Is the new field turf injuring players?

fullblast

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You're the one who reminds us constantly how the Jets are the most injured team in the NFL. You use it as an excuse. I provide a reason.

The thought crossed my mind as well, but then I saw what was going on around the rest of the league and it seems that soft tissue and joint issues are rampant today.  No preseason plus a week of hitting is taking its toll.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The thought crossed my mind as well, but then I saw what was going on around the rest of the league and it seems that soft tissue and joint issues are rampant today.  No preseason plus a week of hitting is taking its toll.

SAR I

Jets had this problem last year, also. Miami players are on record hating his guts. If Gase isn't fired, a full-scale locker room revolt is coming. And soon.

• Upvote 1

IDK, I get that injuries are up this year, which is something that I also predicted on this board. But it's hard to ignore that players and coaches were outwardly complaining about the condition of the field.

https://ninernoise.com/2020/09/20/sf-49ers-kyle-shanahan-arik-armstead-metlife-turf/

“That’s as many knee injuries and ankle stuff, and people getting caught on the turf as I’ve ever been a part of,” Shanahan said after the game. “From what I saw, the other team did, too. I know our players talked about it the entire game, just how sticky the turf was. … It was something our guys were concerned about right away, and the results definitely made that a lot stronger.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/49ers-complain-turf-metlife-stadium-injuries/oqdjicr7b861oyyegnpx1zf4

"I think the turf was pretty thick," Armstead said. "Guys seemed to be getting stuck in the ground more regularly. A bunch of guys went down, wasn’t real fun to be a part of."

Hopefully something can be done about it.