OBJ: 3 rec 22 yds on 10 targets

15 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Beckham can't catch sh!t from Baker. 

He needs out of Cleveland. Maybe Joe Douglas could trade for him and at least show he's trying to support Darnold or whoever is the Jets quarterback.

So far I've seen nothing from Douglas that indicates to me that he's interested in top talent like that. He's passed on trades and free agents he could have had.

I think he wants to build a core of players through the draft and via smaller FA signings and when he feels he has something, that's when he'll spend and make trades. It'll be interesting to see if his 1st draft class is good. Becton looked solid today. It would be nice to see Mims and Perrine out there...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

So far I've seen nothing from Douglas that indicates to me that he's interested in top talent like that. He's passed on trades and free agents he could have had.

I think he wants to build a core of players through the draft and via smaller FA signings and when he feels he has something, that's when he'll spend and make trades. It'll be interesting to see if his 1st draft class is good. Becton looked solid today. It would be nice to see Mims and Perrine out there...

Right. I do think that when the time is right and he has more of a core of players he will spend on some top guys. But it does no good to bring a guy like Beckham in here to become a stick in the spokes of that process. He just got rid of Adams. He's not bringing in an OBJ imo. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Beckham can't catch sh!t from Baker. 

He needs out of Cleveland. Maybe Joe Douglas could trade for him and at least show he's trying to support Darnold or whoever is the Jets quarterback.

Oh please. OBJ is not going to help Sam. We don't  need a guy who gets upset with his QB for not throwing to him, gets into fights with kicking nets, and speaks poorly about his QB to the media. 

8 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Is OBJ even "top talent" at this point?   The guy is a head case who seems to consistently under-perform.  He's the kind of guy who BB would only consider signing for 1 year at a minimal salary.   

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is OBJ even "top talent" at this point?   The guy is a head case who seems to consistently under-perform.  He's the kind of guy who BB would only consider signing for 1 year at a minimal salary.   

Sad thing is he would immediately become our best WR on the roster. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. I do think that when the time is right and he has more of a core of players he will spend on some top guys. But it does no good to bring a guy like Beckham in here to become a stick in the spokes of that process. He just got rid of Adams. He's not bringing in an OBJ imo. 

Its so hard to ask this fan base for patience because we've been technically rebuilding for a decade plus.  But truly, if you think Joe Douglas is everything he was billed to be as a talent evaluator and as a GM candidate, you have to just understand this is a long range project.  We have a guy in here that has a clear plan to build a young talented team that can have sustained success.. That requires a lot of patience and some hard seasons, which understandably this fan base doesnt want anymore of.  

Now if this team was rebuilding but playing really hard i think it would be easier for a lot of guys here to relax and enjoy the season.  The problem is last game was atrocious pretty much all around so it gives you a sense of despair that nothing will ever change.  I say just give it time, this is a long season, 1 game isnt going to define it or the players.  I fully expect as the season goes on for this team to become more competitive and competent.  That doesnt mean we'll finish with a good record, it just means we wont be ready to jump off a bridge watching the team. 

I just want to see development this year, I have given up the idea of competing for anything for another year or two realistically. If the draft picks from this year become key contributors and play well then I feel really good about the direction of the team and with a large haul of picks next year and a possible very high first pick we can hopefully take a few steps forward. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets have been rebuilding for 51 years.

yeah we know, but if they were rebuilding and playing competitively this year instead of getting absolutely smoked in all phases of the game yesterday youd feel better today than you do. 

Panthers are rebuilding, they played a very competitive game yesterday.  You wake up feeling better as a fan at least if the team is competitive and just losing because they arent good enough yet rather than getting absolutely smoked and looking like theres no hope. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2020 at 6:03 AM, Chrebetfan80 said:

Its so hard to ask this fan base for patience because we've been technically rebuilding for a decade plus.  But truly, if you think Joe Douglas is everything he was billed to be as a talent evaluator and as a GM candidate, you have to just understand this is a long range project.  We have a guy in here that has a clear plan to build a young talented team that can have sustained success.. That requires a lot of patience and some hard seasons, which understandably this fan base doesnt want anymore of.  

Now if this team was rebuilding but playing really hard i think it would be easier for a lot of guys here to relax and enjoy the season.  The problem is last game was atrocious pretty much all around so it gives you a sense of despair that nothing will ever change.  I say just give it time, this is a long season, 1 game isnt going to define it or the players.  I fully expect as the season goes on for this team to become more competitive and competent.  That doesnt mean we'll finish with a good record, it just means we wont be ready to jump off a bridge watching the team. 

I just want to see development this year, I have given up the idea of competing for anything for another year or two realistically. If the draft picks from this year become key contributors and play well then I feel really good about the direction of the team and with a large haul of picks next year and a possible very high first pick we can hopefully take a few steps forward. 

Well said.  I'm one who does get it, but even with my patience and homeritus it's still tough to watch a game like yesterday. Sam way off target, when he hits the WR they drop it, Defense not being able to contain someone they knew was going to run etc.   Like you said, I'm just looking for progress. The OL showed promise and that's what's keeping my head out of the noose. :)