Hey look! Jacksonville is now a desirable destination!

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

The idea is laughable. Jacksonville reeks of a franchise that won’t exist in 20 years

The London jaguars will be very successful in the afc Europe division 

As for JAX go player by player on offense. They have a better line, better skills there's no position where the Jets are measurably better, except for Becton over cam Robinson 

The state of Florida has no income tax. The state of New Jersey has mucho income tax. On a hc coach salary that's literally 6 figures of savings every year 

38 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

What is confusing about the Jags are cleaning house on the front office while the Jets were keeping most of the same structure in place? That makes it more attractive. I know people here like to attribute success to Joe D (and don't get me wrong, I've been ok with what his plan seems to be even though it went so wrong this year), but he hasn't actually had any..

JD has been bad, this over the top excitement for the guy feels an awful lot like Mac's first two years.

I am very concerned with him being the one in charge of navigating such a complicated and important off-season.

With TL it would have been a much simpler plan.  I would prefer to see JD gone and bring in a big hitter, pay whatever it takes.

25 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The London jaguars will be very successful in the afc Europe division 

As for JAX go player by player on offense. They have a better line, better skills there's no position where the Jets are measurably better, except for Becton over cam Robinson 

The state of Florida has no income tax. The state of New Jersey has mucho income tax. On a hc coach salary that's literally 6 figures of savings every year 

That’s an amazing assumption when both teams have the same record but the only difference is the jets have played the better teams 

55 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Literally the worst part of Florida. Which is saying something. For anyone to think that’s somehow more appealing to any athlete who isn’t afraid of the attention is laughable.

From my couch in NYC; no state nor local taxes, no shoveling snow, and you can actually go out for dinner and drinks . Sounds good to me. 

Also, team not run by 2 Lucky Sperm Club morons who apparently think selling Marvin Lewis can work. Feels like the New York Jets franchise is  an elaborate psychology experiment to see how far you can test the loyalty of a franchise's fan base until you break their attachment to said team. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Florida is  desirable to players, and HC's for the same reasons people are flocking out of the NE to Florida.  

Beautiful weather year round.

Much less stressful life style

If your a fishing, boating kind of country boy, and a lot of NFL players are, wonderful things to do.

MUCH cheaper life style.  You can buy beautiful homes for the cost of average houses in the NE

Very goo svhool system

And a big one, NO INCOME TAX

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

Yeah, never understood what made Jacksonville more attractive.  It’s the crappiest part of Florida and that organization is just as much a dumpster fire, if not more, as the Jets.  Sure they have picks and cap space - so do the Jets. I hope the NFL enjoys TLaw in London.

Jax is an epic, post-apocalyptic sh*t hole. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Don't underestimate Schefter's ability to troll Jets fans.  He's not far off Peter King in that regard...

Interesting you say that.  I had been noticing he seemed to be quite favorable to the Jags situation the last 3 weeks.  Was starting to wonder if the Jags owners had fed him some info at sometime.   But maybe he's just riling up Jets fans.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ToonforPrez said:

This is why i hate Sports Media, To say Jacksonville Florida is more desirable then NYC is a joke. The kid is from GA I get it but to say because that part of FL is Like GA is a reach to get people to think Jacksonville is this alluring destination is comical.

I’d move to the Jacksonville area 1000 times over before I moved to NYC. 

46 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Omg really? Heres an idea you spend 3 million on a gorgeous beachfront house and wake up every morning to the ocean sounds. Omg, Terrible

Having lived in Jacksonville, I can say that the drive down A1A through Ponte Vedra toward St. Augustine is absolutely beautiful. The kid could do much worse. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

And the education system to prove it.

just cause they talk slow doesn't mean they are slow.  just who is judging the educational systems?  the very same prigs who think yale, harvard, et al are the be all end all to thought of any lind in this country.  it's pure bs.  the schools in CT have much to be desired and they get fortunes.  same thing with the public schools in nyc.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

just cause they talk slow doesn't mean they are slow.  just who is judging the educational systems?  the very same prigs who think yale, harvard, et al are the be all end all to thought of any lind in this country.  it's pure bs.  the schools in CT have much to be desired and they get fortunes.  same thing with the public schools in nyc.

Smaller districts in the NY suburbs. 

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

Again, stop with the Jets blew it nonsense.  The Rams were 17 point favorites.  THEY blew it.

Thank you....  Nobody wants to talk about that little tidbit... How in the world do they show up lame for that game. I would have predicted us beating the Pats, more than we would have beaten the Rams....

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Interesting you say that.  I had been noticing he seemed to be quite favorable to the Jags situation the last 3 weeks.  Was starting to wonder if the Jags owners had fed him some info at sometime.   But maybe he's just riling up Jets fans.

I think he's advertising the job. 

Judging the comments under Khan's last [serious] interview, he's not a popular man:

https://www.facebook.com/jacksonvillejaguars/videos/interview-with-jaguars-owner-shad-khan/863091870787198/

I'm sure he feels a need to improve the team's on-field performances; its the only way he can justify his vision for the franchise without further pissing off the fans. 

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Well, I have to say, the people in Jax are nowhere near as sharp as NY'ers. They don't have to be. 

3 hours ago, kelly said:

..if i may,.. florida does NOT have a STATE income tax    ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

I hear this bullsh*t every year around free agency time yet I have never heard one player mention state income tax as a reason they did or didn't sign with a team.

Not once.

This is a talking point used by people who have no clue what they are talking about.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Florida is  desirable to players, and HC's for the same reasons people are flocking out of the NE to Florida.  

Beautiful weather year round.

Much less stressful life style

If your a fishing, boating kind of country boy, and a lot of NFL players are, wonderful things to do.

MUCH cheaper life style.  You can buy beautiful homes for the cost of average houses in the NE

Very goo svhool system

And a big one, NO INCOME TAX

How many championships have the three Florida teams won in the free agency era?

One. They have won one title combined.

Out of 75 seasons of football. 

Your entire post is nonsense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I hear this bullsh*t every year around free agency time yet I have never heard one player mention state income tax as a reason they did or didn't sign with a team.

Not once.

This is a talking point used by people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Well that's because players pay state income tax in any state they play away games in.

It's ignorant nonsense.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If Morgan starts that game even the Rams crappy play doesn't stop the Jets from losing.

Once more, Morgan is working as the 4th string QB.  Hes not getting regular snaps in practices.  Its a simple concept that somehow keeps getting ignored.  To make it more of a clown show, let your team participate in practices watching Morgan sit on the sideline all year somehow pass up White and Flacco starting a game.  Yeah, that would pass the test too.

18 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Not once.

If youre making 5, 10, 15 million a year and youre accountants cant come up with a way to offset the state income tax owed for the weeks you collect a check at home, its time for a new accounting firm

• Upvote 1