Darnold and Sanchez - Workout Buddies

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

TAMU7LGRZOZU42I4VQCF56KYTI.jpg&key=0a709

I see a quarterback reading a busted play (correct decision), trying to get back to the line of scrimmage to avoid taking a loss (correct decision), and sliding feet first to avoid injury (correct decision).

I see a single offensive lineman being taken to school by his assignment (bad preparation), being thrust up in the air (bad technique), losing his balance (bad footwork), and on one foot falling back directly into the path of his quarterback.

Mark did everything right.  Brandon got handed his lunch.

SAR I

You're delusional.  Moore was steady in his assignment while Sanchez ran right into his ass.  Moore did not get the push he wanted but the narrative that he was blown up by Wilfork is false and you can tell just by looking at the slow mo replay of the video.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

You're delusional.  Moore was steady in his assignment while Sanchez ran right into his ass.  Moore did not get the push he wanted but the narrative that he was blown up by Wilfork is false and you can tell just by looking at the slow mo replay of the video.  

You’re gullible.  You have been fed a false narrative and it’s clouding your judgement.  

The slo-mo clearly shows Sanchez start his slide and Moore being thrown into him. Brandon Moore is a coward. Let his captain take the blame. He’s not a man.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

You should listen to your own video.  At 0:10 Chris Collingsworth says "I've never seen this before in my life, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback...."

If Brandon Moore does his job, no fumble, no touchdown, no ESPN repeats, no Eyeore teasing at the water cooler.

SAR I

Cris Collinsworth should apologize to Brandon Moore.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, victorjets said:

Cris Collinsworth should apologize to Brandon Moore.

Sanchez: It's embarrassing. You screw up the play, and I'm trying to do the right thing. It's not like I'm trying to force something. I start to slide, and I slide in the worst spot I possibly could -- right into Brandon Moore. That sucked.

McElroy: Mark follows the fullback, and our fullback kind of sold down on the play, and [then-Patriots defensive tackle] Vince Wilfork literally throws our guard Brandon Moore right at Mark, and I mean hard. Mark was kind of jogging, and it was Moore getting thrown back into Mark, which caused him to go backward and the ball to become dislodged. It was like getting punched in the face by a 300-pound glove. People who know the game saluted Wilfork for what he did as much as they condemned Mark. Wilfork was unbelievable, such a beast.

Collinsworth:  I've never seen this before in my life, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback.

Brandon Moore should apologize to Mark Sanchez.  Once he saw the play break down, Mark did all the right things.  Once the ball was snapped, Brandon became the world's most expensive tackling dummy.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sanchez: It's embarrassing. You screw up the play, and I'm trying to do the right thing. It's not like I'm trying to force something. I start to slide, and I slide in the worst spot I possibly could -- right into Brandon Moore. That sucked.

McElroy: Mark follows the fullback, and our fullback kind of sold down on the play, and [then-Patriots defensive tackle] Vince Wilfork literally throws our guard Brandon Moore right at Mark, and I mean hard. Mark was kind of jogging, and it was Moore getting thrown back into Mark, which caused him to go backward and the ball to become dislodged. It was like getting punched in the face by a 300-pound glove. People who know the game saluted Wilfork for what he did as much as they condemned Mark. Wilfork was unbelievable, such a beast.

Collinsworth:  I've never seen this before in my life, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback.

Brandon Moore should apologize to Mark Sanchez.  Once he saw the play break down, Mark did all the right things.  Once the ball was snapped, Brandon became the world's most expensive tackling dummy.

SAR I

McElroy should apologize too.

buttsanchez.thumb.png.b96ab83a29e482c5316f771563de96f1.png

13 minutes ago, victorjets said:

McElroy should apologize too.

Mark is doing fine as a sports host and Brandon is a hermit so don't think any apologies are necessary.

Sanchez will be remembered as a class guy and a consummate leader who took the blame.  Moore will be remembered as the guy who was de-cleated by Vince Wilfork and acted like a coward.

SAR I

7 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Moore is literally in the air and being thrown backward by one of the beastliest Nose Tackles in NFL history.  Its right there in the picture.  You can't really argue it.  An offensive lineman should never leave his feet, let alone be lifted a foot into the air.  

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Moore is literally in the air and being thrown backward by one of the beastliest Nose Tackles in NFL history.  Its right there in the picture.  You can't really argue it.  An offensive lineman should never leave his feet, let alone be lifted a foot into the air.  

Precisely.  And, hey, he was a good player and surely all linemen lose battles in the course of a season.  I just don't like the fact that in such a high profile situation he didn't stand up and take some of the heat off of Mark.  It just wasn't the right thing to do.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Moore is in the air in the photo because Sanchez had just cut his legs from behind... Watch the video I posted above. It's a shame Moore is remembered for this idiotic bonehead play by Sanchez.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, victorjets said:

Moore is in the air in the photo because Sanchez had just cut his legs from behind... Watch the video I posted above. It's a shame Moore is remembered for this idiotic bonehead play by Sanchez.

brandon-moore-butt-fumble.jpg

We watched your video.  So did Chris Collinsworth and millions of others.  Here's a conclusive photo, the leg in question is nowhere near Sanchez legs.  Sanchez is sliding to the right of Moore and Moore is just picked up like a rag doll and shoved across the line and into Sanchez' path.

Moore is in the air before Sanchez collides with him.  Wilfork just destroyed him.  Blew him up and blew him back.  Moore was not prepared and it cost the Jets a touchdown and his quarterback humiliation that Moore still has not accepted responsibility for.  Stop making excuses for him.

SAR I

What is most sad is, if Mark had listen to Pete Carroll and stayed in school for another year or two to gain more experience, the odds are he would have been a long time starter in the NFL.
Yet, in a way it’s also hard to fault him for making the jump, as that was the last year before the rookie salary cap came in to use. He did get paid and thru all the years as a back up, he should be set for life.
Maybe like many high draft choices if given a year or two to sit and learn he might have reached his true potential.
Unlike years ago when new players sat and learned there trade, now too often they are thrown into the fray all to soon. You have to wonder if more time time was allowed for these players would there be much less bust then there are at present.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, fltflo said:

What is most sad is, if Mark had listen to Pete Carroll and stayed in school for another year or two to gain more experience, the odds are he would have been a long time starter in the NFL.
Yet, in a way it’s also hard to fault him for making the jump, as that was the last year before the rookie salary cap came in to use. He did get paid and thru all the years as a back up, he should be set for life.
Maybe like many high draft choices if given a year or two to sit and learn he might have reached his true potential.
Unlike years ago when new players sat and learned there trade, now too often they are thrown into the fray all to soon. You have to wonder if more time time was allowed for these players would there be much less bust then there are at present.

What exactly would have changed had he stayed in school?

Sanchez was drafted into as good a situation as you could possibly find.  He had a great defense and elite offensive line.  Then the GM went and got him receivers.  At that point, when his contract went up and it was time for him as a QB to elevate the play of the other players around him, he couldn't.  

Those were great playoff runs, and it was awesome to be a fan at the time, but those teams simply masked the fact that Sanchez had little pocket presence or field sense whatsoever.  He couldn't get through his progressions and had no understanding situational football.  Thats why hes been a 3rd string QB ever since he left here.  

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, fltflo said:

I'm sorry, that's insane thinking.

How could two more years at college been more of a learning experience for Mark Sanchez than two years in the NFL leading his team to back to back playoff appearances?  And winning four playoff games?  Opening day 2011 he was coming off a 20 game stretch where he went 16-4 in the NFL, not some raw rookie out of USC.

The reality is that Mark came out at the right time and had passed every test thrown at him.  No NFL franchise quarterback prospect was as ready to take the next step as Mark Sanchez 2011.  But the Jets screwed him up.  Not the lack of Pete Carroll, not the lack of USC reps, the New. York. Jets.  

We had the best potential franchise QB signed, on our team, at age 23, and with two years of playoff experience and we....we....we.... focused on the defense.  We flirted with Peyton Manning.  We signed Tim Tebow.  We fired Brian Schottenheimer.  We hired Tony Sparano.  We put Chaz Schillens and Clyde Gates on the field. 

We had it all and we blew it, biggest mistake in team history.  But that doesn't fit with Rex lovers and Mark haters fantasies, so the narrative goes "Mark should have stayed in school".  Please.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/24/2020 at 11:41 PM, CTM said:

Yep. Never passed the buck, always took responsibility and doesnt take himself too seriously. 

To bad he wasnt good

Totally never passed the buck: 

after a loss, with a bunch of passes batted down after his typical tunnel vision telegraphing of his throws:

"We got to find a way to keep the defensive linemen's hands down." (read: it’s the OL’s fault, and by extension so is the loss on them not on me)

then on a terrible throw of his in that loss:

"Oh yeah, he had a chance. I tried to give him a chance at the ball."

but the throw was uncatchable thrown out of bounds. Don’t you think you should have thrown it inside more?

[shrugs & says] "Maybe a hair."

Always took responsibility. Yep.

Darnold should learn stuff like this from him. It’s exactly what’s needed and will surely further endear him to his teammates.

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2020 at 1:42 PM, SAR I said:

Say what you will about Mark on the field, but off the field the guy is all class.  Never said a word about Rex or Tanny or the others throwing him under the bus.  Never pulled a "look-at-me" Jamal or Darrelle hissyfit either.  Took all the blame (too much, in fact) and stood by his teammates.  And in big games?  In the playoffs?  Better than Namath.

Handled USC and NYC and the postsesaon with aplomb.  Can't think of anyone better for Sam to be mentored by on the off-field stuff.

SAR I

Sanchez was very immature when he was with the Jets, but what really killed his career

was going out with the actress Eva Longoria, I garantee he was up all night with her everynight

and definitely the night before the butt fumble, she was the worst thing to ever happen to Sanchez.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:57 PM, SAR I said:

You’re gullible.  You have been fed a false narrative and it’s clouding your judgement.  

The slo-mo clearly shows Sanchez start his slide and Moore being thrown into him. Brandon Moore is a coward. Let his captain take theblame. He’s not a man.  

SAR I

Hard to believe there are still idiots out there spouting this bullsh*t. Chris Collinsworth was wrong the night it happened and he's wrong now. A simple look a the video proves this. Try watching it when you're not drunk next time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Riggins said:

Sanchez was very immature when he was with the Jets, but what really killed his career

was going out with the actress Eva Longoria, I garantee he was up all night with her everynight

and definitely the night before the butt fumble, she was the worst thing to ever happen to Sanchez.

Immature compared to a 35 year old, sure.  Quite mature compared to other 22 year olds.  The kid handled himself brilliantly in 6 playoff games and every postgame press conference question thrown at him.

You think Joey Bosa is a virgin?  You think Patrick Mahomes isn't banging his GF every night?

These Sanchez threads are so predicable, the cliches, the double-standards, you'd think as fans got older they'd get wiser, but no.  

SAR I

28 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Hard to believe there are still idiots out there spouting this bullsh*t. Chris Collinsworth was wrong the night it happened and he's wrong now. A simple look a the video proves this. Try watching it when you're not drunk next time.

brandon-moore-butt-fumble.jpg&key=3f8c60

In the video things happen very quickly and the angles don't show enough detail.  This photograph is the key.  It's the moment of impact.  Moore was getting owned by Wilfork from the snap and his left leg was airborne before Mark started his slide.  The only body part hitting Moore is Mark's head.  Moore had bad technique, bad footwork, he's destroyed, he is up in the air, off balance, thrown backwards into his quarterback.  Mark did everything right.  Moore got abused.  The hole that Mark was sliding towards would have been there if Moore did his job.  The turnover happened because Brandon Moore had a very bad play; the Buttfumble took on an urban legend because Brandon Moore didn't take responsibility and hung is QB out to dry.

Just look at you.  You honestly believe that Mark Sanchez deliberately ran into his lineman's ass, or that Mark tripped Moore.  It's insanity.  Mark ran towards the line of scrimmage, Wilfork saw him coming, and he threw Moore into him like a rag doll.  It's a humiliating play for Brandon Moore.  He deserves the blame, not the QB.

SAR I

On 6/27/2020 at 11:32 AM, fltflo said:

This post has an eerie feel about it.

History has a habit of repeating itself, doesn’t it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Riggins said:

I'd've believed that you were the real John Riggins if you had worked the word "broad," in here somewhere. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

brandon-moore-butt-fumble.jpg&key=3f8c60

In the video things happen very quickly and the angles don't show enough detail.  This photograph is the key.  It's the moment of impact.  Moore was getting owned by Wilfork from the snap and his left leg was airborne before Mark started his slide.  The only body part hitting Moore is Mark's head.  Moore had bad technique, bad footwork, he's destroyed, he is up in the air, off balance, thrown backwards into his quarterback.  Mark did everything right.  Moore got abused.  The hole that Mark was sliding towards would have been there if Moore did his job.  The turnover happened because Brandon Moore had a very bad play; the Buttfumble took on an urban legend because Brandon Moore didn't take responsibility and hung is QB out to dry.

Just look at you.  You honestly believe that Mark Sanchez deliberately ran into his lineman's ass, or that Mark tripped Moore.  It's insanity.  Mark ran towards the line of scrimmage, Wilfork saw him coming, and he threw Moore into him like a rag doll.  It's a humiliating play for Brandon Moore.  He deserves the blame, not the QB.

SAR I

His left leg was knocked forward by Sanchez, who blindly ran into him.  

• Sympathy 1

On 6/24/2020 at 11:25 AM, T0mShane said:

If I was Chris Johnson, I’d give Sanchez a lifetime ambassador gig. He is, in many ways, the perfect Jet

On 6/26/2020 at 10:20 AM, predator_05 said:

I'd be OK with this. We'd have the best looking ambassador in the league.

FTFY...

image.thumb.png.bce7f71b63c1aed1173580aebc159ab7.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The only thing blind here is you.  Sanchez is nowhere near Moore's left leg.  Moore got destroyed by Wilfork and thrown into Sanchez' path.

Just watch the video for cripesakes:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RIfy-gRa4

SAR I

you really do need to go **** yourself, man

an OL engaged with the DL with both feet still on the ground being run into

please dont procreate

image.png.db168eb44f3cae60e7800e54c9279580.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/30/2020 at 9:46 AM, SAR I said:

Immature compared to a 35 year old, sure.  Quite mature compared to other 22 year olds.  The kid handled himself brilliantly in 6 playoff games and every postgame press conference question thrown at him.

You think Joey Bosa is a virgin?  You think Patrick Mahomes isn't banging his GF every night?

These Sanchez threads are so predicable, the cliches, the double-standards, you'd think as fans got older they'd get wiser, but no.  

SAR I

Every thing you mention was pre Eva.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:27 AM, Losmeister said:

you really do need to go **** yourself, man

an OL engaged with the DL with both feet still on the ground being run into

please dont procreate

image.png.db168eb44f3cae60e7800e54c9279580.png

mooresfault.jpg

Thanks for the blurry bad angle.  LOL.  Now close your eyes and pretend this shot doesn't exist, mmm K?

SAR I