NY Daily News and Manish Metha

Rich

8 hours ago, JTJet said:

I think you need to take a Xanax. 

I was legitimately asking a serious question, if that had ever happened before and what it takes for something like that to happen. 

I'm not marching down the street with a banner that says "Fire Manish or die", but there IS a discernible difference between the type of stuff Manish writes compared to other writers and how he goes about his job, it's called journalistic integrity. This is especially true when you compare him to other teams beat reporters. 

Every time you post about Manish, read one of his stories, or respond to him on Twitter his platform gets bigger. 

12 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The NYT is not far behind.  

They are actually ahead and they are worse because the hide behind their "reputation" and just tell blatant lies to keep their subscriber base from canceling them.  

4 hours ago, JTJet said:

Very convenient leaving out going to 2 AFC Championship games with that QB, drafting a future hall of fame CB before that, over performing with decimated rosters, getting top values in trades of and for subpar and star players, not wasting money on one of those safeties a previous regime drafted, drafting Sam Darnold. 

If you focus only on the negative. All you will see is negative... just like Manish. 

Tell me without looking, who was the losing team in the last 5 AFC Championship games. Exactly.  Nobody remembers  because  nobody cares. That future HOF CB also totally  ? the bed here and held out twice and threatened to hold out again at year after he signed his second contract forcing management  to trade him. You have to be more specific with your roster comment because for the last decade the roster has been a joke.

What trades other than Leo and Adams who were both done by JD have the Jets  gotten top value? Seriously, I can't  think of even one outside of Keyshawn. Oh, IMO paying Adams was not wasting money. The guy is a 2 time Pro Bowler and first team All Pro. I'll give you Sam. But that is about it.

• Thumb Down 2

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Tell me without looking, who was the losing team in the last 5 AFC Championship games. Exactly.  Nobody remembers  because  nobody cares. That future HOF CB also totally  ? the bed here and held out twice and threatened to hold out again at year after he signed his second contract forcing management  to trade him. You have to be more specific with your roster comment because for the last decade the roster has been a joke.

What trades other than Leo and Adams who were both done by JD have the Jets  gotten top value? Seriously, I can't  think of even one outside of Keyshawn. Oh, IMO paying Adams was not wasting money. The guy is a 2 time Pro Bowler and first team All Pro. I'll give you Sam. But that is about it.

You are doing exactly what Manish does and further proving my point. Negative will always seek out negative and find only negative. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JTJet said:

You are doing exactly what Manish does and further proving my point. Negative will always seek out negative and find only negative. 

Because since Parcells was our HC, and to some extent Mangini and a short window for Rex, the bad outweighs the good. I think it's  unbelieveable I have to tell someone that the Jets have been a bad football team for most of the last 40 years. 

I want Sam to be a great QB, I wanted them to keep Adams because I want top players on the team, I want Mims to be the next Hopkins, I want Becton to be our Munoz, but a lot of times it doesn't  turn out that way. I want this freaking team to win another SB when I'm not 8 years old.  

On 7/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, FidelioJet said:

Why do you guys care so much about a reporter?

He’s a professional antagonist. It’s his job.

Fidelio, from the Latin fidelis, for faithful or loyal.  Your point of view and opinions like up with Mehta's with no deviation. At all. You use of syntax is similar; smarmy, above it all, smarter than Douglas. You dislike Gase intensely. You avatar is a figure wearing a mask.And of course you deny being Manish Mehta. 

Hmmmm......

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rich said:

They are actually ahead and they are worse because the hide behind their "reputation" and just tell blatant lies to keep their subscriber base from canceling them.  

Indeed. In the main, journalism both print and broadcast has become an extension of political affirmation. The same can be said of Hollywood.  Entertainment is a primary conduit for politics.  There is still pure journalism and dramatic art, but a large portion of it comes with a sociopolitical agenda.  Have you tried listening to ESPN lately ??? QED. 

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

That future HOF CB also totally  ? the bed here and held out twice and threatened to hold out again at year after he signed his second contract forcing management  to trade him.

He held out once.  Not twice.  And never threatened to hold out again.  After he was traded it was assumed he would.  

When did Revis totally shlt the bed here?  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He held out once.  Not twice.  And never threatened to hold out again.  After he was traded it was assumed he would.  

When did Revis totally shlt the bed here?  

Revis said he would hold out a year after he was signed if he didn't  get a huge raise. Either that or his uncle who was advising him did. Either way the Jets did not want to deal with it. I don't  know if they made the right move but at that time we were not winning a SB. I may have been wrong about the second hold out actually happening but the treat was made.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:30 AM, predator_05 said:

Those days are long gone.

Information has become easily accessible, so the media is no longer an intermediary - its just another spectator with an [amplified] opinion. 

Subscriber-based news is the only sustainable business model in the digital media space. 

I'm OK with this development. I can find my own niche - like this forum - or other online jets communities - and completely bypass the NY Post, the NYDN, etc. Opinionated journalists are less important, and lacking in originality; so they are easy to ignore. 

I'm surprised we still have people reading Manish and co. here. He has about as much access as you or me. 

When I was much younger than I am today, I despised Associated Press (AP) news stories about the Jets and Mets. The AP stories were dry and didn't tell me much about the game, just the facts. Beat reporters and Columnists had great insight into the game that as a youngster I didn't know. I knew then that I did not know as much as the beat reporter covering the teams. As I became educated, and about sports in general, I realized that I didn't enjoy reading columns that just stated an opinion with no tangible facts behind it, whether its positive or negative. They never told the truth, just one person's view with an ulterior motive behind it, whether to paint the team in a better light or to sell papers/subscriptions. I long for the days of just AP reporting because right now in my life, I am more educated about baseball and football than the beat reporters covering them.

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Revis said he would hold out a year after he was signed if he didn't  get a huge raise. Either that or his uncle who was advising him did. Either way the Jets did not want to deal with it. I don't  know if they made the right move but at that time we were not winning a SB. I may have been wrong about the second hold out actually happening but the treat was made.

Revis didn’t hold out when he was traded.  People feared he might.  Assumed.  
Big difference   

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Because since Parcells was our HC, and to some extent Mangini and a short window for Rex, the bad outweighs the good. I think it's  unbelieveable I have to tell someone that the Jets have been a bad football team for most of the last 40 years. 

I want Sam to be a great QB, I wanted them to keep Adams because I want top players on the team, I want Mims to be the next Hopkins, I want Becton to be our Munoz, but a lot of times it doesn't  turn out that way. I want this freaking team to win another SB when I'm not 8 years old.  

But what did the Jets do under Parcells? Lost an AFC title game. And nobody remembers who lost the AFC title game because nobody cares.

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

When I was much younger than I am today, I despised Associated Press (AP) news stories about the Jets and Mets. The AP stories were dry and didn't tell me much about the game, just the facts. Beat reporters and Columnists had great insight into the game that as a youngster I didn't know. I knew then that I did not know as much as the beat reporter covering the teams. As I became educated, and about sports in general, I realized that I didn't enjoy reading columns that just stated an opinion with no tangible facts behind it, whether its positive or negative. They never told the truth, just one person's view with an ulterior motive behind it, whether to paint the team in a better light or to sell papers/subscriptions. I long for the days of just AP reporting because right now in my life, I am more educated about baseball and football than the beat reporters covering them.

I know what you mean. Times were different, and we're not even talking that long ago.

I was almost into my 20s before 'social media' became a thing, and we still relied on Sportscenter, cable and news websites for detailed information. Media back then was objective to a fault; because their coverage sought to educate and inform. The producers and content editors would rightly assume imperfect knowledge on part of the audience, so there was less opinion or 'editorializing'. 

Nowadays, people get the highlights of something within seconds of it happening - all i have to do is follow the NFL's twitter account and i'll see every touchdown (or big play) on Sunday. We don't even need NFL redzone anymore.

Sports betting - once banned - is also motivating people to obtain specific information on their own from a variety of websites. 

So where does that leave 'mainstream' media? Opinions. Debate shows - shannon sharpe vs skip bayless. More talk-show interviews or discussions, structured around reminiscing and showing phony 'concern' for active players. 

Podcasts are the only positive development. Since we're online more often, its easier, and even fun - to listen to an hour and a half long conversation (not interview) with a former NFL player...like this one with Bart scott:

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Isn't  that what I juat said. Also, someone brought up Revis held out as a rookie so that would be twice

OK

You said he held out 2 years and would have held out a third year.

I read what you said.  But waiting for your fist contract to be negotiate by your agent isnt holding out.  You cant hold out if you havent signed.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

OK

You said he held out 2 years and would have held out a third year.

I read what you said.  But waiting for your fist contract to be negotiate by your agent isnt holding out.  You cant hold out if you havent signed.  

I don't  agree. When you are drafted, you become part of the team. If you are part of the team and are not in camp, what would you call it?

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

Fidelio, from the Latin fidelis, for faithful or loyal.  Your point of view and opinions like up with Mehta's with no deviation. At all. You use of syntax is similar; smarmy, above it all, smarter than Douglas. You dislike Gase intensely. You avatar is a figure wearing a mask.And of course you deny being Manish Mehta. 

Hmmmm......

interesting. just about q.body agree Manish is a TWAT.

I have thought Fidelio is a TWAT from the jump, a stupid one to boot.

It's  funny to me to think that I think that Manish is a STUPID TWAT w/o even knowing it.

• Haha 1