Pick 25 Pick 33 Who do you want?

Wonderboy

On 12/10/2020 at 1:34 PM, Guilhermezmc said:

I will say it again! Trade up for Devonta Smith, he got that killer instinct always dominate in the big games, Saban raves about his work ethic and is showing this year

Might get him with Seattle pick if they get knocked out early. 
I’ve said this B4, if you sign Allen Robinson, Mims in his 2nd year & you land Smith, you can cut Crowder & ease him in using Barrios splitting time in the slot. 
Use that 10.5 million you save cutting Crowder & get a TE in here! 
Jonnu Smith? 25 years old. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Might get him with Seattle pick if they get knocked out early. 
I’ve said this B4, if you sign Allen Robinson, Mims in his 2nd year & you land Smith, you can cut Crowder & ease him in using Barrios splitting time in the slot. 
Use that 10.5 million you save cutting Crowder & get a TE in here! 
Jonnu Smith? 25 years old. 

Let's see what Berrios can do. 

Jets injury report: Jamison Crowder questionable vs. Seahawks

12 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Lot of holes so cant fill them all. I like those 2 picks as well. And of course, there is FA.  Freimuth provides an essential outlet for Trevor and Najee looks like he would be an absolute beast and the cow bell RB we haven't had in a long time. Then back to the OL in round 3.  JD can scoop up Josh Myers from OSU and plug him into center and slide McGovern over to guard.  Still would have another 3rd rounder T Daniel Faalele.  in FA, there should be enough money to sign an edge, WR and CB.  WR Allen Robinson/JuJU/Godwin, edge Hendrickson, Dupree, CB ?That would be a really nice draft/FA.  Lawrence, Friemuth, Harris, Myers, Faalele, FA's 

Hell yeah it would.  I like it more than taking a WR or CB up that high. A lot of people undervalue the TE and attach the "non premium" label to the position. But I see a legit TE as invaluable. Especially when they can block on top of being dynamic in the passing game. TE's are the QBs best friend when you have the right guy in there.  It's time we had that.  

It's also time we considered placing an emphasis on a top shelf RB like Najee Harris.  Freiermuth and Harris come on this team with Trevor Lawrence and $hit is gonna get real.

I like the 3rd rd for OL a lot in this draft . Even later  Josh SIlls G, and Ben Cleveland G are both guys we can most likely have in the 4th-6th and they will be an upgrade over what we currently have. Josh Myers, Trey Hill and Tyler Linderbaum will all be solid Centers. We can go about it numerous ways.  If we get a 2nd for Sam.... Oh momma! 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I feel good about these picks and what will happen. In truth I think JD will consider trading back a bit with the 2nd 1st.  If he does't and assuming TLaw is the 1st pick I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Freiermuth TE taken there. Good blocker and incredible in the passing game. I'd take Pitts over him but he will almost certainly be gone. 

If we grabbed Freiermuth and Najee Harris with those two picks I would be elated. There is gonna be plenty of solid OL help in the 3rd. Plenty. And we have 2 picks there.

That said, I would not be surprised at all if JD used one of said picks to improve the Edge. If Patrick Jones, Aiden Hitchinson or Basham are still around I would absolutely consider it.  

Freiermuth is my guy at 33.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2020 at 3:19 AM, Wonderboy said:

So if we get the 1st pick - Trevor - ( we will ? )  who do we take at 25 and 33 which are 2 high profile picks.  So many excellent players will be available and we have so many needs.  And we have big bucks to add some really good talent via free agency which will obviously factor into JD's drat day decisions.   The positions of utmost need: OL across the board, mainly guard,  WR, edge, CB, RB, TE, LB.  Of course, Rome wasn't built in a day and this is no quick fix but these 2 picks can make an immediate impact.  So we have to look at IMO, our greatest needs first.  Initially, I hoped we would go offense and get Trevor weapons asap. But the defense is just putrid.  We desperately needs a corner and an edge.  On offense we need to solidify the OL, get another top flight WR to go along with Mims, a TE and a cow bell RB.  Lot of needs to say the least.  Quite the conundrum.   So do we go BPA at a position of need? Or is JD set on one particular area? Many of these guys are all over the place in the first 2 rounds mocks but these seem to be the top guys at their respective positions. So here's the list of players that will be considered with the 25 and 33 picks.  Who do you want, who don't you want and why?  

OL: C Humphries, G Wyatt Davis, C Trey Smith, T Alex Leatherwood, T Jalen Mayfield, T Cosmi, T Little, T Slater

WR: Smith, Waddle, Moore, Bateman, Marshall, Olave

CB: Wade, Adebo, Farley, Horn, Campbell, Kendrick

RB: Harris, Etienne

TE: Pitts, Friemuth

Edge: Hutchinson, Basham, Paye, Weaver, Oweh, Roussseau, Jones

I think a RB can be had later. Free agency will impact this but right now Guard, CB and WR are at the top of my list.

It all really depends on Free Agency on how we want to see us attack the draft because if JD can sign us an Allen Robinson @ WR? 

My dream scenario would then become...

Kyle Pitts/Najee Harris. 

However since I don't believe Kyle Pitts will still be available so if not I'd really like to see...

And if we sign an O-Lineman such as Joe Thuney...

Terrace Marshall Jr./Najee Harris. 

I just can't get enough of Najee Harris and if he's available with the first pick of the 2nd round I believe he's a no brainier and a spitting image of Adrian Peterson pt. 2. 

1490634141_USATSI_10684774(1).thumb.jpg.47109f5c16c68e15d1dcda8615520ee6.jpg

• Upvote 1

OL and WR

If Douglas can manage to pick up another second rounder somewhere (Darnold or potential tradeback), I'd take a CB or pass rusher.

I think both OL and WR need to be addressed in both free agency and the draft. With the amount of times that I've seen pass rushers avoid Becton, there's a lot of value in a RT if one falls.

If the Jets are going to get Lawrence, they owe it to him to put him in the best situation to succeed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It all depends what we do in FA. We need a guard or center, a WR, TE and RB. I expect us to sign a OL and a WR in FA. So TE and RB would be preferred in that scenerio.

FA iOL: Thuney OG, Scherff OG or Corey Linsley OC (move McGovern to RG in this scenario)

FA WR: Robinson, Corey Davis, Godwin, or Golladay

TE Draft (25): Pitts/Freiermuth

RB Draft (33) Etienne/Harris/Javonte Williams

Add another WR in the 3rd round and use the rest of the picks on defense with a focus on corner and edge.

The roster is so bad, I’d be fine with the BPA as long as it’s not an IDL or safety. As far as specific players, Etienne is going to be a stud right away, I really like Rashawn Slater because he can ply all 5 positions on the OL and I’m very intrigued by Jaelan Phillips, the edge Risher out of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, maury77 said:

The roster is so bad, I’d be fine with the BPA as long as it’s not an IDL or safety. As far as specific players, Etienne is going to be a stud right away, I really like Rashawn Slater because he can ply all 5 positions on the OL and I’m very intrigued by Jaelan Phillips, the edge Risher out of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPA already aligns with our needs at the Seattle pick and pick 33.  We need to upgrade the right side of the OL and TE

Seattles pick in the first round will be very intriguing and watched by many. 

The pick might be based on the BPA at a certain position. 

If the #1 rated CB is still on the board JD might be tempted to take him instead of the 2nd-3rd ranked WR. 

I think Travis Etienne will be there and that's  a hard player to pass on.