Training Camp Tweets 8/26 *SCRIMMAGE EDITION

kdels62

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s gonna be a hideous game that ends up 11-6 one way or another

7 turnovers, 3 missed FG's, 2 missed extra points, 37 flags (but only 25 penalties), a dozen replays, broken play clock and a ref injury.  Book it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I disagree.  I think gase loves rotating his rbs, and he’s gonna use all 3 of them from the get go.  And with all these wrs missing reps, you have to believe the first few games are going to be about overusing rb and te screens and rolllouts.  I mean, today’s scrimmage didn’t have perriman, mims or jefff smith.  Where’s the speed?  Of course the offense is going to struggle.  

I’m thinking that the passing game will look like sh*t for the first month and Bell is a Dead Man Walking anyway. May as well milk him on the way out.

• Upvote 1

I won’t post it here because to some racial experience is a political topic but McDougald apparently had some powerful words today. 

Of course Manish, not taking the cue from the other beat writers who declined to report McDougald’s message for fear of not conveying his gravitas, is tweeting out McDougald’s words.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I won’t post it here because to some racial experience is a political topic but McDougald apparently had some powerful words today. 

Of course Manish, not taking the cue from the other beat writers who declined to report McDougald’s message for fear of not conveying his gravitas, is tweeting out McDougald’s words.

Did Manish have to take “NYDN” out of his profile yet? 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m thinking that the passing game will look like sh*t for the first month and Bell is a Dead Man Walking anyway. May as well milk him on the way out.

Again, i think douglas will try and trade bell as soon as the season starts to slip away.  And i don’t think overusing bell as a rb is even the best strategy for the jets.  They’re going to need him more as a wr.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

One thing you can say about it, gase didn’t shape the roster.  And he definitely didn’t pick the wrs on the field today.

he had his votes here and there i'm sure - but I'm referring to finding new and interesting ways to have drama inserted into standard football practice. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Again, i think douglas will try and trade bell as soon as the season starts to slip away.  And i don’t think overusing bell as a rb is even the best strategy for the jets.  They’re going to need him more as a wr.

I don’t think you could give Bell away at this point in his career. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don’t think you could give Bell away at this point in his career. 

As douglas has proven, there’s one born every minute.  Fleeced the giants and Seahawks. There will be a team in contention whose rb goes down, and there will be opportunities to trade bell.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I'm hoping that Clark can move ahead of Harrison at guard.

I'd like to see him move ahead of Van Roten.  The 3rd G will be getting on the field, because the odds are against Lewis lasting two straight seasons with missing games.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

We've got skill position guys dropping like flies around here.  I have no problem with Gase wrapping Bell in a bit of bubble-wrap from time to time.  With no Perriman, no Mims right now the last thing we need is to have Bell become unavailable.  Trying to intimidate the Bills defense with a starting lineup that includes Frank Gore and Chris Hogan ain't going to work.

With Cager hurt, I think Crowder is the one that should be getting wrapped up.  They are pretty heavy at RB.  Particularly with washed up superstars.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Jeff Smith fails to make a play in the same sentence as the "starting" offense goes 3 and out tells you all you need to know. Jeff Smith won't be our starting WR on opening day. He may not even be on the roster. 

Perriman and Mims are close to returning.. I know it's a big deal in some of your lives to have these WRs ready for scrimmages so you don't have to get trolled by Cimini et al, but I think the Jets are more focused on having them healthy for week 1. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ljr said:

anyone know typical recovery time for oblique injury?

I've heard someone get one here or there ... never paid much attention to it though

Like anything else, it depends how serious.  I think they tend to be like abdominal injuries - they can linger forever because it is hard to keep them isolated and you are always twisting your torso and moving them.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, heymangold said:

This is what I was gonna comment.  For everyone saying “it’s only a practice scrimmage” - there are no pretend games this year.  The first game actually counts.  If the team sucks against their backups in camp, what’s it gonna be like against Buffalo week 1?

We can only hope that Buffalo's starters are getting stomped by their back-ups as well.

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'd like to see him move ahead of Van Roten.  The 3rd G will be getting on the field, because the odds are against Lewis lasting two straight seasons with missing games.

With Cager hurt, I think Crowder is the one that should be getting wrapped up.  They are pretty heavy at RB.  Particularly with washed up superstars.

I really think we should bring in Emmett Smith for a look.  It can't hurt, right?

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

The kind of plays that have driven me nuts with Darnold.  In year three, he needs to eliminate stupid throws such as this.   Or, we can add him to the Jet QB scrap heap.

He's always going to be a turnover prone QB.  Always.  Guys don't really fix that over time.  Similar to guys with poor accuracy.  

We just have to hope he puts up about 24 points per game to make up for it.  

• Upvote 4