HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I just looked back at some of Pac's posts.  99 % sure he has some form of post restriction where he's forced to post in scholarly language only.  SMC is the best, lol.  

you just picked this up now?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just looked back at some of Pac's posts.  99 % sure he has some form of post restriction where he's forced to post in scholarly language only.  SMC is the best, lol.  

baby snake GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

If a 19 person game wanes on day 2 then WHATEVER losers 

i might feel the same in the morning, not after spending an hr reading

I'm leaning towards trusting DPR and voting stark

I just don't see how scum dpr would've hammer JC given JC's threats. it DPR is town then he wouldn't be lying about knowing Stark is scum. I also don't understand why stark isn't voting DPR.

3 hours ago, DPR said:

Stark and Barry come to mind. We’ve heard very little from them today. CTM hasn’t contributed much either. 

2 hours ago, DPR said:

He just rehashed the name blame game, said he hasn't found much by rr'ing Crusher and then the reading is hard. Drops him down a few points imo. 

I eluded to the fact that work was busy for me today at lunch time when I started catching up for the day and doing a reread of D1. I literally just finished hours of caching up.

I didn't rehash the name blame game. I pointed out specific issues with drums play around that and I thought it was actually pretty good. Maybe re-read it if that's what you took from it.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

The objective of scum is to find Manhattan and steal his powers, that's why.  I'm not saying he's really Manhattan just simply, the whole reveal is insanely convenient and basically gave him a free path to end game without something drastic happening. 

How do you know what the objective of scum is?

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

1. JiF is saying Scum needs to find Dr.M and steal his powers. Which is weird, how’s he know that or think it?

2. Stark reveals....JiF questioning the reveal. TBF, I wasn’t completely on board w it either. 
3. but if JiF seemed to understand this the whole time why would he question this reveal as it would make sense if that’s scum’s objective 

^^^ right.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I call bull sh*t, you've voted half of JN this season.

I can confirm - that was his first ever vote on me, and it stung.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I thought scum can steal Dr Manhattan's power, thus potentially handing them the win?  

Why did you think that?

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  But if he's telling the truth that he's a "form" of Dr Manhattan and can transfer his power, then that might just mean there are multiple people who can be transferred that power.  And I suppose he's the one who has that power currently?  No idea.  

Sounds like you do have an idea

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why?  If Dr. Manhattan's powers are the game ends when he's dead, why would you want to steal that power if you're scum?  What if town successfully lynches that person next day phase, or they're shot.  Scum losses.  Scum losses, right now, if we lynch Stark, apparently

^^ how stoned were you when you wrote this? You already said it was the objective of scum to steal his power.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I just don't see how scum dpr would've hammer JC given JC's threats. it DPR is town then he wouldn't be lying about knowing Stark is scum. I also don't understand why stark isn't voting DPR.

Completely agree. I just want to push the shiny red button to set the wheels in motion to see what happens next because I have no clue either. Let’s jump in feet first

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I thought scum can steal Dr Manhattan's power, thus potentially handing them the win?  

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why did you think that?

On 4/24/2020 at 9:33 PM, SMC said:

Of greater peril, the Seventh Kavalry are aided by powerful people and have devised a devious plan of finding Doctor Manhattan, stealing his powers, and destroying the innocent people of Tulsa. If this happens, nothing will stand in their way to total domination.

Add to that what Stark said in his reveal about the game ending if he dies.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sounds like you do have an idea

Not in regards to what I was talking about specifically in that post:  The mechanism by which the game can end or how Dr Manhattan's powers might be transferred.  

Everything I've guessed at has been based on Stark's reveal, SMC's hints at the setup and what I know about the show.  

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

But then you have Arsis confirming at least part of what Stark claimed with the power transfer ability, so I don’t ******* know man.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

He claimed Cal, which the Watchmen HBO Wiki lists as: 

Calvin "Cal" Abar (né Jelani), Angela's husband who turns out to be a form of Jonathan "Jon" Osterman / Doctor Manhattan.

Is that verbatim from the wiki?

Official Vote Count:

Stark (5) - DPR, 80, Hess, Drums, Pac

JIF (2) - AVM, Nyn

80 (1) - Barry

Arsis (1) - Dice

Drums (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - 80

Dice (1) - Arsis

Hess (1) - Smash

With 17 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest

Not knowing the source material is ******* me up right now. I mean, if there’s any character that’s all powerful - it would be Doctor Manhattan who is considered a post-human God being.

DPR’s line about “4 factions” throws me off a bit. It seems clear to me at least that Town is made up of the Feds & TPD. How the scum is broken down is still a question but it seems there was at least two NK attempts, so that’s something to work with.

Trying to view this from all angles. Full tilt mode right now

5 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Yes. Copy pasta

Ok I couldn’t find that. That at least explains where that “form of Doc M” language came from. It’s an odd way of phrasing it that I don’t think SMC would use when assigning the roles. Like Stark googled the character when making his claim. Couple that with DPR’s insistence and I’m more confident here.

Vote Stark

Official Vote Count:

Stark (6) - DPR, 80, Hess, Drums, Pac, Jvill

JIF (2) - AVM, Nyn

80 (1) - Barry

Arsis (1) - Dice

Drums (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - 80

Dice (1) - Arsis

Hess (1) - Smash

22 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Not knowing the source material is ******* me up right now. I mean, if there’s any character that’s all powerful - it would be Doctor Manhattan who is considered a post-human God being.

DPR’s line about “4 factions” throws me off a bit. It seems clear to me at least that Town is made up of the Feds & TPD. How the scum is broken down is still a question but it seems there was at least two NK attempts, so that’s something to work with.

Trying to view this from all angles. Full tilt mode right now

relax your mind.  do not focus on the ramblings of this DPR, but on the claim itself and the probability it exists. 

only then will you find the answer.

Official Vote Count:

Stark (6) - DPR, 80, Hess, Drums, Pac, Jvill

JIF (2) - AVM, Nyn

Arsis (1) - Dice

Drums (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - 80

Dice (1) - Arsis

Hess (1) - Smash