Training Camp Tweets 8/26 *SCRIMMAGE EDITION

kdels62

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bell, Gore, Perine... plus this OL.. our RB corps better get 50 touches per game.

Bell: 12-15 carries, 5-8 pass targets

Gore: 10-15 carries, 3-5 pass targets

Perine: 8-10 carries, 2-3 pass targets

I mean, scheme to where the talent is... no?

I get what you're saying here, but if a team averages around 65 offensive plays a game (which would probably be high for the Jets), you've got nearly 3/4's of the offensive touches going to the RBs. I think the rest of the league might start to catch on to what they're doing there. 

Jets are also strong at TE and still questionable at WR and on the OL. I think a steady diet of two TEs should be on the menu, and a guy like Herndon should be getting five throws his way every week, if not more. Perriman needs to be featured in the offense just to keep defenses honest. Same with Mims when he finally gets in the lineup. That's getting frustrating. 

I think you'll see the RBs in the 30 touches a game range, depending on how it's going. Perine probably won't be a big contributor on offense early. I could see him leaning on Gore a lot, though, as Gase gets tired of Bell's patient running style, waiting for a hole that never comes. 

• Upvote 4