HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

Official Vote Count:

Stark (6) - DPR, 80, Hess, Drums, Pac, Jvill

JIF (2) - AVM, Nyn

Arsis (1) - Dice

Drums (1) - Dandie

Barry (1) - 80

Dice (1) - Arsis

Hess (1) - Smash

With 17 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 9 to arrest

52 minutes ago, A.J. said:

But then you have Arsis confirming at least part of what Stark claimed with the power transfer ability, so I don’t ******* know man.

Yep, and Arsis has been a town read for me. For stark to be lying either Arsis is lying or scum knows about the transfer mechanic somehow. Which is plausible I guess

16 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Torn between explaining this and spoiling the show

I don't think it's worth spoiling the show over this. Multiple people seem to agree that the character Stark claimed would be doc manhatten so it doesn't seem like the character part of the claim is contested. Unless you think there's flavor that undermines or supports the claim. 

I can’t tell if DPR is trying to cutely CC the character, which I doubt given the way he reacted D1 and doubled down on JC after

if he’s got some sort of invest on Stark

or he had a peyote induced vision based on what he thinks he knows about the setup which led him to the conclusion that Stark is lying somehow.

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

relax your mind.  do not focus on the ramblings of this DPR, but on the claim itself and the probability it exists. 

only then will you find the answer.

Right but Arsis vetted 1 part of the role that also sounded implausible. Flavor wise does Doc Manhatten transferring his power make sense? Also, from a mechanic perspective.. to what end? Arsis claims it triggers some event for him. Maybe others do as well? It's clearly some unique mechanic, and the character seems super important so i'm not sure I'm willing to write it off completely.

My issue was the way it went down, day 1 reveal 30 minutes before DL of an all powerful role is cliche ridic scum fake claim.  And again, DPR sitting on the JC bomb is not a scum play so I really can't see him lying. That's what i keep coming back too

Just now, A.J. said:

I can’t tell if DPR is trying to cutely CC the character, which I doubt given the way he reacted D1 and doubled down on JC after

or he had a peyote induced vision based on what he thinks he knows about the setup which led him to the conclusion that Stark is lying somehow.

Drugs are 100 % involved regardless.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yep, and Arsis has been a town read for me. For stark to be lying either Arsis is lying or scum knows about the transfer mechanic somehow. Which is plausible I guess

That last point is my fear.

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

I don't think it's worth spoiling the show over this. Multiple people seem to agree that the character Stark claimed would be doc manhatten so it doesn't seem like the character part of the claim is contested. Unless you think there's flavor that undermines or supports the claim. 

No I have no issue with the character part. The “form of” part of Stark’s reveal I do have an issue with and do think it undermines the claim. It didn’t strike me as an organic or natural way of describing the character, or a way that SMC would describe it being that he’s obviously familiar with the source material. That being the verbatim wiki description doesn’t help.

Just now, A.J. said:

Lol , that's my concern, he's a drunken fool who thinks he pieced something together and is speaking vaguely but definitively to lead the lynch. Problem is he's just as likely to lead us off a cliff. 

I do believe that DPR is town and is convinced stark is lying. Pretty certain of both of those at this point. i just don't know that DPR being convinced is very meaningful. He was convinced Jif was scum last game

@DPR are you saying the mod has informed you in some way shape or form that Stark is lying or is this some insight you divined form the bottom of a bottle of rum. No need for specifics, just yes or no it comes direct from the mod somehow, if you are saying you are getting this from the mod I'll vote on it

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

No I have no issue with the character part. The “form of” part of Stark’s reveal I do have an issue with and do think it undermines the claim. It didn’t strike me as an organic or natural way of describing the character, or a way that SMC would describe it being that he’s obviously familiar with the source material. That being the verbatim wiki description doesn’t help.

This is a slick angle if you’re scum, but I kinda don’t hate it.

He even quoted the “Cal” part like the wiki post ?

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

This is a slick angle if you’re scum, but I kinda don’t hate it.

He even quoted the “Cal” part like the wiki post ?

It does feel a bit like gaming the mod and I don’t think I’d vote it by itself. There’s a lot of smoke there with the DPR’s claims though. Just wish I knew what kind of smoke, and if I can have some.

19 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

@Dicetosser Give us some reads, pls. I actually feel ok with you so far but I'd like you to back it up.

Aj Town because of the claim. Intialally i thought he was going off on tangents which is not town AJ. then came what I thought was a lie or at least a slip. But that claim was too detailed to be fake.

Nyn Town  your being snarky, throwing buffy gifs like their confetti at a wedding and basically not giving a damn and doing your thing. Tones good. Cant say uve really made any cases that stick out in my mind but this game has been so all over the place i can understand that

Had JC as town and thought that bomb hint was true as soon as i saw it   it just felt true.

Scum Arsis. Besides the fact thats hes pissed me off my gut still says vote him and then he probably could have ended AJs train by just saying "I didnt know AJ at DM" or something but didnt. just sat there and played the "i dont gety it" bumpkin. lost track of how many times he has said he hasnt played in 5 years by now. Then hes been all bitchy and snappy at people   other then me  today. Needs to die.

If CTM was lurking during EOD then hang him on principles

Nolders done nothing but he will probably flip town just to spite us.

DPR  i keep going back and forth on. He just seems to be causing chaos everywhere. Im actually thinking 3rd party if anything.

Hess  other then a few digs at me i know hes said stuff but damned if i can recall anything hes said. Would lynch.

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

If the other game I played w him is a barometer, good luck

You just made my point from when I was talking about JN and meta. None of you pure Jners have a clue as to my meta and havent bothered to learn and ive been showing up here for years. 

19 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

dice is actually a not so hard read once you learn how he ticks...

Nyns right.

19 hours ago, JiF said:

He also said he could pass his powers on...if he's town, why would he let the game end if he was killed?  

He cant just sit out there with that claim, sorry.

Im more curious why   if hes telling the truth  scum didnt shoot him. Or AJ or DPR for that matter. Ive heard the "crusher is a hard lynch" but im wondering if it was also that they were scared of running into the doc.

17 hours ago, A.J. said:

Again, why did you assume lie first?

Lie/slip   slips probably a better word really. Cause you know nyn nol and i are in game so a lie like that is liable to get caught.  I was already sus of you, I was sus of Arsis, you say that, Im thinking you knew him  = you two on team together

10 hours ago, DPR said:

Dice, you can come out now. Give us your reads.

sorry I was working. Remember that blowup was daytime for me i was about to start work

10 hours ago, DPR said:

It will be funny if Dandie and Dice are scum together 

impossible. im Town

5 hours ago, CTM said:

Lol , that's my concern, he's a drunken fool who thinks he pieced something together and is speaking vaguely but definitively to lead the lynch. Problem is he's just as likely to lead us off a cliff. 

I do believe that DPR is town and is convinced stark is lying. Pretty certain of both of those at this point. i just don't know that DPR being convinced is very meaningful. He was convinced Jif was scum last game

@DPR are you saying the mod has informed you in some way shape or form that Stark is lying or is this some insight you divined form the bottom of a bottle of rum. No need for specifics, just yes or no it comes direct from the mod somehow, if you are saying you are getting this from the mod I'll vote on it

7 hours ago, DPR said:

I know this for certain - not because I "suspect" it. 

What I know for certain - Stark is not Dr. Manhattan

What I speculated on - My top 3 for scum (after Stark) and the setup, Again, I waited to say anything so that the town could see how everybody acted before they knew Stark was caught. All players did post and Made a point to try and engage everyone and encouraged them to give reads so that we'd have that info as well. 

I'm doing my best to not outright reveal because there is value to the town if I don't. However, if everyone decides that it's necessary, that's fine as well.  

4 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

I did a 20+ page catch up before posting and then i posted because the mqs were starting to pile up

Well, I guess that's at least something

1 hour ago, DPR said:

What I know for certain - Stark is not Dr. Manhattan

What I speculated on - My top 3 for scum (after Stark) and the setup, Again, I waited to say anything so that the town could see how everybody acted before they knew Stark was caught. All players did post and Made a point to try and engage everyone and encouraged them to give reads so that we'd have that info as well. 

I'm doing my best to not outright reveal because there is value to the town if I don't. However, if everyone decides that it's necessary, that's fine as well.  

Ok

Vote Stark

10 hours ago, CTM said:

What a douche. "The reveal spoils the show a bit" let me spoil it completely now

Up to page 65 on reread:

80s posts around stark ping, supporting it but voting him and undermining and questioning it at same time. Feels manufactured, like he wants to see the lynch through but wants to portray himself as conflicted. Jifs comes off more natural 

Drums making good points on nolder, agree completely, feel better about drums and worse about nolder 

Hess isnt making sense, saying nyn and drums pinged yesterday but today no, when questioned why he didnt really have an answer atleast not one he was confident in.  After actually catching him last game  I'm not going to turn a blind eye  and write it off as hess being hess no mo

Arsis seems townish in his votes and approach 

he had me in his top three and then suddenly not. Honestly I'm used to him being a spaz but it feels like it's in over drive this game. It's making it literally impossible to keep up with his reads. And it's starting to feel like it's purposeful. 

So - during the day I try to keep up with reading new posts, and I will engage if it's something I can quickly respond to. I don't have time to do any sort of digging - can do a little at lunch time. I'm working from home - and have 37 young kids who aren't in school that need attention. If work gets a little crazy my participation goes way down. I do what I can in the thread until later.

If @DPR or anyone else has an issue w/that they can EAD.