(12-19-2020) NCAA Conference Championship Game Thread (the weekend we've all been waiting for)

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The bowl selection committee painted themselves into a corner by actually  dropping 9-0 cincy a spot last week.

Ohio State losing, Texas A&M not looking overly impressive, Iowa State losing.

If Northwestern wins, do they get a look.  1 loss Big 10 Champ with 8 games played.  Includes a W over 4th ranked OSU.  

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

I like Fields but I've got to be honest, his awareness in the pocket
on when to stand in or leave is slow.  With his athletic ability he
shouldn't be taking the amount of sacks/hits he does.  You have to
wonder if his internal clock can improve

My biggest concern with Fields is @ the L.O.S. He doesn't seem like a younger Manning @ Tennessee or Lawrence @ Clemson type of field general pre-snap and his ability to read a defense pre-snap is a question mark for me. 

Hell of an athlete with A+ athleticism though. 

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Um. Wow. Just wow. 

Fields was considered as the #1 dual threat QB within the entire Country while coming out of H.S. 

Lawrence, wasn't. Trevor was considered a Pro Style #1 recruit (obviously, you didn't know any of this). 

Do you know the difference of Pro Style vs. Dual Threat prospect? No. You must (obviously) not lol. 

And that's because...

in only 2 years in HS Fields had 300 running attempts lol (a whopping average of 150 runs per season). 

vs.

During 4 years in HS Lawrence only had 154 rushing attempts (only an average of 38.5 runs per season). 

150 per season vs 38.5 per season (big difference, genius). 

But yet you had the nerve to tell me  "Trevor is no more than a RB than Fields"? ??‍♂️?

And stop lying about Lawrence "running more than Murray" in college too. 

Murray only played in 29 games with 207 rushing attempts (7.13 runs per game). 

Lawrence has played in 38 games with 207 rushing attempts (5.44 runs per game). 

You have no clue, hes not a RB anymore than TL is.  WTF is confusing about that and required a diatribe that says absolutely nothing?  Or with the simple fact that TL has as many carries as Myrray had as of today.  Im sure he'll have at least a couple more so?  Want to compare the carries of Lawrence to Fields?  They're similar enough where you wont want to.  Theyre both QBs, who run.  Their ability to run is a huge part of both players games

Whats your point here Mr Stat compiler?  Its the same number of runs, why are you arguing? 

You make all of us who want to draft TL not just to stop all this BS

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, thshadow said:

Speaking as someone who is watching his first college football game of the year :-) - how is Fields being considered for the #2 pick?  He looks terrible...  Just stares down his receiver.  No pocket awareness.  Makes some questionable decisions...

Same. The holding the ball is a huge flag. He’s not draftable at 2.

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Mulligans for what?

I really don’t pay attention as much to college football as I once did tbh, the only thing I’ve been paying attention to this year is Fields and Lawrence. This has been multiple games now where I really don’t see Fields as some elite prospect. I posted all that before the interception btw...fwiw

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

25A7C1FA-2425-42F8-9D6E-79ADA13021C2.thumb.png.bdd67c77efabaaffab0c334b6c651a91.png

3C926E9B-5C22-46E0-A3B5-1DC1E957866B.thumb.png.7e8317c18125bbe5abd7274f8f558155.png

Trevor Lawrence runs almost as much as Fields but Fields is a RB just because of high school.  Gotta love it.

Trevor has played more games than Lawrence so those #s are misleading. 

Trevor has ran the ball 45 times throughout 8 games this year (5.62 runs per game). 

As I'm typing Fields throws a red zone pick in the end zone ?

Justin Fields has already ran the ball 8x today and now has 63 runs on the year throughout only 5.5 games (11.45 runs per game). 

11.45 (Fields) runs per game. 

Vs

5.62 (Trevor) runs per game. 

?‍♂️

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I really don’t pay attention as much to college football as I once did tbh, the only thing I’ve been paying attention to this year is Fields and Lawrence. This has been multiple games now where I really don’t see Fields as some elite prospect. I posted all that before the interception btw...fwiw

My ignorant comment was directed at someone who called him a glorified RB, he’s a legit QB prospect.   The issues with pressure were present last year as well, it’s something that he needs to work through.   There will be a lot debate about who is QB2 in this coming draft.  

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Maybe because Justin Fields (today) isn't playing against a 3-5 Nebraska team (35 point win), 3-5 Penn State (13 point win), 3-6 Rutgers (22 point win) and/or 2-5 Michigan State (40 point win). 

They haven't beaten anyone. 

They don't even deserve to make the playoffs (although not their fault). 

The only winning team they've played was INDIANA @ home in Ohio State lol and Fields tossed 3 INTs and was sacked 5-6x and only won by 7 points against a 4-1 Indiana team. 

This Northwestern team is 6-1 and led by a defensive minded coach who specializes in Defense and could really confuse an inexperienced QB in Fields today. 

You'd be a little nuts to bet on Ohio State to cover the spread because they won't be @ Ohio State today (neutral field) -17 is too much man. 

@Ruby2

Told you man. Hope I helped save you $500 with my post above. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

My ignorant comment was directed at someone who called him a glorified RB, he’s a legit QB prospect.   The issues with pressure were present last year as well, it’s something that he needs to work through.   There will be a lot debate about who is QB2 in this coming draft.  

Holding the ball like he’s been doing makes him not draftable that high. That’s not fixable.

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Trevor has ran the ball 45 times throughout 8 games this year (5.62 runs per game). 

Justin Fields has already ran the ball 8x today and now has 63 runs on the year throughout only 5.5 games (11.45 runs per game). 

Vs

?‍♂️

200.gif

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes but there's 0.00% chance Pitts is on the board he's a top 10 pick and zero chance he falls into the 20's... I don't see him getting past N.E but my biggest fear is him going to Miami for Tua (Texans pick). 

As an FSU fan it's very rare (not often) that I'm drooling over a Gators player but Pitts is A++ special and probably the most freakish NCAA TE I've ever watched. 

I agree and I'd actually give thought about trading up to grab Pitts. I think he's that good.

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Vs

?‍♂️

In 2019 Trevor ran 103 times for 563 yards.

In 2019 Fields ran 137 times for 484 yards.

That is a “whopping” 34 attempts and 79 yards being the difference.  In what universe is that misleading?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is my favorite thread to come to and make my brains feel like scramble eggs. 

I get it. He does have a similar skill set to Murray who’s shown he can play at the next level ...and I guess a little bit of Jackson. And the  NFL “is changing” towards this kind of QB. They’re just not the same QB imo. Not even close. I’ve seen multiple games now where I’ve watched poor throws and bad reads vs inferior competition.