Freeman a fa >>>>> ballage

kmnj

If u are going to pick up a back freeman is a fa and a million times the player ballage who averaged 1.9  yards per carry  in 2019 freeman can catch - he may be past his prime but in an off year was still a million times better than ballage was and will be 

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

If u are going to pick up a back freeman is a fa and a million times the player ballage who averaged 1.9  yards per carry  in 2019 freeman can catch - he may be past his prime but in an off year was still a million times better than ballage was and will be 

What makes you think Freeman wants to come to the Jets to be the 4th string RB that will get cut if Gore/Perine and Bell stay healthy through camp?  

Second, Freeman isn't coming here to play special teams. Ballage played a ton of special teams in Miami. They both play RB, but they are not the same player. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Freeman?  Id rather re-sign Bilal Powell

• Upvote 1

I like to think that when players are free agents it is either because they are terrible or because the team who spent the most time watching them and working with them deemed that player is not worth near what they are asking. Could also be that they are easily replaceable I guess but none of the scenarios lead to paying top dollar for someone who once was slightly above mediocre.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Why add another RB at all?  Especially a sh*tty one that was going to get cut but instead cost you picks?

At the end of the day this pretty harmless but I'm really starting to question some of JD's decisions.  I know we werent fixing everything in one offseason but this is just another head scratcher heading into the season.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why add another RB at all?  Especially a sh*tty one that was going to get cut but instead cost you picks?

At the end of the day this pretty harmless but I'm really starting to question some of JD's decisions.  I know we werent fixing everything in one offseason but this is just another head scratcher heading into the season.

It's one conditional 7th round pick, and we only pay it if he makes the team.

Hardly an excessive gamble.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

At the press conference yesterday, Gase specifically mentioned that Ballage was acquired because he plays special teams and Boyer needs help with the special teams unit. 

Wait the real NFL isn’t like madden? ?

24 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Like I said, it's harmless, its more so the approach that is slightly troubling.  Nothing earth shattering not worried by any means but trading any assets for a meaningless player at a position you're probably the deepest is just confusing.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I viewed this as adding a special teams player that has familiarity in the offense on an extremely low risk gamble.  A conditional seventh for a guy that can be a good productive special teamer hopefully, and your 4th RB and knows the system.  

Not sure why everyone looks at this and then questions JDs moves. Sometimes youre just looking at your roster and see a chance to upgrade, even if its the 53rd man on the roster.  Is kalen ballage  a better ST player than guierrero or whatever his name is that we cut?  Thats the question we should be asking. 

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I viewed this as adding a special teams player that has familiarity in the offense on an extremely low risk gamble.  A conditional seventh for a guy that can be a good productive special teamer hopefully, and your 4th RB and knows the system.  

Not sure why everyone looks at this and then questions JDs moves. Sometimes youre just looking at your roster and see a chance to upgrade, even if its the 53rd man on the roster.  Is kalen ballage  a better ST player than guierrero or whatever his name is that we cut?  Thats the question we should be asking. 

Trading for ST's upgrades?  meh.  All good, like I've said, it's harmless but just looking at Ballage's snap count history, he's never really been a big contributor on ST's.  38% of snaps his rookie season, 26% last year.