BYU on tonight at 7. Required Watching

section314

25 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

@Defense Wins Championships McKenzie Milton is going to FSU? He was an absolute stud before his injury but that was almost 3 years ago. 

Yes about a week or two he announced his transfer from UCF to FSU but I'm not all that excited over him he's a shorter QB well under 6 foot and a QB who may have dominated the American Athletic Conference but I don't think he'll stand a chance within the ACC. 

He'll have some awesome WRs though check out Malik McClain when you have a chance kid is a freak of nature WR who was recruited by the likes of Miami, Ole Miss and ALABAMA and he's from right here in Tampa Bay (Bradenton) so I'm super excited to see what he's all about.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

He was pressured in 50% of drop backs in this game. He also got mugged before the half. Threw a pick on a end of half Hail Mary. Took a while to adjust and only had like 6 possessions all game. 

That throw, on the run, a little across his body at 4:52 tho

Animated GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes about a week or two he announced his transfer from UCF to FSU but I'm not all that excited over him he's a shorter QB well under 6 foot and a QB who may have dominated the American Athletic Conference but I don't think he'll stand a chance within the ACC. 

He'll have some awesome WRs though check out Malik McClain when you have a chance kid is a freak of nature WR who was recruited by the likes of Miami, Ole Miss and ALABAMA and he's from right here in Tampa Bay (Bradenton) so I'm super excited to see what he's all about.

He beat up Auburn and was undefeated before his injury. If he’s the same player he’ll elevate you guys to relevance. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  That's great!

The Chiefs didn't Tank for Trubisky and ended up Married to Mahomes.....so who the heck knows how these things will work out.

They traded UP to get Mahomes.  Clearly Reid was a big believer in the kid well before the rest of us were (with a few exceptions.  @Lupz27 and @RJIII being 2 of them).  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He beat up Auburn and played well against LSU 2 (3) years ago. If he’s the same player he’ll elevate you guys to relevance. 

I hope you're right I don't know too much about the kid I only watched about 15 minutes of highlights of him and wasn't all that impressed but yes I just checked his game log i didn't find any games vs. LSU but I see against Auburn during a bowl game (2017) where he went for 242 passing yards, 2 TDs/0 INTs however a completion percentage of only 45.7% (16/35) but maybe that's because his team was so overmatched against an SEC Auburn defense? 

He did go undefeated 2017/2018 (23-0) but that's within the American Athletic Conference I'll definitely be pulling for him but in the ACC I'm not too confident right now.

45 minutes ago, pointman said:

I love what I am reading about this Zach Wilson. However, is no one worried about his sudden rise? The stats from 18 and 19 are nothing remarkable. 

Joe Burrow completed just 58 % of his throws for 7.6 YPA in his Junior season.  Didn't stop him from looking terrific in the pros prior to his unfortunate injury.  

I'm not too worried about that.  

44 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

russell wilson went in the 3rd cos minds be closed

Yep.  Kyler Murray (5-10) is another one of those who people doubted due to size.  Drew Brees (listed 6-0, probably 5-11) as well.

The only thing to really worry about for smaller guys is they tend to be higher injury risks.  A very real concern, for sure.  

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I hope you're right I don't know too much about the kid I only watched about 15 minutes of highlights of him and wasn't all that impressed but yes I just checked his game log i didn't find any games vs. LSU but I see against Auburn during a bowl game (2017) where he went for 242 passing yards, 2 TDs/0 INTs however a completion percentage of only 45.7% (16/35) but maybe that's because his team was so overmatched against an SEC Auburn defense? 

He did go undefeated 2017/2018 (23-0) but that's within the American Athletic Conference I'll definitely be pulling for him but in the ACC I'm not too confident right now.

He got injured before that LSU game so I got that wrong. Watch Milton’s tape of that game against Auburn. The team struggled in the first half and got better as the game went on. He also ran for over 100 yards.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, QB1 said:

You’d really waste the #2 overall pick on this guy? Just because should think Darnold sucks? I’d rather roll with minshew 

Darnold sucks AND I think Wilson and Fields are good prospects.  It's not just Darnold being terrible that makes me want to draft Wilson.  

I don't get what the problem is with this take.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold sucks AND I think Wilson and Fields are good prospects.  It's not just Darnold being terrible that makes me want to draft Wilson.  

I don't get what the problem is with this take.  

I just don’t think he checks the boxes for a player drafted 2 overall.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RSJ said:

This is probably the same crowd on this board who wanted the Jets to pass on Allen. Lol

I mean, yeah, I wanted to pass on Allen.  Because he was inaccurate and pretty turnover prone in college; 2 traits that rarely translate to the pros.  And in his first 2 seasons in the NFL, that's exactly what Allen demonstrated.  His turnaround in Year 3 is historically unprecedented.  

None of that has anything to do with Wilson though.  What's your point?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Size and durability threw for 11 TDs and 9 picks last year 

We’re still doing size for QB evaluation?

Sam wasn’t injured in college and has consistently been injured in the pros. Zach Wilson didn’t get contact injured, he just tried to tough it through something he had for years and eventually couldn’t. Juniors and senior improve all the time, as a true freshman he was pretty good .

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Really need to stop looking at the competition these quarterbacks played against it’s not end all be all... You’re judging the players team more than the player itself

Did Patrick Mahomes play against big time defenses in college?  how about Josh Allen? 

Yep.  Ben Roethlisberger (Miami-OH), Brett Favre (Southern Miss), Randall Cunningham (UNLV), Steve McNair (Alcorn St.), Alex Smith (Utah), Rich Gannon (Delaware), Derek Carr (Fresno St), Joe Flacco (Delaware) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (Harvard) also played weak competition in school.  

And Kyler Murray played a lot of horrid defenses in the Big 12.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Ben Roethlisberger (Miami-OH), Brett Favre (Southern Miss), Randall Cunningham (UNLV), Steve McNair (Alcorn St.), Alex Smith (Utah), Rich Gannon (Delaware), Derek Carr (Fresno St), Joe Flacco (Delaware) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (Harvard) also played weak competition in school.  

And Kyler Murray played a lot of horrid defenses in the Big 12.

Josh Allen

Carson Wentz

12 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Size and durability threw for 11 TDs and 9 picks last year 

He's bigger than Kyler Murray, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson and Joe Burrow had an equally unimpressive junior season.  Meanwhile, Wilson's injury history seems to have no impact on his ability to throw a football.

Not saying these aren't things scouts need to consider but how exactly are those meaningful boxes to check or uncheck?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

We’re still doing size for QB evaluation?

Sam wasn’t injured in college and has consistently been injured in the pros. Zach Wilson didn’t get contact injured, he just tried to tough it through something he had for years and eventually couldn’t. Juniors and senior improve all the time, as a true freshman he was pretty good .

He’s 190 soaking wet and looks like he would break in half if got tackled. Looks like a one read QB to me right now. No one is saying he is a bad prospect, in my mind the 2nd overall pick should be more of a lock. If Wilson is the guy I’m trading down to the 10 range and sitting him for the entire rookie year.

• Upvote 1