(12-19-2020) NCAA Conference Championship Game Thread (the weekend we've all been waiting for)

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

My ignorant comment was directed at someone who called him a glorified RB, he’s a legit QB prospect.   The issues with pressure were present last year as well, it’s something that he needs to work through.   There will be a lot debate about who is QB2 in this coming draft.  

No no I know. And I’m not trying to go to that extreme rhetoric of Fields either. You can see the “potential” of course. Jmo, but every time I watch him I feel like I’m watching an early 2nd round prospect not a first overall type of QB.

13 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Speaking as someone who is watching his first college football game of the year :-) - how is Fields being considered for the #2 pick?  He looks terrible...  Just stares down his receiver.  No pocket awareness.  Makes some questionable decisions...

Kind of in the same boat maybe 3rd game I’ve watched but Fields looks really bad so far.

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

11.45 (Fields) runs per game. 

Vs. 

5.62 (Trevor) runs per game. 

You absolutely have no clue what youre talking about.  

Fields, 234 carries in 31 games = 7.5 per

TL, 207 carries in 38 games = 5.5 per

All of 2 carries per game game difference.  

Makes one a dual threat QB and the other a pro passer 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

You have to be absolutely perfect in every single moment (unless you’re Trevor Lawrence) or you suck.  That’s depth of takes we are getting from this board lately.  Its comical. 

And remember theyre not playing against anyone, so there isnt ever a case to be made for the other team is actually there, trying and actually making plays.

Unless you want to hire their HC, then it shifts to a great job by NW

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

In 2019 Trevor ran 103 times for 563 yards.

In 2019 Fields ran 137 times for 484 yards.

That is a “whopping” 34 attempts and 79 yards being the difference.  In what universe is that misleading?

You hid the fact Trevor played 1 more game. 

Or that here in 2020...

Vs. 

Or how Justin Fields was ranked as the Nation's #1 dual threat running QB coming out 

?

Just now, HessStation said:

I get it. He does have a similar skill set to Murray who’s shown he can play at the next level ...and I guess a little bit of Jackson. And the  NFL “is changing” towards this kind of QB. They’re just not the same QB imo. Not even close. I’ve seen multiple games now where I’ve watched poor throws and bad reads vs inferior competition. 

It’s one half of Football, Hess.   He’s playing a very good team with half of his team out (and his favorite target).  That negates everything the kid has done in his entire career and closes the book on his future?  Come’on, you’re better then that...what if he throws for 200 and 3 TDs in the second half?  Good again or still sucks? Lol. he’s a great QBs and blue chip prospect. #1 overall most years.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

No no I know. And I’m not trying to go to that extreme rhetoric of Fields either. You can see the “potential” of course. Jmo, but every time I watch him I feel like I’m watching an early 2nd round prospect not a first overall type of QB.

I get it, but there are games where he’s looked like a legit top of the draft QB as well.   These kids all have ups and downs, they aren’t robots.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It’s one half of Football, Hess.   He’s playing a very good team with half of his team out (and his favorite target).  That negates everything the kid has done in his entire career and closes the book on his future?  Come’on, you’re better then that...what if he throws for 200 and 3 TDs in the second half?  Good again or still sucks? Lol. he’s a great QBs and blue chip prospect. #1 overall most years.

K, again. I mentioning multiple games. 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You hid the fact Trevor played 1 more game. 

Or that here in 2020...

Vs. 

Or how Justin Fields was ranked as the Nation's #1 dual threat running QB coming out 

?

I didn’t hide sh*t.  I just don’t really care.  The numbers are close enough to say it doesn’t matter as much as you think it does.  If I really cared, I’d bring up how Trevor was usually benched after Clemson dropped 45 points before halftime.

2020 has been an absolute disaster due to COVID.  Bringing it up is meaningless.

As for high school, no one cares.  Clearly it wasn’t a drastic difference and the numbers from when they both started double digit games backs that up.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

A very good team? LOL it’s northwestern and he’s on Ohio state. That is like being on the cheifs and playing the 75 bucs

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Yes Lawrence at #1, no brainer but when we do lose vs the pats and end up with the #2 pick, what’d we do?

Continuing to build a team, draft Chase or the kid at Oregon to play RT.  Keep Darnold, and sign a legitimate veteran to seriously challenge him for the job.  If you keep building the team and wait for the QB to come to you instead of forcing the issue every 3 years with no support in place for the next kid.

Trevor Lawrence 86 TD Passes. 

Justin Fields 60 TD passes. 

28 more TD passss (will increase tonight and into the playoffs). 

And if the more games played when talking running attempts doesn't matter then don't dare mention more games for Trevor with this example. 

Give me the QB who runs less but throws more TDs lol

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Sorry, didn’t see this post but I don’t know what you’re watching if this is your take, he’s shown you everything you want to see at an elite level. He had one “bad” half vs Indiana and otherwise has had nearly a flawless career.  Should be fun to watch his he responds.  

Just now, JiF said:

Ohio St. isn’t that good this year.  They don’t have the same D or OL.  If they lose, there is now way they make the playoff, right?

I still think they’ll get in, but whether or not they deserve it is definitely worth a discussion.