(12-19-2020) NCAA Conference Championship Game Thread (the weekend we've all been waiting for)

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thnx you for this. Thnx you for admitting Trevor's 86 TD PASSSS are even more impressive than what the box scores show. 

That’s not relevant as my argument has NEVER been Fields is better than, or even on par with, Trevor.

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thnx you for this. Thnx you for admitting Trevor's 86 TD PASSSS are even more impressive than what the box scores show. 

Why cant you get it through to your brain that no one is comparing the talent of one to the other or picking one over the other.  Just pointing out how little you know about what youre talking about.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ohio St. isn’t that good this year.  They don’t have the same D or OL.  If they lose, there is now way they make the playoff, right?

Oh. Ok. Right. Sure. 

Noooowww you want make built in Fields excuses. 

Because just a couple weeks ago you were talking up him winning one of your Florida Gator HEISMAN TROPHYS (?)

and TELLING us all how Justin Fields was better than Trevor Lawrence. 

36 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I don't get the love on this board for Matt Campbell.  Dude never wins a big game.  Today is just another reminder about that.

Iowa state is no beacon for recruiting, he has consistently well outperformed recruiting classes vs actual wins.  He has built sad sack teams up into relevance.  Like Rhule he is a team builder that overachieves and not the latest hot coordinator that has no clue about the other side of the ball.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Continuing to build a team, draft Chase or the kid at Oregon to play RT.  Keep Darnold, and sign a legitimate veteran to seriously challenge him for the job.  If you keep building the team and wait for the QB to come to you instead of forcing the issue every 3 years with no support in place for the next kid.

I agree. If they’re at 2, anything is possible.

If they hire a coach who says he likes Darnold, and believes that he can rehabilitate the guy, you got to be able to listen. You can then trade of #2 and rebuild the team quickly if of course, you draft well.

But I’m jumping the gun.

So long as Gase is gone, it’ll be a step in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Iowa state is no beacon for recruiting, he has consistently well outperformed recruiting classes vs actual wins.  He has built sad sack teams up into relevance.  Like Rhule he is a team builder that overachieves and not the latest hot coordinator that has no clue about the other side of the ball.

The last time Iowa State won a conference title was 1912.

The fact that they're playing for one today (even if they get blown out by a team they'd previously beaten) tells you what he's built there.

If you don't think what he's done is impressive you don't know much about college FB or the Big 12.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Wait until we win a game and Fields, likely, becomes our next QB.

Didn't you piss and crap all over PATRICK MAHOMES coming out of college? 

Please don't try and teach me anything about QBs man.

PS: Weren't you telling me the other day how "stupid" it was of for me talking up QB W-L records with Alex Smith & Kaep under Harbaugh?

Funny. 

Because I noticed you talking DOWN on Mahomes W-L record coming out of college. 

Hypocritical, much? 

So we're only allowed to talk about QB W-L record when it fits YOUR AGENDA? 

Screenshot_20201218-080638.thumb.png.bd88584cdd40ad2b7180ecd11b33101a.png

Followed by...

Screenshot_20201218-075811.thumb.png.0e56499fb3205dca9070be50ab37d289.png??‍♂️?

BUSTED!!!