Adams says let fans come to games

AFJF

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I am with Jetsfan80.

Not to put too fine a point on it I truly wish bad things for this piece of sh1t Adams.

I've said plenty of times, you dont like him hope he gets traded.  I fine with it as long as the return is fair.  

Dissecting and whining about every tweet, well we all know what that reads like.   I mean, he wants fans to have a choice.   That f&%k wad.  He truly is a a POS

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I've said plenty of times, you dont like him hope he gets traded.  I fine with it as long as the return is fair.  

Dissecting and whining about every tweet, well we all know what that reads like.   I mean, he wants fans to have a choice.   That f&%k wad.  He truly is a a POS

Joe Douglas has the job of getting value for him not me.  I am a fan and so I give or withhold my admiration for any player at my own discretion.  Hopefully if enough people agree with my point of view it will negatively impact his market value which would please me.

We have been bad for a while and Jamal Adams has not made us appreciably any better, or not if you measure by team results anyway. So what is the real downside of me wishing bad things for him?  Hoping his market value is injured or even being indifferent to the idea of Jamal himself getting injured makes me smile and if that makes me a terrible person then so be it.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Joe Douglas has the job of getting value for him not me.  I am a fan and so I give or withhold my admiration for any player at my own discretion.  Hopefully if enough people agree with my point of view it will negatively impact his market value which would please me.

We have been bad for a while and Jamal Adams has not made us appreciably any better, or not if you measure by team results anyway. So what is the real downside of me wishing bad things for him?  Hoping his market value is injured or even being indifferent to the idea of Jamal himself getting injured makes me smile and if that makes me a terrible person then so be it.

Blaming Adams or any one player for how bad the Jets have been is lazy. And wrong.  Would love to hear the proof that he doesn’t make the team better.  Any proof?  What would their record have been without him?  Any facts?  Nah

The rest, wishing injury on a player, makes you classless and no fan I know.  But hey, that’s me and I’ll bet there are a large group of others who agree.  Guy wants a new contract and you wish him injury on him.  But you knew any real fan or normal human being would feel this way

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

Your post contradicts itself in the first paragraph. So you want Douglas to get value for him but you also want his market value to plummet which would hurt Douglas chances of trading him for top value.

I get that you want him to get less money in free agency or on a long term deal but by hurting his market value he also hurts the Jets chances of getting back a good haul of picks/players.

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The team has been bad forever because it drafts players like Jamal Adams over and over again.

If the team drafted players who play like Jamal Adams over and over again we would be a contender.

Guys who play hard on every single play, who are at the top of their position and who are all pro/pro bowl players.

Yeah, those types.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

61 tackles and an interception and a demand for a $17mm+ contract. They passed on two top-tier, MVP-level QB’s, a 2,000 yard back, two different CB1’s and a top-three EDGE to get Adams. This is the root of the Jets problems, historically. 

You can repeat yourself over and over again

I know his numbers and I know what he is, how he plays and how hes viewed 

I repeat, dont like him fine.  Want him traded for assets fine.  Dont dumb down the conversation with he cant play nonsense or the lunacy where anyone was drafting Mahomes at 6 other than maybe KC so lets cry over it today.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You can repeat yourself over and over again

I know his numbers and I know what he is, how he plays and how hes viewed 

I repeat, dont like him fine.  Want him traded for assets fine.  Dont dumb down the conversation with he cant play nonsense.

What he produces is 1. Not worth the draft slot, 2. Not worth his asking price, 3. Not worth the drama. Better? 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What he produces is 1. Not worth the draft slot, 2. Not worth his asking price, 3. Not worth the drama. Better? 

No, it was worth the draft spot until Mahomes happened.  He was a top ranked player in his draft class and has played that way.  Hes not a QB, I get it.  Just as I keep saying if you dont like him, fine.  My issue is when we go off the tracks and try to convince me he cant play, then it gets silly

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Blaming Adams or any one player for how bad the Jets have been is lazy. And wrong.  Would love to hear the proof that he doesn’t make the team better.  Any proof?  What would their record have been without him?  Any facts?  Nah

The rest, wishing injury on a player, makes you classless and no fan I know.  But hey, that’s me and I’ll bet there are a large group of others who agree.  Guy wants a new contract and you wish him injury on him.  But you knew any real fan or normal human being would feel this way

I did not blame him for us being bad I simply pointed out that having him here has not made us very good.  There is a difference.

As I said.  If he were to have an injury or if anything else should occur that impacts his ability to back up the Brinks truck then yes, I would be just fine with that.  Just fine.  He decided to play this game of chicken with the Jets and that course of action has had a predictable effect on the fan base. Me.

If he gets injured? Boo hoo!  If Williams decides to play him in a position where he is more likely to get injured?  Good job Williams!  If he gets injured and is worth less money or even no money at all? Cry me a river.  If he gets a case of the clap then I hope it is the Antibiotic resistant kind.  I am not sure if my position is sufficiently clear here.  You may just have to tease it out.

I am fine with the Jets spending to the cap limit every year.  So the argument to just pay the man his money is a stupid one.  I want the players to get all that they can get.  Just not him.   Obviously some folks are happy to massively overpay for a player who is not even remotely a difference maker.  The only real side effect of such a path is $20M per year less money that is available to be spread over the rest of the roster.  $20M the is very much needed elsewhere.  In no universe am I in favor of the Jets holding onto the money and letting Woody pocket it.   

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Your post contradicts itself in the first paragraph. So you want Douglas to get value for him but you also want his market value to plummet which would hurt Douglas chances of trading him for top value.

I get that you want him to get less money in free agency or on a long term deal but by hurting his market value he also hurts the Jets chances of getting back a good haul of picks/players.

No contradiction at all.  I am not the GM of the Jets.  It is his job to get value for Adams.  Not mine..  I am a fan.  I get to wish bad things on Adams.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, it was worth the draft spot until Mahomes happened.  He was a top ranked player in his draft class and has played that way.  Hes not a QB, I get it.  Just as I keep saying if you dont like him, fine.  My issue is when we go off the tracks and try to convince me he cant play, then it gets silly

Problem with this argument is the Jets OBVIOUSLY needed a QB and passed on both Watson and Mahomes. It was idiotic then and now it is just completely tragic

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, talisaynon said:

Yea his dumbass can go. What he doesn’t understand is we live or die with Darnold not a ******* free safety. Toodles.

If Jamal were a Free Safety capable of playing centerfield and getting turnovers, he'd actually have value.

Ashtyn Davis > Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You are actually suggesting Sam Darnold can end up on a GOAT path right now.  Think about that for a few seconds.

I think he has the ability and capability to adapt to be the best QB in the NFL. You don't. Let's see how it plays out.

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Problem with this argument is the Jets OBVIOUSLY needed a QB and passed on both Watson and Mahomes. It was idiotic then and now it is just completely tragic

And my only point was none of this has anything to do with Adams the player. 

He doesn't become better or worse because of who was drafted.

then it's just they would have been better off with Mahomes