(12-19-2020) NCAA Conference Championship Game Thread (the weekend we've all been waiting for)

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

My argument with DWC aside, Fields may have played himself out of the #2 spot today.  Zach Wilson and Trey Lance are definitely in play.

How do you not include Mac Jones?

Here in 2020 he's got the single season highest QB Rating of All-Time within the SEC. 

Who's Wilson and Lance playing up against? 

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly, this OSU team just isn't that good. Even if they win I don't want to see them in the playoff.

I'm not sure there's a 4th team who really deserves it at all.

If OSU had to play an SEC schedule this year, they would have 3 losses, at least. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Here in 2020 he's got the single season highest QB Rating of All-Time within the SEC. 

I think everyone views Mac Jones as a physically unimpressive milquetoast QB playing on the most talented team in college FB.

Devonte Smith should win the Heisman.

I'm not saying Jones isn't good but I don't think he's what makes that team go -- I don't see him as a high first round prospect. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheMo said:

I think they are being extremely poorly coached honestly. On a day like this I am running the ball behind what has been a dominant run game and setting up play action. Not trying to prove that I am the greatest show on turf with second line WRs. 

Agree. Ryan Day is outthinking himself. They've gotten chunk plays in the running game, passing game is clearly off. Just run the ball -- you have the better athletes.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Who has Patrick Mahomes play in college, meanwhile Greg Mcelroy and AJ Mccarron looked great against better competition. Is your argument that drafting guys like McElroy/Mccarron over Mahomes would have been the smart move? 

I am not against a kid like Mac Jones, but we have seen many Bama QBs look GREAT and do nothing in the NFL. 

• Upvote 4

I think everyone views Mac Jones as a physically unimpressive milquetoast QB playing on the most talented team in college FB.

Devonte Smith should win the Heisman.

I'm not saying Jones isn't good but I don't think he's what makes that team go -- I don't see him as a high first round prospect. 

This is true but he he is better than some think imo.  Devonta smith is not great if the Qb is not good.  Jones moves around well in the pocket and actually gets the ball where it needs to be.

He is not the type of guy that can totally elevate the team by himself but pair him with some decent talent and he is really good.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

This is true but he he is better than some think imo.  Devonta smith is not great if the Qb is not good.  Jones moves around well in the pocket and actually gets the ball where it needs to be.

He is not the type of guy that can totally elevate the team by himself but pair him with some decent talent and he is really good.

I agree with that -- my assumption is we were talking about taking him at #2 and I don't think he's good enough to be in that conversation.

• Upvote 2

Agree. Ryan Day is outthinking himself. They've gotten chunk plays in the running game, passing game is clearly off. Just run the ball -- you have the better athletes.

Force them into a 8 in the box look. I think what drives me nuts is (this may not be accurate) but I imagine these guys as just being stubborn and thinking I am so smart.

14 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Didn't you piss and crap all over PATRICK MAHOMES coming out of college? 

Please don't try and teach me anything about QBs man.

PS: Weren't you telling me the other day how "stupid" it was of for me talking up QB W-L records with Alex Smith & Kaep under Harbaugh?

Funny. 

Because I noticed you talking DOWN on Mahomes W-L record coming out of college. 

Hypocritical, much? 

So we're only allowed to talk about QB W-L record when it fits YOUR AGENDA? 

Screenshot_20201218-080638.thumb.png.bd88584cdd40ad2b7180ecd11b33101a.png

Followed by...

Screenshot_20201218-075811.thumb.png.0e56499fb3205dca9070be50ab37d289.png??‍♂️?

BUSTED!!!

Lmfao, I have admitted to being wrong about Mahomes plenty of times.  You have stated plenty of times that Mahomes is a product of his situation in KC, to this day.  If you want to play this “you said this in the past, therefore you can’t have an opinion on anything” let me go dig up your entire JetsInsider posting history.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who has Patrick Mahomes play in college, meanwhile Greg Mcelroy and AJ Mccarron looked great against better competition. Is your argument that drafting guys like McElroy/Mccarron over Mahomes would have been the smart move? 

I am not against a kid like Mac Jones, but we have seen many Bama QBs look GREAT and do nothing in the NFL. 

Can't ppl say the same about Fields and former NFL QBs from Ohio State? 

And I don't believe McElroy/Mccarron ever put up 27 TDs/3 INTs (76.4%) and a QB Rating of 203.9 as has Jones this year... I think only Tua has put up a better QB season. 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmfao, I have admitted to being wrong about Mahomes plenty of times.  You have stated plenty of times that Mahomes is a product of his situation in KC, to this day.  If you want to play this “you said this in the past, therefore you can’t have an opinion on anything” let me go dig up your entire JetsInsider posting history.

BUSTED ?????????

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And I don't believe McElroy/Mccarron ever put up 27 TDs/3 INTs (76.4%) and a QB Rating of 203.9 as has Jones this year... I think only Tua has put up a better QB season. 

A simple google search would tell you that McCarron put up a 30-3 season in 2012. 

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Tim Tebow

Shows how mindless these numbers are

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1