No one is ever good enough for certain types of Jet fans...

36 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Especially safeties who aren’t great in coverage

What are talking about? 

Jamal Adams last year ranked 7th amongst all Safety's (FS/SS like) and had a coverage rating that was higher than most outside CBs. 

And in case you're getting brainwashed Phil, please first understand that Jamal Adams throughout the past two years (two All-Pro honors) he's only allowed 3 passing TD's against.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What are talking about? 

Jamal Adams last year ranked 7th amongst all Safety's (FS/SS like) and had a coverage rating that was higher than most outside CBs. 

And in case you're getting brainwashed Phil, please first understand that Jamal Adams throughout the past two years (two All-Pro honors) he's only allowed 3 passing TD's against.

So you think the 7th ranked safety is worth a $90 million extension and passing up offers of first round picks?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe he should stop calling himself "The Prez" and comparing himself to Brady and Aaron Donald then.  Just a thought.

Maybe you should dig deep and recognize what he was actually saying instead of trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.  You know damn well he wasn't comparing himself to those two in the way you'd like everyone to believe.  As if it changes a thing about him the player.  

You've got one hell of a long list of whines that you think offset the fact, that you never talk about, that hes one hell of a good player.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Doesn't that tell you something about how important safety is?

No, it tells me absolutely nothing about Ss

If I go through the list of S's from Lynch to Reed and the many others in-between who have played on really good teams, won SBs etc would that then say Ss are important to winning?  Or does it not go both ways?  

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Doesn't that tell you something about how important safety is?

Nope. 

But this does (just to name a few)

Ronnie Lott.

Ed Reed.

Sean Taylor. 

Troy Polamalu. 

Jack Tatum. 

Ken Houston. 

Donnie Shell. 

LeRoy Butler.

Rod Woodson. 

Brian Dawkins. 

Rodney Harrison. 

John Lynch. 

Steve Atwater.

Lawyer Milloy. 

Charles Woodson. 

Darren Woodson. 

Darren Sharper. 

Eric Berry. 

Bob Sanders.

Earl Thomas. 

Kam Chancellor. 

Tyrann Mathieu. 

AND SO DOES THIS (below)

124 Pro Bowl appearances. 

104 All-Pro honors. 

30 Super Bowl rings. 

COMBINED!

Although I wanted to thank you.

For exposing yourself to JN Faithful due to your football knowledge (lack thereof) as someone who...

A.) Does not know football.

B.) Does not know enough in order to speak about the game of football (with intelligence, because one line fillers do not count). 

C.) Doesn't understand the history of football (therefor can not speak about it). 

And your clueless quote above says it all (please don't kill the messenger). 

(you do not like Jamal Adams so therefore you disrespect the position he plays along with the All-Time greats who've played it before (I've seen your kind before and it's pretty fun to expose once running into one). 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

So you think the 7th ranked safety is worth a $90 million extension and passing up offers of first round picks?

He's not the 7th rated Safety. You don't make the All-Pro (1st team) as a 7th rated Safety (lol). 

He's actually the best all around #1 Safety within the game today 

He may be 7th in pass coverage (better than over 50+ starting Safety's in football) but he's #1 in QB hits, #1 in QB sacks, #1 in tackles for loss behind the Line of Scrimmage and one of the best run stopping defensive backfield players within all of football.

And those #1 rankings aren't just vs. other Safety's it's against the likes of every defensive backfield player ala outside CB, Nickel and Dime backs, Free Safety's and Strong Safety's alike. 

And stop making up lies.

Where did you get this $90 million horse crap from?

The highest paid Safety right now is @ 4 years $58M.

So please take that false $90M lie and go tell somebody else about it (because I'm not the one for you). 

• Sympathy 1

I guarantee no Jamal Adams critic can argue with this article below (and if you tried to argue with it - you'd lose). 

Examining the NFL's best safeties

USATSI_13827987_168386533_lowres.jpg?w=9

JAMAL ADAMS:

THE GAME’S BEST BLITZING SAFETY

"No defensive coordinator loves blitzing the quarterback more than the New York Jets‘ Gregg Williams, and there is no better safety to utilize to that end than Jamal Adams, the league’s most valuable safety last season in terms of PFF WAR. He embodies all the tools needed to master the position: He is smart, fast and physical in his relentless pursuit of the quarterback, and his 22 total pressures generated gives him a pass-rush win rate of 24.1% this year, which ranks second among safeties.

Jamal Adams' ability to disguise his intent to rush the quarterback works well with the Jets’ front seven. In the play above, Adams will mask his intent by pretending to be locked in man-to-man coverage on the tight end. Then watch his physical bull rush against running back Saqaun Barkley before he takes the ball from quarterback Daniel Jones and races into the end zone for a touchdown. This play is fully emblematic of Adams' complete skill set. His next sack will be his eighth this season and will tie a league record for defensive backs.

Defensive plays made at the line of scrimmage or in the opponent's backfield have a greater impact than non-turnover plays made further downfield. By playing in the other team’s backfield, the Jets' defense is creating negative-yardage plays for the opposing offense and boosting their EPA allowed per play into a top-10 mark in the entire NFL (-0.06).

Adams is No Liability in Coverage, Either

Having a versatile safety is incredibly valuable for NFL defensive schemes and game planning. A blitzing safety with no coverage skills could only be used in and around the line of scrimmage, and his presence there would immediately tip-off the opponent that a blitz, not coverage, is the safety's only option. As a do-it-all safety in the Jets' defense, Jamal Adams has proven to be an asset, and he's no liability when matched up in pass coverage, either. This season, he's allowed a passer rating of just 80.7 on throws into his primary coverage, which is way below the league-wide average for safeties (93.6). Adams’ pass coverage skills make him a complete, every-down safety in a league where teams will be using three such players more often than not.

His knack for pass-rushing combined with his talent to defend both the run and the pass has made him the only defensive back in the NFL who has played at least 200 snaps yet earned a top-10 PFF grade in coverage (86.1, seventh among safeties), against the run (81.6, seventh), as a tackler (89.7, second) and as a pass-rusher (90.4, tied for first)".

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-examining-the-nfls-best-safeties

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ooooohhhhh a new font!  Go through thise names.  How many of those guys wom less than 15 games their first 3 seasons?

Nope. Not happening. 

Don't change your tune/subject (all because you were proven wrong). 

You claimed that the Safety position(s) didn't matter (you were easily proven wrong). 

124 Pro Bowl appearances. 

104 All-Pro honors. 

30 Super Bowl. 

Completely says and states otherwise.

But yet you couldn't even think of anything else better to say (after being embarrassed) other than to point to a young players record after only 46 games? Absolutely disgusting. 

Some of the All-Time NFL Greats had career losing records after only "46 games". 

Lawrence Taylor after 46 games: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

Joe Montana after 46 games: 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Bill Belichick after 46 games coached: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

LeBron James after 46 games: 17-29 (12 games below .500). 

Bruce Smith after 46 games: 13-33 (20 games below .500). 

Deion Sanders after 46 games: 18-28 (10 games below .500). 

Ray Lewis after 46 games: 15-31 (16 games below .500). 

Reggie White after 46 games 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Troy Aikman after 46 games 21-25 (4 games below .500). 

Brian Dawkins after 46 games 16-30 (14 games below .500). 

John Lynch after 46 games: 16-30 (14 games above .500)

Calvin Johnson after 46 games: 8-38 (30 games below .500). 

Some of the All-Time greatest players to ever play the game had career losing records after only "46 games" lol

So, what you're really telling us all here on JN, is that there is hope for Jamal/Jets beyond only just 3 years, right? Isn't that what you're telling us? That's great to know. 

Thank you for proving my Jamal Adams point.

Fun game to play. We should play that game more often.

"Name that career loser after only 46 whopping games; in order to see how many All-Time great Legendary Legends later pop up". 

And can you guess just how many Championships combined after a whopping 3 years (and/or 34 years) for those 12 guys mentioned above? ZIP, ZERO (0).

And that's because it's extremely difficult to build a winning team around a young Franchise player within only 3 years time; genius. 

You know what's sad but makes me laugh @ fans like you?

Is that you're nothing more than the typical know it all critic (I've seen your kind before) who would've became the very first miserable little fan attempting to run the likes of (soon to be All-Time greats) Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana, Bill Belichick, King James, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Troy Aikman, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch and Calvin Johnson out of NYG, San Fran, Cleveland, Cavs, Buffalo, ATL, Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Detroit faster than an NY minute; while also mocking the diehard faithful who supported their great young talents from start to finish...

whichis absolutely disgusting (on your behalf, not mine, but yours).

PS: Any time (moving forward) that you feel it's acceptable to talk about the "career losing record of Jamal Adams after 46 games" as a way of taking away from his greatness - I will simply copy and paste before I mush the likes of Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana, Bill Belichick, King James, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Troy Aikman, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch and Calvin Johnson right into your face.

We all know you dislike Jamal Adams (blah blah blah blah blah blah blah) but that is not an excuse to disrespect the All-Time greats that's played his position before him and it's also no excuse to disrespect NFL history with your little "first 46 game horse crap" method of talking Football. 

(Hopefully you've learned at least 4 things from me within my post (above)

A.) The impact of the NFL Safety Position(s) and how many Pro Bowlers, All-Pro's, SB Winners and how many HOF legends have played them. 

B.) How many All-Time greats had career losing records after only 46 games (regardless of which sport).

C.) Don't be "that guy". You know. The guy to run out greatness before allowing greatness to ever happen also young developing and extremely talented kids with All-Rookie team, 2 Pro Bowl(s) and 2 All-Pro(s) already under their belt, on everyone's top 20-30 list (of 100) and one who just led an awesome defense last year @ only 24 years of age). 

D.) To not bother and mess with the intelligent fans who love their great young talents and enjoy supporting their all around greatness @ such a young age). 

E.) Put your pride aside as a man and just admit when you're wrong. 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, it tells me absolutely nothing about Ss

If I go through the list of S's from Lynch to Reed and the many others in-between who have played on really good teams, won SBs etc would that then say Ss are important to winning?  Or does it not go both ways?  

Lol exactly. Don't worry. I just tore his ass a new one.

I believe it's safe to say he won't be able to use Jamal's little "46 game" record against him anymore (or I'll continue to post All-Time greats with career losing records after "46 games" until he gets blue in the face and comes up with another genius idea on how to degrade Jamal Adams... And then I'll tear him another one lol. 

In all seriousness, I can not believe how he wasn't aware and how had no knowledge (whatsoever) of all the ALL-TIME GREATS that had "career losing records" after only "46 games".

Because self conscious sports fans would've never embarrassed themselves as he just embarrassed himself...

I may not be right all the time as a sports fan (none of us are) but at least as a man I have too much pride to post one line fillers of absolutely nothingness.

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Lol exactly. Don't worry. I just tore his ass a new one.

I believe it's safe to say he won't be able to use Jamal's little "46 game" record against him anymore (or I'll continue to post All-Time greats with career losing records after "46 games" until he gets blue in the face and comes up with another genius idea on how to degrade Jamal Adams... And then I'll tear him another one lol. 

In all seriousness, I can not believe how he wasn't aware and how had no knowledge (whatsoever) of all the ALL-TIME GREATS that had "career losing records" after only "46 games".

Because self conscious sports fans would've never embarrassed themselves as he just embarrassed himself...

I may not be right all the time as a sports fan (none of us are) but at least as a man I have too much pride to post one line fillers of absolutely nothingness.

Who plays safety for the Dolphins?

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ooooohhhhh a new font!  Go through thise names.  How many of those guys wom less than 15 games their first 3 seasons?

"SS is not an impact position"

A FEW MOMENTS LATER (HD) - YouTube

"LOL if Jamal is so great why'd Jets lose so many games?"

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. Not happening. 

Don't change your tune/subject (all because you were proven wrong). 

You claimed that the Safety position(s) didn't matter (you were easily proven wrong). 

124 Pro Bowl appearances. 

104 All-Pro honors. 

30 Super Bowl. 

Completely says and states otherwise.

But yet you couldn't even think of anything else better to say (after being embarrassed) other than to point to a young players record after only 46 games? Absolutely disgusting. 

Some of the All-Time NFL Greats had career losing records after only "46 games". 

Lawrence Taylor after 46 games: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

Joe Montana after 46 games: 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Bill Belichick after 46 games coached: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

LeBron James after 46 games: 17-29 (12 games below .500). 

Bruce Smith after 46 games: 13-33 (20 games below .500). 

Deion Sanders after 46 games: 18-28 (10 games below .500). 

Ray Lewis after 46 games: 15-31 (16 games below .500). 

Reggie White after 46 games 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Troy Aikman after 46 games 21-25 (4 games below .500). 

Brian Dawkins after 46 games 16-30 (14 games below .500). 

John Lynch after 46 games: 16-30 (14 games above .500)

Calvin Johnson after 46 games: 8-38 (30 games below .500). 

Some of the All-Time greatest players to ever play the game had career losing records after only "46 games" lol

So, what you're really telling us all here on JN, is that there is hope for Jamal/Jets beyond only just 3 years, right? Isn't that what you're telling us? That's great to know. 

Thank you for proving my Jamal Adams point.

Fun game to play. We should play that game more often.

"Name that career loser after only 46 whopping games; in order to see how many All-Time great Legendary Legends later pop up". 

And can you guess just how many Championships combined after a whopping 3 years (and/or 34 years) for those 12 guys mentioned above? ZIP, ZERO (0).

And that's because it's extremely difficult to build a winning team around a young Franchise player within only 3 years time; genius. 

You know what's sad but makes me laugh @ fans like you?

Is that you're nothing more than the typical know it all critic (I've seen your kind before) who would've became the very first miserable little fan attempting to run the likes of (soon to be All-Time greats) Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana, Bill Belichick, King James, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Troy Aikman, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch and Calvin Johnson out of NYG, San Fran, Cleveland, Cavs, Buffalo, ATL, Baltimore, Philly, Dallas, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Detroit faster than an NY minute; while also mocking the diehard faithful who supported their great young talents from start to finish...

whichis absolutely disgusting (on your behalf, not mine, but yours).

PS: Any time (moving forward) that you feel it's acceptable to talk about the "career losing record of Jamal Adams after 46 games" as a way of taking away from his greatness - I will simply copy and paste before I mush the likes of Lawrence Taylor, Joe Montana, Bill Belichick, King James, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Troy Aikman, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch and Calvin Johnson right into your face.

We all know you dislike Jamal Adams (blah blah blah blah blah blah blah) but that is not an excuse to disrespect the All-Time greats that's played his position before him and it's also no excuse to disrespect NFL history with your little "first 46 game horse crap" method of talking Football. 

(Hopefully you've learned at least 4 things from me within my post (above)

A.) The impact of the NFL Safety Position(s) and how many Pro Bowlers, All-Pro's, SB Winners and how many HOF legends have played them. 

B.) How many All-Time greats had career losing records after only 46 games (regardless of which sport).

C.) Don't be "that guy". You know. The guy to run out greatness before allowing greatness to ever happen also young developing and extremely talented kids with All-Rookie team, 2 Pro Bowl(s) and 2 All-Pro(s) already under their belt, on everyone's top 20-30 list (of 100) and one who just led an awesome defense last year @ only 24 years of age). 

D.) To not bother and mess with the intelligent fans who love their great young talents and enjoy supporting their all around greatness @ such a young age). 

E.) Put your pride aside as a man and just admit when you're wrong. 

John Lynch would be flipping burgers if he came into today's NFL. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

John Lynch would be flipping burgers if he came into today's NFL. 

You're nuts. 

He played from 1993-2007 (not the 1950's). 

I actually live in Saint Petersburg (Tampa Bay area) and not only is John Lynch one of their fan favorites but he is one of the top 5 greatest Buccaneers outside of Derrick Brooks, Lee Roy Selmon and Warren Sapp of All-Time (with Ronde Barber right behind). 

9x Pro Bowler. 4x All-Pro. 1x SB Champion. 

The man was an absolute animal and one of the greatest SS's of All-Time. 

Flipping burgers? Warren Sapp will agree to disagree with you (as do I). 

Listen and pay close attention to Warren Sapp's knowledge and insight regarding Lynch; and you'll learn something...

23 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You're nuts. 

He played from 1993-2007 (not the 1950's). 

I actually live in Saint Petersburg (Tampa Bay area) and not only is John Lynch one of their fan favorites but he is one of the top 5 greatest Buccaneers outside of Derrick Brooks, Lee Roy Selmon and Warren Sapp of All-Time (with Ronde Barber right behind). 

9x Pro Bowler. 4x All-Pro. 1x SB Champion. 

The man was an absolute animal and one of the greatest SS's of All-Time. 

Flipping burgers? Warren Sapp will agree to disagree with you (as do I). 

Listen and pay close attention to Warren Sapp's knowledge and insight regarding Lynch; and you'll learn something...

Yeah, there’s been no significant rule changes since the 90’s so I guess you’re right.

And they’re some of the worst highlights I’ve ever seen. Three flags and ejection in there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

"SS is not an impact position"

A FEW MOMENTS LATER (HD) - YouTube

"LOL if Jamal is so great why'd Jets lose so many games?"

Either he impacts the W-L column and is overrated OR he does not impact the W-L column, in which case he's not worth a massive extension no matter how good of a SS he is.  

He'll never be higher than the 3rd or 4th most important player on the defense.  The players who rush the passer and play CB will always matter more, for better or worse.  Thus, you do not pay Jamal Adams $15M per, let alone $18-20M per.  

11 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Nope. 

But this does (just to name a few)

Ronnie Lott.

Ed Reed.

Sean Taylor. 

Troy Polamalu. 

Jack Tatum. 

Ken Houston. 

Donnie Shell. 

LeRoy Butler.

Rod Woodson. 

Brian Dawkins. 

Rodney Harrison. 

John Lynch. 

Steve Atwater.

Lawyer Milloy. 

Charles Woodson. 

Darren Woodson. 

Darren Sharper. 

Eric Berry. 

Bob Sanders.

Earl Thomas. 

Kam Chancellor. 

Tyrann Mathieu. 

AND SO DOES THIS (below)

124 Pro Bowl appearances. 

104 All-Pro honors. 

30 Super Bowl rings. 

COMBINED!

Although I wanted to thank you.

For exposing yourself to JN Faithful due to your football knowledge (lack thereof) as someone who...

A.) Does not know football.

B.) Does not know enough in order to speak about the game of football (with intelligence, because one line fillers do not count). 

C.) Doesn't understand the history of football (therefor can not speak about it). 

And your clueless quote above says it all (please don't kill the messenger). 

(you do not like Jamal Adams so therefore you disrespect the position he plays along with the All-Time greats who've played it before (I've seen your kind before and it's pretty fun to expose once running into one). 

I don’t think think you’ve been making much sense in this thread, but if your plan going forward is to distract us with penmanship, well then I say fair play young man.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Part two is proving part one, which is to say, trade him/don't pay him.

Yea. Right. Genius idea. 

Lets trade away the greatest and #1 current Jet and all because he was drafted into our crap Franchise (that has not won a SB since dating back to the 1968-1969 season). 

So yea, right, lets trade away an All-Rookie, 2x Pro Bowler and a 2x All-Pro all because of a losing record after a whopping 46 games...

Lawrence Taylor after 46 games: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

Joe Montana after 46 games: 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Bill Belichick after 46 games coached: 19-27 (8 games below .500). 

LeBron James after 46 games: 17-29 (12 games below .500). 

Bruce Smith after 46 games: 13-33 (20 games below .500). 

Deion Sanders after 46 games: 18-28 (10 games below .500). 

Ray Lewis after 46 games: 15-31 (16 games below .500). 

Reggie White after 46 games 20-26 (6 games below .500). 

Troy Aikman after 46 games 21-25 (4 games below .500). 

Brian Dawkins after 46 games 16-30 (14 games below .500). 

John Lynch after 46 games: 16-30 (14 games above .500)

Calvin Johnson after 46 games: 8-38 (30 games below .500). 

And suddenly you realize just how weird you people sound like to me.

I guess Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Calvin Johnson, Lawerence Taylor, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Ray Lewis, Deion Sanders, Brian Dawkins and John Lynch should've all been ran our of town and traded away (after a whopping 46 games played); while refusing to pay them too. 

Well thankfully NFL owners, GM's and head coaches (alike) are smarter than you (TeddEY).

And that's because it takes more than just 3 years to build a true contender around an up and coming young Superstar player (which is why all of the above had losing records after 3 years - Not just "Jamal Adams".

• Post of the Week 1

Listing off a bunch of great Safeties does nothing.  Jamal Adams is not on the level of about 90 % of the all-time greats that are listed.  Not even close.  

A FS/CB hybrid type Safety can absolutely impact the game, and you'll never get an opposing argument from me on that.  Ballhawks are what you look for at Safety.

Jamal Adams is not a ballhawk.  Never has been, never will be.  Compared to the HOF Safeties listed, his athleticism is a joke.  And his hands are made of stone.  

Jamal Adams is a SS/LB hybrid.  Great.  You can find adequate SS/LB hybrid types in the middle rounds of the draft or off the free agency scrap heap and be just fine on defense.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Either he impacts the W-L column and is overrated OR he does not impact the W-L column, in which case he's not worth a massive extension no matter how good of a SS he is.  

He'll never be higher than the 3rd or 4th most important player on the defense.  The players who rush the passer and play CB will always matter more, for better or worse.  Thus, you do not pay Jamal Adams $15M per, let alone $18-20M per.  

The economics of the extension are a totally valid debate to have. Just tickles me that some want to have it both ways by arguing he doesn’t play an impact position but then attributing the Jets’ poor record to him.

DWC gives us a list of HOF when talking abiout JaMOwf Adams..  and says people like "us" are weird...????

Mind Blown GIF

ffs, man, get a grip. you may rub one out a few tmes a day into your #33 sock, thats your own business.

but knock this crap off about comparing this kid to HOFers in a public forum where people dont have the inside of their eyelids tatooed green.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don’t think think you’ve been making much sense in this thread, but if your plan going forward is to distract us with penmanship, well then I say fair play young man.

The only one's who aren't making any sense are the one's claiming that the Safety position(s) aren't impact positions (despite)... 

Ronnie Lott. Ed Reed. Sean Taylor.  Troy Polamalu. Jack Tatum. Ken Houston. Donnie Shell. LeRoy Butler. Rod Woodson. Brian Dawkins. Rodney Harrison. John Lynch. Steve Atwater. Lawyer Milloy. Charles Woodson. Darren Woodson. Darren Sharper. Eric Berry. Bob Sanders. Earl Thomas. Kam Chancellor and Tyrann Mathieu

All say hello; along with their 30 Super Bowl Championships, 104 All-Pro honors and 124 Pro Bowl appearances (combined). 

And the only one's who aren't making sense are the one's demanding to trade Jamal Adams after only "46 games" because of a "career losing record" (despite)...

All say hello after their "first 46 games" with a combined losing record of 202-350 (.365%) and 0 SB Rings (combined). 

I make perfect sense. 

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Listing off a bunch of great Safeties does nothing.  Jamal Adams is not on the level of about 90 % of the all-time greats that are listed.  Not even close.  

Prove it (because i know you can not). 

1.) QB Hits and Sacks on the Quarterback.

Jamal Adams has recorded 12.0 sacks and 23 QB hits (an average to beat of 4.0 sacks and 7.6 QB hits (per year). 

2.) Tackles for loss behind the L.O.S

Jamal Adams has recorded 28 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S (an average to beat of 9.3 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S (per year). 

3.) Averaged at least over 90 Tackles Per Year.

Jamal Adams has recorded 273 career tackles (an average to beat of over 90 tackles (per year).  

4.) Ranked 7th amongst all Safeties last year in coverage. 

Jamal had a pass rating against of 75.2 last year.

I bet you can not list me 10 Safety's ALL-TIME who've averaged at least 90 combined Tackles, 9.3 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S, 4.0 sacks/7.6 QB hits and a passer rating against of 75.2 

I actually know you can't but now is your chance to try and attempt to prove me wrong (i know you can't, because he's a top 1-2 Safety within the game today).

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yea. Right. Genius idea. 

Lets trade away the greatest and #1 current Jet and all because he was drafted into our crap Franchise (that has not won a SB since dating back to the 1968-1969 season). 

So yea, right, lets trade away an All-Rookie, 2x Pro Bowler and a 2x All-Pro all because of a losing record after a whopping 46 games...

I don't have time to do all of them but Joe Montana didn't become a starter till 1981 when he went 13-3. 1982 was a NFL strike year and in 1983-84 he went 10-6 and 14-1 missing 1 game. While I agree other then QB you can have a great player at other positions that play fine so they can't be blamed solely for a bad season.. 

• Upvote 1

Until someone can prove me wrong and post 10 Hall of Fame Safety's All-Time who've ever recorded at least...

90 combined Tackles, 9.3 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S, 4.0 sacks/7.6 QB hits, one of the best run stoppers and also featured a passer rating against of 75.2?

Well then A.) You can no longer say that he's not an impactful player and B.) Can no longer claim he's not a top 1-2 Safety within today's game.

7 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I don't have time to do all of them but Joe Montana didn't become a starter till 1981 when he went 13-3. 1982 was a NFL strike year and in 1983-84 he went 10-6 and 14-1 missing 1 game. While I agree other then QB you can have a great player at other positions that play fine so they can't be blamed solely for a bad season.. 

They were based off of his first 46 games. 

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A FS/CB hybrid type Safety can absolutely impact the game, and you'll never get an opposing argument from me on that.  Ballhawks are what you look for at Safety.

Jamal Adams is not a ballhawk.  Never has been, never will be.  Compared to the HOF Safeties listed, his athleticism is a joke.  And his hands are made of stone.  

Jamal Adams is a SS/LB hybrid.  Great.  You can find adequate SS/LB hybrid types in the middle rounds of the draft or off the free agency scrap heap and be just fine on defense.  

His athleticism hasn’t cost him at the NFL level. He’s a legitimately good player. His problem is his stone hands. If he’d caught some balls that were easy picks he’d probably have 4 Ints which is enough to somewhat change the narrative. 

I think there is more value in trading Jamal Adams than paying Jamal Adams but that has more to do with roster construction than an indictment of the player.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

His athleticism hasn’t cost him at the NFL level. He’s a legitimately good player. His problem is his stone hands. If he’d caught some balls that were easy picks he’d probably have 4 Ints which is enough to somewhat change the narrative. 

I think there is more value in trading Jamal Adams than paying Jamal Adams but that has more to do with roster construction than an indictment of the player.

I'd argue otherwise.  Numerous times he's been a step slow in coverage on throws over the middle.  That has to do with athleticism.  He lacks that burst/acceleration that a lot of DB's have that allow them to beat receivers to the ball.  

That aspect of his game showed up very clearly in his SPARQ scores coming out of school.  I'm sure @T0mShane can oblige with that graphic he's posted numerous times; I'm not sure where he found it.

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Until someone can prove me wrong and post 10 Hall of Fame Safety's All-Time who've ever recorded at least...

90 combined Tackles, 9.3 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S, 4.0 sacks/7.6 QB hits, one of the best run stoppers and also featured a passer rating against of 75.2?

Well then A.) You can no longer say that he's not an impactful player and B.) Can no longer claim he's not a top 1-2 Safety within today's game.

The point is that a roster where Jamal Adams is moved for a pick that results in a WR that records 1,000 yards and 8 TDs and an OT that lets up 1 sack a year is a better roster than one with Jamal Adams. 

The other issue is that the same year we drafted Jamal Adams, Jordan Poyer was a free agent signing for the Bills. In these 3 season Poyer averages 100 tackles, 3.6 ints, 1.6 sacks and a completion percentage against of 68. The disparity in quality at safety is very low so paying Jamal isn’t a great move for a roster that needs talent.

• Upvote 1