HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

4 minutes ago, DPR said:

Not sure I've seen anyone on a scum team as "expendable"? And I sure as sh*t have never seen a scum team try to pull of a D1 fake without everybody being on board with it - this is just a weird post. 

We've seen a dead Watcher, backup Cop, and whatever the f**k you are already.  Think maybe Scum is loaded?  I do.  A Scum Goon, especially one that had gotten run up to L-2 yesterday and forced to reveal, would of course be more likely to go for the "ballsy" claim there and be considered expendable.

You ever played Mafia before?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DPR said:

They figured it out well enough to lynch Stark with a quickness, so there's that. 

Questioning his reveal during the same day he made it is scummy - Dr. Manhattan is an obvious power role and fishing for CC's doesn't help the town at all. Were you fishing? Were you just JiFing? Who the **** knows.

I've shared my thoughts on Dandie. 

Stop crying and just start playing

Not sure I've seen anyone on a scum team as "expendable"? And I sure as sh*t have never seen a scum team try to pull of a D1 fake without everybody being on board with it - this is just a weird post. 

Questioning a fake reveal is scummy? 

Start playing?  

cool cool

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We've seen a dead Watcher, backup Cop, and whatever the f**k you are already.  Think maybe Scum is loaded?  I do.  A Scum Goon, especially one that had gotten run up to L-2 yesterday and forced to reveal, would of course be more likely to go for the "ballsy" claim there and be considered expendable.

DPR pretending he’s any more confirmed townie than the rest of us now.....LOLOLOLOL

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

can you answer my question?

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

DPR pretending he’s any more confirmed townie than the rest of us now.....LOLOLOLOL

He's operating like D1 didn't even happen.  That he and only he contributed to Stark being caught.  

CTM is doing that too.  He's climbing the list.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol - start playing bro

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's operating like D1 didn't even happen.  That he and only he contributed to Stark being caught.  

Is that what I'm doing? Really? lol

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't typically engage in discourse with nimwits but I concur.  This pompous ass is acting as if his unnecessary, unintelligible, and unwarranted assistance was somehow key in discovering Starks nefarious intentions.

Then he has the audacity to question the likes of me who had solved this riddle days ago.  I don't mind carrying us to victory but I would like to be shown a modicum of respect.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

How did you come up with that?

I put my reads out. take 'em however you will. Wish everyone else would do the same. 

What would be the point of making that vote?
quoted the wrong post. Sorry Crush.

I don’t know hence why it was weird and means AVM deserves a closer look.

He’s been hiding in plain sight most of the game so he needs to be pushed. This vote was simply the first thing he’s done all game that I can recall that stands out.

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - the entire game including a PHD student couldnt figure out what the **** you were doing last night.  I had to go to bed, wake up, drink coffee and pretend like you werent in the game to figure this sh*t out.....but I'm the distraction.  And again, this is coming from the guy who yelled at me for questioning Stark's reveal.  Literally scolded me. 

Oh and you know what's also ironic about this?  Dandie scolded me for questioning the reveal as well and that's who he wants to vote tomorrow.

Sometimes life is truly stranger than fiction...

sigh

Problem is, with such an amazing mafia player like you, I'd assume you could sort through it, especially if you had Stark as scum already and as of yesterday you knew his reveal for sure (since you said you may have left before his reveal on D1, I read back and that checks out). It was confusing at first but I think DPR eventually made it pretty obvious he had some inside info, at least that's how I felt with his answer to my question. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You’ve focused entirely on the reactions to your claim. Nothing more or less.

Actually, I focused entirely on everyone's behavior before I made my claim... I've really only been serving hot takes since after my claim, lol

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, DPR said:

Actually, I focused entirely on everyone's behavior before I made my claim... I've really only been serving hot takes since after my claim, lol

Sir, I must insist you stop this embarrassing folly you've immersed yourself in where you are trying to convince people you were the impetus behind this lynch.

Don't you have a baby bottle of Brandy nearby that you can nibble on?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t know hence why it was weird and means AVM deserves a closer look.

He’s been hiding in plain sight most of the game so he needs to be pushed. This vote was simply the first thing he’s done all game that I can recall that stands out.

That's fine but I don't see what motivation he would have to cast that vote. He would have been better off not posting at all. It's just an odd move.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm saying I caught stark? Wtf are you talking about

10 minutes ago, Drums said:

Problem is, with such an amazing mafia player like you, I'd assume you could sort through it, especially if you had Stark as scum already and as of yesterday you knew his reveal for sure (since you said you may have left before his reveal on D1, I read back and that checks out). It was confusing at first but I think DPR eventually made it pretty obvious he had some inside info, at least that's how I felt with his answer to my question. 

I do not think DPR made that obvious at all. 

I'm an amazing mafia player for my ability to stop and consider all angles.  If you've looked at my play in and around Stark and see that I was by far the most vocal/aggressive player challenging his reveal, what's the issue?

Obviously I am to thank for this.

Without baiting myself to be run up and let scum expose themselves by joining to only then make my fantastic claim that shook everyone off my wagon, Stark is never run up in turn and forced to out himself with that clearly fake claim that I never for a second believed was true.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

its like the sports team videos where a team only lets the "water boy" on the court to score a bucket to fulfill his, up to this point, life's dream..... 

starring... Pac, 80, JiF, and whoever else LOL 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

No you’re ignoring that D1 even happened.

then do the work and show the relevant stuff from D1 analysis or the train on Stark before he revealed. You seem to think there's plenty of useful info there too, then do the work.

I'm not that bothered by DPR's analysis because he essentially did a reaction test. He set on some info only he knew and observed reactions. Then he shared his conclusions. 

I understand what you're trying to say, ie that earlier information should be factored in. But at the same time I don't feel like you're willing to get up, go through it and offer observations of your own. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DPR said:

Y'all are gonna be disappointed, but I gotta step away for a bit. Please feel free to continue trashing me up! 

"Stepping away for a bit" is code for going to your outhouse for an hour with a beaker full of moonshine.  That appears to be where you do most of your strategizing.

I suggest you ponder a way for your next attempt at taking credit for my work not be so transparent.

GOOD DAY!

then do the work and show the relevant stuff from D1 analysis or the train on Stark before he revealed. You seem to think there's plenty of useful info there too, then do the work.

I'm not that bothered by DPR's analysis because he essentially did a reaction test. He set on some info only he knew and observed reactions. Then he shared his conclusions. 

I understand what you're trying to say, ie that earlier information should be factored in. But at the same time I don't feel like you're willing to get up, go through it and offer observations of your own. 

I did a full re-read yesterday but I’ll do so again. Unfortunately my internet just went down so I’m on my phone. On hold with f**kin Spectrum atm. Once it’s back up I will be doing another re-read.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I did a full re-read yesterday but I’ll do so again. Unfortunately my internet just went down so I’m on my phone. On hold with f**kin Spectrum atm. Once it’s back up I will be doing another re-read.

He said spectrum! Lolol

Something to think about is where Stark got the idea to add the detail in his claim about passing on the power and what that means regarding Arsis's claim which essentially vetted it.

Lucky guess based on source material?

Did the scum team know beforehand that it was a mechanic?

There's a third option here, but I'm not to that point yet. Seems like a stretch to think Arsis would tie himself to Stark on D1 as a goon who almost got lynched, but probably shouldn't rule it out completely.

Just now, A.J. said:

Something to think about is where Stark got the idea to add the detail in his claim about passing on the power and what that means regarding Arsis's claim which essentially vetted it.

Lucky guess based on source material?

Did the scum team know beforehand that it was a mechanic?

There's a third option here, but I'm not to that point yet. Seems like a stretch to think Arsis would tie himself to Stark on D1 as a goon who almost got lynched, but probably shouldn't rule it out completely.

Yeah, all I can say is that I know the transfer mechanism is a thing.

I didn't think that the scum team would be aware of it? Which was a stupid assumption on my part.

On 4/29/2020 at 7:15 PM, Pac said:

This isn't the movie it's based on the show...  I'm 5 episodes in and have yet to see this referenced.  I'll reserve judgement but it could be clever googling gone ary as the movie was looked at instead of the show.. 

Why would SMC risk putting a game together that can be ended on day 1..  this sounds HIGHLY suspect.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, JiF said:

This.  There are clearly multiple factions/multiple shots/a bomb but game would have ended if JC picked Stark today?  Nah.  He's lying.  

On 4/30/2020 at 12:27 AM, CTM said:

Made the same point, was told it fits with content by DPR I think 

Hard to buy, not lynching him at DL was right call but it should be discussed. 

On 4/30/2020 at 6:45 AM, JiF said:

Yeah, he wasnt the lynch yesterday but now I want to lynch him.  If we're wrong?  So what.  It's stupid mechanic and SMC can just run it back and fix that part of the set up. lol

On 4/30/2020 at 7:11 AM, JiF said:

Vote Stark

lets call his bluff

On 4/30/2020 at 8:18 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

My guess is if he's telling the truth, there's a mechanic that makes a lynch fail or something.  Similar to when @HessStation was Jaws in DPR's game.  He had to eat a bomb in order to die.  I think Jaws was a 3rd party role too.

I'll wait to hear more from Stark but definitely willing to go there and test his claim today.  

On 4/30/2020 at 8:26 AM, JiF said:

What's the worst that can happen?  The game ends, saving us all time and energy frustrating SMC for putting the work together but making a silly mechanic and then we run it back but fixed this time.  Almost like a trial run.

Lets do this sh*t like G.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:43 AM, HessStation said:

Vote Stark

On 4/30/2020 at 9:08 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

OK, I'm down.  But I do hope we get a lot of people talking about this.  We need to make the most of today.  If Stark is lying scum he made that fake claim with a purpose in mind.  Based on what we know about the show/movie and what SMC said in the opening scene, Doctor Manhattan is going to play an enormous role in this game.  

Vote Stark

On 4/30/2020 at 9:10 AM, Nynaeve said:

Oh good you reminded me

vote 80

On 4/30/2020 at 9:16 AM, Pac said:

Down to vote Stark because his role sounds absurd.  So there are either 2 factions or that 2nd shot was an impulsive vig.

Vote smash

Interesting chain of posts here to start the day.

I have more...

On 4/29/2020 at 3:45 PM, Drums said:

Feel free to investigate me if you can, bitch. We can end this.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, JiF said:

omg why are you still alive? 

On 4/30/2020 at 7:11 AM, JiF said:

Vote Stark

lets call his bluff

On 4/30/2020 at 8:41 AM, Drums said:

You say anyone voting in pairs is a dickwad. In another post you compliment Barry’s idea of two competing trains. 

But oddly enough, with Stark vs. JC at deadline, why do you vote me and leave? I only had AJ on my train. Crusher actually called you out on this, among others, but I didn’t see what you said. 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:49 AM, Drums said:

Wait then why wouldn’t you have just voted him yesterday? Seems fake but ok. 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, JiF said:

Voting in pairs = 2 people voting someone irrelevant.  Same as 1 person voting some irrelevant.  Competing trains is the exact opposite of that nonsense.  Keep up.

I voted you because I think you're scum and wasnt going to be around at deadline and didnt look at the VC to consolidate and at that point.  I thought you had more votes on you than you did but this is a good call out for a scumbot.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, JiF said:

Because it was info and I like info on D1.  

On 4/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, HessStation said:

Weird answer, I thought you weren’t around for his reveal? 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:55 AM, Drums said:

Wait so you voted someone irrelevant at the time (me) and voting trains is the exact opposite. You see what I am getting at here?

Then you admit to skimming AT DEADLINE. To be honest, SMC is killing it as mod and posts VCs pretty often. 

Nyn also called you out for cluttering up the board at DL. 

Then I would expect you to come out and vote me to start D2 but you’re pushing Stark. Ok. 

On 4/30/2020 at 8:56 AM, JiF said:

good point I wasnt, lol

On 4/30/2020 at 8:57 AM, Drums said:

I don’t follow you

On 4/30/2020 at 8:58 AM, JiF said:

dont care

On 4/30/2020 at 8:59 AM, Drums said:

I didn’t  think you would 

So Drums asked me the same question I just answered to start the day when I opened up the day voting Stark.  

What's ironic about this (and I realize I forgot I wasnt around to vote Stark on D1) is that he was basically in the middle of building up a case on me about why burying a vote on him and leaving was gross...but then asks why I didnt vote Stark.  If I wasnt around, how I could.  This goes back to stretching for reasons and now with him repeating something he already knew and we already addressed (I left it alone for now) and now he's repeating.

dude is gross