(12-19-2020) NCAA Conference Championship Game Thread (the weekend we've all been waiting for)

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I truly hope Ohio State gets upset today in order to end all of this Justin Fields #2 hype because I believe Mac Jones who's destroying the SEC is a much better QB than (a RB playing QB) Justin Fields. 

Once it's Clemson vs Alabama and Trevor Lawrence vs. Mac Jones during the National Championship game I believe it'll become Mac Jones who gets selected over Fields to Jax. 

Jax will take Zach Wilson over Fields assuming Jets get TL.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not jsut the starting lineups, I would be disappinted if he didn't have each players points, assists and rebounds per game going back to high school.

I'll save that for my FSU Seminoles who are undefeated @ 4-0 (whooped the Gators) after losing both Patrick Williams (#4 overall) and Devin Vassell (11th overall) to the NBA; come March Madness I'll be going FSU apesh*t ?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Both Fields and Zach Wilson will go before Mac Jones, it’s doubtful that’ll even be in question.

Have you not watched Jones ball out this year man?

He's got the highest single season QB Rating of All-Time (ever). 

Fields is Sam Darnold type of media driven hype and Wilson is nothingness compared to Mac Jones (imo). 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I doubt you would get the enormous compensation package if the Jets draft 2nd as they would if they had the 1st pick. 

Why does Fields suck in your eyes? 

See the Indiana game. See Ohio State system as to why so many QB's look so good at Ohio State and stink in the NFL. Any QB you plan on taking is a definite risk but it's much higher if you're talking about Fields. He stares down his intended receiver, does not know how to make progressions, and ultimately makes poor decisions and poor throws with the ball. I would take Zach Wilson over him without hesitation.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Fields takes a huge sack.  Eval'ing QBs it is so rare that the top guys do not get a clean pocket it.

I feel he's not a field general at the L.O.S, struggles reading defenses pre snap (as Sam did coming out) and looks to run 24/7 while depending on athleticism instead of pure Quarterbacking ability. 

(he won't last long in the NFL because he's nowhere near as fast as Vick/Lamar)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This is the problem with Fields. You see that pass rush and awful sack? All he ever does is look to RUN!

He doesn't know how to go through progressions and find the open guy, take what the defense is giving him.

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This is the problem with Fields. You see that pass rush and awful sack? All he ever does is look to RUN!

Other than he had no chance on that sack or that he wasnt looking to run, yeah

The OL is playing like shlt, already cost them 4 points

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

If Kyle Pitts is still on the board with Seattle's pick, I'd take him and never care about missing out on Humphrey.

Yes but there's 0.00% chance Pitts is on the board he's a top 10 pick and zero chance he falls into the 20's... I don't see him getting past N.E but my biggest fear is him going to Miami for Tua (Texans pick). 

As an FSU fan it's very rare (not often) that I'm drooling over a Gators player but Pitts is A++ special and probably the most freakish NCAA TE I've ever watched. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than he had no chance on that sack or that he wasnt looking to run, yeah

The OL is playing like shlt, already cost them 4 points

Justin Fields is playing like absolute crap. He's a glorified RB playing the QB position. 

In H.S he had 300+ rushing attempts and 2,000+ rushing yards (During only two seasons) ?

He's not a QUARTERBACK. 

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Justin Fields is playing like absolute crap. He's a glorified RB playing the QB position. 

In H.S he had 300+ rushing attempts and 2,000+ rushing yards (During only two seasons) ?

He's not a QUARTERBACK. 

Youre out of your mind, hes not a RB anymore than TL is.  

Who gives a shlt what he ran for in HS?  

This has nothing to do with your mancrush, stop because if we win a game hes probably our QB

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's not a QUARTERBACK. 

And in college Trevor Lawrence has as many and will have more carries than Kyler Murray had.  So?

You just have no idea what youre talking about with this hes a RB bullshlt, hes been the #2 rated QB behind TL since HS

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

If Kyle Pitts is still on the board with Seattle's pick, I'd take him and never care about missing out on Humphrey.

That's assuming Pitts is on the board around the mid 20's. He likely won't be, Humphrey has a chance to be.

Not saying I don't agree with you, btw. If Pitts is actually available with Seattle's first round pick, take him and run for sure.

I like Fields but I've got to be honest, his awareness in the pocket
on when to stand in or leave is slow.  With his athletic ability he
shouldn't be taking the amount of sacks/hits he does.  You have to
wonder if his internal clock can improve

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And in college Trevor Lawrence has as many and will have more carries than Kyler Murray had.  So?

You just have no idea what youre talking about with this hes a RB bullshlt, hes been the #2 rated QB behind TL since HS

Um. Wow. Just wow. 

Fields was considered as the #1 dual threat QB within the entire Country while coming out of H.S. 

Lawrence, wasn't. Trevor was considered a Pro Style #1 recruit (obviously, you didn't know any of this). 

Do you know the difference of Pro Style vs. Dual Threat prospect? No. You must (obviously) not lol. 

And that's because...

in only 2 years in HS Fields had 300 running attempts lol (a whopping average of 150 runs per season). 

vs.

During 4 years in HS Lawrence only had 154 rushing attempts (only an average of 38.5 runs per season). 

150 runs per season vs 38.5 runs per season (big difference, genius). 

But yet you had the nerve to tell me  "Trevor is no more of a RB than Fields"? ??‍♂️?

And stop lying about Lawrence "running more than Murray" in college too. 

Murray only played in 29 games with 207 rushing attempts (7.13 runs per game). 

Lawrence has played in 38 games with 207 rushing attempts (5.44 runs per game).