Hey look! Jacksonville is now a desirable destination!

17 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

How many championships have the three Florida teams won in the free agency era?

One. They have won one title combined.

Out of 75 seasons of football. 

Your entire post is nonsense.

And your posts have always been nonsense.  Playing like your a bad ass anchor salesman.  lol

I was listing the life style reason Flordia would be attractive to a player/coach.   Your certaintly not making an argument that the Jets storied history, or ownership is attractive to potentiel HC's/players are you?   

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And your posts have always been nonsense.  Playing like your a bad ass anchor salesman.  lol

I was listing the life style reason Flordia would be attractive to a player/coach.   Your certaintly not making an argument that the Jets storied history, or ownership is attractive to potentiel HC's/players are you?   

I'm saying this notion that Florida is such an attractive destination for pro athletes is delegitimized by the overwhelming lack of success of Florida's football teams over the last 25 years.

4 hours ago, ToonforPrez said:

This is why i hate Sports Media, To say Jacksonville Florida is more desirable then NYC is a joke. The kid is from GA I get it but to say because that part of FL is Like GA is a reach to get people to think Jacksonville is this alluring destination is comical.

It’s desirable due to TR. 

I have heard it’s not bad place to live if you have money

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I'm saying this notion that Florida is such an attractive destination for pro athletes is delegitimized by the overwhelming lack of success of Florida's football teams over the last 25 years.

And I thought we were comparing the Jags to the Jets , not the Steelers or Pats.  Both teams suck.  Might as well be warm, and get to keep the money you earned.    

16 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

This is wrong because he will earn significantly less in endorsements playing in Jacksonville as opposed to NY.

Total BS.  Maybe in 1980.  Who do you think is making more money in endorsements right now.  Baker Mayfield in Cleveland, or Sam Darnold in NYC.

Endorsements are strickly based on how you market yourself, and national recognition.   Perhaps for a fringe player going to car dealerships he'll make a bit more money in NY then Jacksonville, but fot the stars and big money players the location of the team means 0

Just now, flgreen said:

Total BS.  Maybe in 1980.  Who do you think is making more money in endorsements right now.  Baker Mayfield in Cleveland, or Sam Darnold in NYC.

Endorsements are strickly based on how you market yourself, and national recognition.   Perhaps for a fringe player going to car dealerships he'll make a bit more money in NY then Jacksonville, but fot the stars and big money players the location of the team means 0

Really? Mark Sanchez got national TV spots. Does that happen if he played in Jacksonville?

7 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Really? Mark Sanchez got national TV spots. Does that happen if he played in Jacksonville?

YES

Sanchez got that money because he was very handsome, and had a national rep from USC.  He was a model, not because he was a bad QB in NY.  Darnold didn't get that kind of money because he was a bad QB in NY

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

From my couch in NYC; no state nor local taxes, no shoveling snow, and you can actually go out for dinner and drinks . Sounds good to me. 

Also, team not run by 2 Lucky Sperm Club morons who apparently think selling Marvin Lewis can work. Feels like the New York Jets franchise is  an elaborate psychology experiment to see how far you can test the loyalty of a franchise's fan base until you break their attachment to said team. 

There is more to life then not shoveling snow, and the COVID thing is temporary and recent.

5 minutes ago, hungry jackson said:

Gase will be the coach if he wins out. The J&J boys are that clueless!!

I know it makes no sense, an hopefully is just Jets' paranoia, but this is my fear.  Soon as I heard the rumor that Darnold was coming back for one more year desperation run, it just didn't make sense that he get his last chance with a whole new system to learn.  

Then the rumor today that if the Jets lost, Gase would be fired.  Why would a game against the Browns at this point make a difference?    I can see it now, "team didn't quit, and finished strong."

I hope your wrong, but I'm concerned.

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, who would choose that place over going to coach a team in a shared stadium, working under the Johnsons, sky high taxes and having Governors Murphy and Cuomo telling you who can come to your house for dinner?

Worst Governor in the United States award goes to Florida Governor, Ron Dishonest DeSantis. THANK GOD my States Governor values Science over Fiction. 

guys, NYC is a sh*t hole

high taxes, high crime, no bail laws. criminals have more right than we do. wont let you have a gun, homeless everywhere, the dirtiest subway system in the world...

nobody wants to stay here unless you cant retire yet or because you dont want to move from your kids.

• Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Worst Governor in the United States award goes to Florida Governor, Ron Dishonest DeSantis. THANK GOD my States Governor values Science over Fiction. 

and what state had the most covid deaths? all those nursing home deaths. running the subway 24/7 even though trains could be cleaned every 72 hours. cant believe you said that seriously. 

• Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, doitny said:

guys, NYC is a sh*t hole

high taxes, high crime, no bail laws. criminals have more right than we do. wont let you have a gun, homeless everywhere, the dirtiest subway system in the world...

nobody wants to stay here unless you cant retire yet or because you dont want to move from your kids.

And yet it’s still one the wealthiest cities in the country. The largest safe city in the country.  The list goes on. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

And yet it’s still one the wealthiest cities in the country. The largest safe city in the country.  The list goes on. 

Things could change. When the oil and gas industry and IBM left in the 70's things went downhill pretty fast and crime skyrocketed. If the banks vacate (and they can go anywhere) NY could have a rough 10 years or so.  People are leaving pretty fast as it is.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Things could change. When the oil and gas industry and IBM left in the 70's things went downhill pretty fast and crime skyrocketed. If the banks vacate (and they can go anywhere) NY could have a rough 10 years or so.  People are leaving pretty fast as it is.

0303C53D-49B6-480F-81C8-DB08C3FCA94F.jpeg.292ea3d3578e7a2b252901c5e49f9d75.jpeg

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I love these people who bash NYC.  Move to Kentucky, Kansas or Jacksonville.  It's great there.  Nothing to do, no jobs, bankrupt state governments but hey you can buy a house for $100k because no one wants to live there!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

FL sucks in general, but the Tri State area is no prize either once you get past the food available in and around the city. Past that it's just expensive living and an image. 

Miami and Orlando are desirable destinations.  Jacksonville sucks ass.  Only reason Lawrence will definitely go is he's originally from neighboring Georgia.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I love these people who bash NYC.  Move to Kentucky, Kansas or Jacksonville.  It's great there.  Nothing to do, no jobs, bankrupt state governments but hey you can buy a house for $100k because no one wants to live there!

Florida is certainly not bankrupt. 

• Upvote 1