what you're telling us all, is that all of those crazed LSU alumni within an SEC Powerhouse Conference (produced more H.O.F Defensive NFL players than any other Conference) are also disgusting fan boys too; talking about his on field greatness with knowledge, examples and insight despite no longer being on their team not campus? Ha!

Funny how that works.

The Miserable Jet fans who hate our All-Time Greats  (Jamal Adams is already the greatest Jets Safety of All-Time (after only 3 years of play) - when in comparison to SEC & LSU faithful who love, appreciate, miss still to this day and appreciate their All-Time greats (As Jamal Adams is truly an all time great LSU defensive player regardless of position and an ever better leader/person to them - as they've watched him develop since a kid while you, have not. 

I'd rather take advice from knowledgeable LSU Defensive football fans who spoke with class and spoke with insight (who never once mentioned his "Twitter") while discussing his on and off the field greatness - before I ever agree with one line fillers full of absolute garbage dating back to his rookie season (even after his All-Rookie Selection) from Jet fans who hate/dislike our greatest NY Jets Safety of All-Time. 

You should seriously go and join a different football message board since you couldn't care less about our individual players who take the field to play on Sundays. The forum site could be located @ WoodyJohnson.Com; and this way you can praise him for the excellent job he's done since replacing Mr.Hess. Those posters over there? They've seen your kind before and they'll label you a Johnson's fan boy. 

You see. I like a lot of current Jet players. And without the players, I don't have a team to root for (my opinion) as I'm not the biggest fan of the Johnson(s) as you obviously are. 

But there are two players on our Jets roster who I will not only support but also go up to bat for (unlike a coward) even if it means becoming "disliked" by the miserable and "hated" by the disgruntled. 

Sam Darnold & Jamal Adams. 

You all can go ahead and have yourselves a nice little parade as you talk about all of the other sucky current Jets, all you like, and I won't respond for the most part; but Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold are off limits. Talk without knowledge with one line filler garbage and be prepared for insight and knowledge. Understood? Ok. Cool. Good. 

PS: I hope you enjoyed all of those disgusting LSU, Jamal Adams and SEC Fanboys; as they gave out compliments and high praise for my boy #33 because I did and two years later, still do. 

What about you, your overall thoughts on what you just read from LSU faithful?

if not, I can always quote their comment section for you... 

Or would that not fit your agenda? 

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

So what you're telling us all, is that all of those crazed LSU alumni within an SEC Powerhouse Conference (produced more H.O.F Defensive NFL players than any other Conference) are also disgusting fan boys too; talking about his on field greatness with knowledge, examples and insight despite no longer being on their team not campus? Ha!

Funny how that works.

The Miserable Jet fans who hate our All-Time Greats  (Jamal Adams is already the greatest Jets Safety of All-Time (after only 3 years of play) - when in comparison to SEC & LSU faithful who love, appreciate, miss still to this day and appreciate their All-Time greats (As Jamal Adams is truly an all time great LSU defensive player regardless of position and an ever better leader/person to them - as they've watched him develop since a kid while you, have not. 

I'd rather take advice from knowledgeable LSU Defensive football fans who spoke with class and spoke with insight (who never once mentioned his "Twitter") while discussing his on and off the field greatness - before I ever agree with one line fillers full of absolute garbage dating back to his rookie season (even after his All-Rookie Selection) from Jet fans who hate/dislike our greatest NY Jets Safety of All-Time. 

You should seriously go and join a different football message board since you couldn't care less about our individual players who take the field to play on Sundays. The forum site could be located @ WoodyJohnson.Com; and this way you can praise him for the excellent job he's done since replacing Mr.Hess. Those posters over there? They've seen your kind before and they'll label you a Johnson's fan boy. 

You see. I like a lot of current Jet players. And without the players, I don't have a team to root for (my opinion) as I'm not the biggest fan of the Johnson(s) as you obviously are. 

But there are two players on our Jets roster who I will not only support but also go up to bat for (unlike a coward) even if it means becoming "disliked" by the miserable and "hated" by the disgruntled. 

You all can go ahead and have yourselves a nice little parade as you talk about all of the other sucky current Jets, all you like, and I won't respond for the most part; but Jamal Adams and Sam Darnold are off limits. Talk without knowledge with one line filler garbage and be prepared for insight and knowledge. Understood? Ok. Cool. Good. 

PS: I hope you enjoyed all of those disgusting LSU, Jamal Adams and SEC Fanboys; as they gave out compliments and high praise for my boy #33 because I did and two years later, still do. 

What about you, your overall thoughts on what you just read from LSU faithful?

if not, I can always quote their comment section for you... 

Or would that not fit your agenda? 

DWC, my good man, my only agenda is trolling you for carrying around Jamal's Jock Strap like its the Holy Grail. 

- I already stated I don't hate Jamallpro ... I don't like his pomp and circumstance but have also stated that him being asinine doesn't matter much if he is helping our team win.

-  Many fans issue with Jamal is him celebrating his personal success while the team has not been successful during his tenure. (16wins 32losses)

- I'd say I don't like you because you act in an asinine manner, but you are just too much fun not to like.

- You have a lot of advice for other posters, you put words in their mouths because you are so triggered by your own non stop debate with about 50 people that you are foaming at the mouth and don't have a coherent grasp on what you are responding too.... It's cute.

- (I'll be needlessly bolding in your style of post)

- I previously prefaced  using the words "Disgusting" and "Sick" because you were the first to bring those "Emotionally charged words" into the debate. Seemingly because you are personally emotionally hurt by anyone saying anything you disagree with about your precious Jamal.

-  In the above you state I should go to woodyjohnson.com .... Doesn't make much sense, I've only had negative things to say about the Johnson brothers and their ineptitude. You should probably go to Jamallpro.com and see if anyone else wants to sniff Jamal's jock strap with you.;-)

- See at the end of the day It's really not about Jamal for me ... it's about you ..it's about pointing out a grown man's needless hero worship of a 24 year old kid (as you keep calling him) ... So much so you refuse to see any of his actions as immature or foolish.

- It's not immature to want to stay a Jet and and be upset if you think you were being shopped, it is immature to throw a public hissy fit about it refuse to talk to the Coach and GM, ignore the chain of command and go straight to the incompetent owner.

I'm trolling you my dear @Defense Wins Championships because you are a troll. You are an unconscious troll and don't even realize it. So I poke at you because it amuses me.

The debate isn't about liking Jamal for most of us... it's about what allocation of resources is best for the team and if trading him could allocate the resources needed to flip over very neglected parts of the roster many people think that could be worth it. You take that debate and make it about why people "hate"the one you "love", the one who according to you is infallible and has never acted asinine.

I like and respect some players but I don't do the hero worship thing. So here's a question for you DWC, why the hero worship from a grown man for a 24 year old kid?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

So here's a question for you DWC, why the hero worship from a grown man for a 24 year old kid?

Because he's the Greatest N.Y Jets Safety that this Franchise and Fan Base have ever seen (and only took him 3 years). 

1x All-Rookie team. 

2x NFL Pro Bowler. 

2x NFL All-Pro. 

y5vwdina2nc41.thumb.jpg.80130c188338dac18141be3f0bdd87da.jpg

No. 33 – New York Jets
Position: Strong safety
Personal information
Born: October 17, 1995 (age 24)
Lewisville, Texas
Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Weight: 213 lb (97 kg)
Career information
High school: Hebron (Carrollton, Texas)
College: LSU
NFL Draft: 2017 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6
Career history
Roster status: Active
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2019
Total tackles: 273
Sacks: 12.0
Forced fumbles: 6
Fumble recoveries: 4
Interceptions: 2
Defensive touchdowns: 2

And this is how an NFL First-team All-Pro performs all over an NFL defense while roaming the entire playing field @ the same time (below); and I bet you can not post a video of Jamal Adams lowlights (lol @ you).

Or better yet; just ask SEC crazed for great Defense in LSU alumni and they'll tell you all about him (link below);

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/from-an-ny-jets-fan-as-lsu-alumni-your-overall-thoughts-on-jamal-adams/78699133/

There is a new game that we're all going to play and participate in: 'Comment-Section'

Instead of responding to Jamal Adams posts that make me laugh, I'll say absolutely nothing at all but rather instead - I have a better idea - I'll just simply begin to quote one LSU fan @ a time (on their overall thoughts of our Jamal Adam) and label it the 'comment section'. 

We're going to love this game (while reading into insight, knowledge and accurate assessments from crazed Defensive LSU & SEC fans who share a passion for Defense such as myself (DWC) all at the same time (ha) while seeing who has the last laugh...

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah I do.

So what you're telling us all, is that all of those crazed LSU alumni within an SEC Powerhouse Conference (produced more H.O.F Defensive NFL players than any other Conference) are also disgusting fan boys too; 

Yes, yes I am. Would make sense considering he went pro from their school.

You should seriously go and join a different football message board since you couldn't care less about our individual players who take the field to play on Sundays. The forum site could be located @ WoodyJohnson.Com;. 

This part was pretty funny considering I detest those trust fund babies .... Shows you have no reading comprehension whatsoever or just don't pay attention to who you are responding to...

Good to know which buttons to press. Thanks for the trolling roadmap.

I like and respect many players  but I don't elevate them into an untouchable pantheon like you do.  Unlike you I can also handle when others have a differing opinion on some of their actions.

I can see a player as a decent person, a great player, and a blowhard all at the same time. I can see them as a top player at their position who can be a leader and also someone who has in occasion shown themselves to act immaturely.

DWC please never change you make for good sport.

Sincerely yours,

Lurker89

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Because he's the Greatest N.Y Jets Safety that this Franchise and Fan Base have ever seen (and only took him 3 years). 

1x All-Rookie team. 

2x NFL Pro Bowler. 

2x NFL All-Pro. 

y5vwdina2nc41.thumb.jpg.80130c188338dac18141be3f0bdd87da.jpg

No. 33 – New York Jets
Position: Strong safety
Personal information
Born: October 17, 1995 (age 24)
Lewisville, Texas
Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)
Weight: 213 lb (97 kg)
Career information
High school: Hebron (Carrollton, Texas)
College: LSU
NFL Draft: 2017 / Round: 1 / Pick: 6
Career history
Roster status: Active
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2019
Total tackles: 273
Sacks: 12.0
Forced fumbles: 6
Fumble recoveries: 4
Interceptions: 2
Defensive touchdowns: 2

And this is how an NFL First-team All-Pro performs all over an NFL defense while roaming the entire playing field @ the same time (below); and I bet you can not post a video of Jamal Adams lowlights (lol @ you).

Or better yet; just ask SEC crazed for great Defense in LSU alumni and they'll tell you all about him (link below);

There is a new game that we're all going to play and participate in: 'Comment-Section'

Instead of responding to Jamal Adams posts that make me laugh, I'll say absolutely nothing at all but rather instead - I have a better idea - I'll just simply begin to quote one LSU fan @ a time (on their overall thoughts of our Jamal Adam) and label it the 'comment section'. 

We're going to love this game (while reading into insight, knowledge and accurate assessments from crazed Defensive LSU & SEC fans who share a passion for Defense such as myself (DWC) all at the same time (ha) while seeing who has the last laugh...

So you admit your hero worship of (your words) a 24 year old kid. Weird....

Anyway .. .I'm game for your game my dear man.

I'll start .....

Jamal Adams is bad at sports ....

Your turn ...

P.S. your syntax is atrocious, thank God you didn't become the beat writer you yearned to be.

(Guys....  I think we can keep the DWC plague contained to this thread, everyone just do your part  and post anti Jamal posts here when you can if we crowd source this thing we should be able to keep him perpetually busy for years)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah I do.

Yes, yes I am. Would make sense considering he went pro from their school.

This part was pretty funny considering I detest those trust fund babies .... Shows you have no reading comprehension whatsoever or just don't pay attention to who you are responding to...

Good to know which buttons to press. Thanks for the trolling roadmap.

I like and respect many players  but I don't elevate them into an untouchable pantheon like you do.  Unlike you I can also handle when others have a differing opinion on some of their actions.

I can see a player as a decent person, a great player, and a blowhard all at the same time. I can see them as a top player at their position who can be a leader and also someone who has in occasion shown themselves to act immaturely.

DWC please never change you make for good sport.

Sincerely yours,

Lurker89

I don't really like your tone with me (post above). 

Hey, you asked for it man (let the games begin). 

"THE COMMENT-SECTION"

Posted by GeauxPack81 on 9/12/2018 @ 11:19 a.m (these people eat, sleep, poop and wake up talking Jamal Adams football):

"Thats not true. That is certainly his biggest strength, coming up and helping in run support, but he can do more. He can cover TEs, which as a Jets fan I would imagine is especially crucial against NE. Not saying he will lock down Gronk, but he can do just about as good as anyone can against that monster.

NYJ just need to learn how to use him best. I wouldn't have him as a sole deep safety. He is a playmaker, so let him come up and make plays. That kind of Safety/OLB/Nickle guy is a trend throughout the NFL right now. Adams is perfect for that role.

As Saints fans, the last couple of years we have had Kenny Vaccaro in that position. Jamal Adams is a way better cover guy than Vaccaro"

12/30/2018 (3 months after post above)

It's as if GeauxPack81 was able to predict the future between Jamal vs. Gronk - and what's most impressive - is that it only took him one post to predict the future. 

"THE COMMENT-SECTION"

• GeauxPack81 is batting (.1000%). 

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I don't really like your tone with me (post above)

(these people eat, sleep, poop and wake up talking Jamal Adams football):

I'm glad you don't like my tone ;-)

I knew you weren't the only one who thought about Jamallpro in the bathroom.

The game must go on .... Next random Jamal insult 

On 1/29/2020 at 8:44 PM, T0mShane said:

Justin Simmons had 94 tackles and four picks. No hot dance moves, though, and no public meltdown at the trade deadline so he's probably not very good.

Special thanks to @T0mShane

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, DLJ said:

I agree— the hate Jamal Adams gets here is ridiculous. He’s the best player on the team ( better than the dude we have at QB)

The Jamal hate is real. I've even seen NY fans not just one person, from multiple Jet forums call out Curtis Martin the only HOF Jets RB a stat compiler.

I've seen it all before. 

Was here on JN (young 20's) before 2009 and before #24 ever arrived and the very moment the kid held out while wanting to be paid accordingly for his greatness; I instantly witnessed the sharks within the NY media waters immediately turn on our greatest defensive player of All-Time I couldn't believe it and as a die hard Revis supporter I had to watch it ugly and real fast too - and this was while Revis were still in his golden prime years too. It was even worse than this current Jamal Adams hate (our best overall player and the greatest Jets Safety of All-Time) and that's because as I've mentioned before, certain types of fans hate to see great Jets become paid accordingly (regardless of position).

It's always confused me (still to this day) and I've never quite understood heck I remember the days I created a thread about D'Brickishaw Ferguson during his rookie season (2006) and the very moment that DE for Buffalo beat him 2x for sacks I can't remember his name but poor Ferguson because Jet fans were in a frenzy every other post was about his bust status. I was what born in 85 only 21 @ the time and have never forgotten; always take 1st year rookie bust comments with a grain of salt as they mean nothingness too (just a trend and pattern). 

The link I posted from LSU fans was during Jamal's rookie year. The 1st round box safety hate was so real it drove me to an LSU forum so to embarrass those guys lol you can't make this stuff up.

I really liked Brick and enjoyed having him lock down the left side for as long as he did, don't have a bad word to say about him. The same goes for Mangold, both were elite and anchored the line. They managed all that without an over inflated ego.

Both dudes came to work, did their jobs, and didn't run their mouths incessantly.

Your syntax is still all over the place.;-)

• Upvote 1

Your judgement on this situation literally holds no weight. Why you ask? Because you are very emotionally invested in there player judging from your posts. I am okay with people thinking holding onto Adams makes sense for the team. You just like the player to a ridiculous level one in which you have already declared him the best safety to ever play for us. Two seasons into his career. Before you write another Charles Dickens sized response, recall that @nycdan had a totally view from me. But it was objective so at least it made sense. I LOVEEEEE JAMAL AND HE'S THE GREATEST doesn't really inspire confidence that you can view the situation objectively. 

I'm actually having a good time here on JN reminding me of 2008 heading into 2009 all over again and it's funny to me. It's happening again. 

The ones who don't care for my agenda are the ones blaming me of all people for Jamal Adams talk. Nope. Not happening.

I came out of JN retirement during this virus chaos and walked right into this.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing now 2-3 years later (these sharks within the feeding frenzy waters still, have not stopped).

I'm hoping with the help of our LSU friends we can shut them up once and for all. You all will love this game being sponsored by DWC.  

But oh well even if not, there will come a day where Adams #33 is retired a Jet and if he ever does give his friends, family, loved ones and us NYJ fans an NFL Hall of Fame speech we'll get to enjoy and appreciate it; because it'll become us who he's speaking to all while these miserable know it all knuckleheads are scrambling like a mobile quarterback still trying to dig up old up box score numbers for career INT's. As he's being inducted into Canton at that.

We'll enjoy every moment of it as currently doing so as I can post a lot more highlights than they can lowlights and they don't like that.

Cheers to Sam Darmold & Jamal Adams. There is already a Sam Darnold thread created on here by another one of the knuckleheads I created my shortest post ever not even one word 3 letter's "LOL". 

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Special thanks to @T0mShane

So now you must rely on @T0mShane of all posters with Justin Simmons as your go to guy? All right. Cool. 

"Justin Simmons had 94 tackles and four picks. No hot dance moves, though, and no public meltdown at the trade deadline so he's probably not very good".

Good for Justin Simmons? Am I supposed to be impressed or something? Because my Safety is better than yours. 

Justin Simmons (16 games): 93 Tackles (5.8 per game) (65 solo), Coverage Pass Rating of 43.6, 4 INT's (30 interception return yards - as if he's Primetime Neon Deion #21 Sanders or something?), only 2 Tackles for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage (LOS), 0 Fumble Recoveries (however did fumble away one of his 4 INT's (lol), 0 QB Sacks, 0 QB Hits, 0 Forced Fumbles and 0 Defensive TD's. 

(4 Years): 0x All-Rookie team. 0x Pro Bowler. 0x All-Pro First-team honors. 1x Second-team All-Pro (2018). 

Maybe the reason why he wasn't doing a lot of dance move celebrations is because he's not Gronk or Jamal and his box score stat sheet are full of a bunch of zero's (0's) with lackluster performance against the pass (and with so many 0's I thought I was watching an MLB no hitter

I love it when Jamal Anderson dances on the football field as it's usually because of a big play, a defensive TD and/or a tackle for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage (while he enjoys playing the game he lives for). 

JamalAdams (14 games): 75 tackles (5.3 per game) (115 Tackles last year) 61 solo, 13 QB Hits, a whopping 10 Tackles for Loss behind the Line of Scrimmage (LOS), 6.5 Sacks, 2 Fumbles Forced, 1 Fumble Recovery (for 25 Return Yards and a TD return), Coverage Pass Rating of 75.2, 1 INT for 61 yards and a Pick-6 TD return (more TD returns/more return yards after only 1 I-N-T than Simmons 4 INT's combined of 0 TD's/30 int return yards and 1 cough up fumble (lol) and 2 Defensive TD's. 

(3 years): 1x All-Rookie team (2017). 1x Second-team All-Pro (2018). 2x Pro Bowler (2018-2019). 1x All-Pro First-team honors (2019). 

I don't even want to post Jamal Adams 3 year career statistical numbers and put them up against Justin Simmons 4 year career - because it's not even a fair comparison - as Jamal's career numbers will only expose and embarrass Simmons career numbers that much more; however nice try though (an epic JN failure)

With that said and all due respect Lurker89 but you should keep on lurking and take your Justin Simmons fan boy statistics and go shove them right up your (you know what) while you're at it and quickly too; faster than a New York minute (as they don't call me STATS for nothing). 

Better luck next time. 

And if we're talking turnovers from the Safety position? Well then Jamal Adams has got him beat there too. 

In only 3 years Jamal Adams has forced 12 Defensive Turnovers (6 Forced Fumbles, 4 Fumble Recoveries and 2 INT's (Two Defensive TD returns) compared to Justin Simmons who after 4 years only has 11 INT's, 0 Forced Fumbles and 0 Fumble Recoveries (One Defensive TD return). 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Ok...  but another insult was posted ....  if you are not one for one per insult to awesome LSU fan comment  on the thread you lose .... I mean you proposed the game and  rules are rules.

"THE COMMENT-SECTION"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by redfishfan on 9/12/2018 @ 11:15 a.m

"Jamal is the complete package at Safety. He can do it all but he does excel in the box. Go watch the play he made on Lamar Jackson across the field in the bowl game against Louisville".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was referring to this bowl game (below):

Final Score: LSU (29) over Louisville (9) during the Citrus Bowl Game (LSU was only favored by -3.5 and smoked them). 

Throughout 37 career games this was Lamar Jackson's worst overall game, ever; with a QB Rating of only 84.6 vs. a Jamal Adams led LSU Defense. 

Lamar Jackson: 10/27 (37.1%) the lowest completion percentage of his entire college playing career, 153 Passing Yards (6th lowest amount of passing yards throughout 37 career games), 0 Passing TD's (another career low), only 33 rushing yards (5th lowest rushing total of his NCAA career), only 1,3 yards per run after 26 rushing attempts (3rd least amount of yards per rush attempt throughout his career) and 0 rushing TD's and a QB Rating of only 84.6 (4th lowest QB Rating of his NCAA career). 

vs. 

Jamal Adams: 6 Tackles (1 for Loss Behind the Line of Scrimmage) and 1 Pass Defended (along with an ESPN Highlight Play vs. Lamar Jackson). 

This is what an LSU and Jamal Adams led defense looks like (because Jamal Adams was their greatest overall player and the heart and soul of their LSU's Defense that year).

The Lamar Jackson play that he was referring to takes place @ 2:14 (the ball is hiked @ exactly @ 2:14) before Jamal Adams tracks him down from the opposite side of the field for a loss behind the L.O.S (Jamal Adams has better closing speed once on the hunt than Lamar Jackson has pure speed as shown by this play, above). 

"THE COMMENT-SECTION"

GeauxPack81 is batting (.1000%). 

redfishfan is batting (.1000%). 

LSU Alumni is 2-0 (.1000%).