Joe Benigno is officially retiring from WFAN

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I grew up listening to Beningo on overnights as a kid. It's hard to have any ill will towards a guy who shares my pain as a Jets fan. He made Jets losses tolerable for me. His rants were cathartic. 

He will undoubtedly have a segment every week like Carl Banks and Michael Irivin, and I look forward to it. 

I especially like it when he tries to moan and his old man vocal cords only provide something like a squeak or a squeal.  It's uncomfortable.  Sounds like a dying animal.

Good riddance.  He's part of the problem, not part of the solution.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

Just now, SAR I said:

I especially like it when he tries to moan and his old man vocal cords only provide something like a squeak or a squeal.  It's uncomfortable.  Sounds like a dying animal.

SAR I

Do you always have to be a dick or a contrarian?  I don't care if you like or don't like Beningo, but try reading the room. I like Beningo. No need to bring your Nancy, whiny feelings about a guy who has been part of my life for the past twenty five years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Do you always have to be a dick or a contrarian?  I don't care if you like or don't like Beningo, but try reading the room. I like Beningo. No need to bring your Nancy, whiny feelings about a guy who has been part of my life for the past twenty five years. 

This thread references who he is now, not the great broadcaster he used to be.  The guy is a first-class Jets hater and takes money to put the Jets down at every opportunity, it’s a promoted event on WFAN and SNY.  He’s an enemy of the Jets, not an actual fan.  

I loved the guy too....15 years ago.  He’s a caricature now.  That’s why he lost his audience and is being forced out.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

This thread references who he is now, not the great broadcaster he used to be.  The guy is a first-class Jets hater and takes money to put the Jets down at every opportunity, it’s a promoted event on WFAN and SNY.  He’s an enemy of the Jets, not an actual fan.  

I loved the guy too....15 years ago.  He’s a caricature now.  That’s why he lost his audience and is being forced out.  

SAR I

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this post?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

from 2002 NYYfans site ...

Is there anyone on the FAN who likes the Yankees? I think Francessa does, and Benigno and Neer at least try to be fair about them and give credit where credit is due. I guess if we want an pro-Yankee show, we should listen to Michael Kay on WEVD. I couldn't believe it when I started seeing his face on the back of busses. I do get a kick out of Benigno's commercials for Umberto's Clam House. Slippery Elm and Fellow Bronx-Bombers, thanks for all the gossip about the FAN announcers. I am a new listener and appreciate the dirt. That's why this site is so great! I didn't know the story about Steve Somers and Jerry Seinfeld, much less the hilarious Darryl Strawberry tale. Keep the stories coming!

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed Joe and will miss him.  He was a true Jet fan.  Was there when they won the Super Bowl and longed to taste that kind of sweetness.  I loved his rants even if I didn't agree with everything he said.  A straight shooter who wore his heart on his sleeve and spoke his mind.  Good luck, Joe.  You had a great run.  I hope you live to see another Jet Super Bowl victory.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I grew up listening to Beningo on overnights as a kid. It's hard to have any ill will towards a guy who shares my pain as a Jets fan. He made Jets losses tolerable for me. His rants were cathartic. 

He will undoubtedly have a segment every week like Carl Banks and Michael Irivin, and I look forward to it. 

Listened to Joe many nights in high school and college while pulling all nighters

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, hungry jackson said:

Loved the caller "Joe from Saddle River" late Sunday Nights after a tough Jets loss, there were many.  He'd rank on Leon Hess and how they needed a new owner.

Happy Retirement Joe!!

If only he knew the horror show that would replace Hess

• Haha 1

Whatever happened to that creepy threesome drunken sexual harassment suit thing? Thrown out, I reckon; because I know a couple of days after he came back he said on the air good to be back blah blah good to have you back, Joe, blah blah but he didn't really say anything other than that (that I heard) probably on the advice of his attorney.

Anyway, I shudder. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/27/2020 at 9:49 PM, southparkcpa said:

from caller to commentator.  It’s a RUDY story whether you like him or not.

What he accomplished is pretty incredible. 

Agreed. Some people are such bitter hags and often hate and piss on other people just to hate and piss on other people. What miserable lives they must lead. I hate the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Agreed. Some people are such bitter hags and often hate and piss on other people just to hate and piss on other people. What miserable lives they must lead. I hate the Jets. 

This is the very definition of Joe Beningo for the past 10 years.  A bitter, hateful, hag pissing on the Jets just to hate and piss on them.  Worse?  He did it to make money.  Jets hating as a career.  Humiliating the franchise you supposedly love to thousands of people.  Just to make a buck.

Good riddance.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is the very definition of Joe Beningo for the past 10 years.  A bitter, hateful, hag pissing on the Jets just to hate and piss on them.  Worse?  He did it to make money.  Jets hating as a career.  Humiliating the franchise you supposedly love to thousands of people.  Just to make a buck.

Good riddance.

SAR I

Just to make a buck, lol. Woody Johnson owns the Jets just to make a buck, just sayin'. 

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's weird to think that every single player in that pic (Robby Anderson, Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Sam Darnold, Quincy Enunwa and Chris Herndon) might be gone from the Jets by next year.  And Benigno too, of course.

It's like looking at an old wedding video and counting all the dead people.

My 30th Wedding Anniversary was on Tues. btw, and for the record, I didn't put on our old wedding video and count all the dead people, lol.

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Pretty sure this is why you're upset:

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Good riddance.

SAR I

Some people are bitter old shrews

old-guy.gif