God forbid the Jaguars select Justin Fields...

Pass on Trevor if Fields is gone?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trade out of #2 if Fields goes #1

• Yes
    • No

Fields’ game last night can’t be overstated. It was perfectly written. 

• Played through/better with broken ribs? Check

• Throws 6 TD’s that included deep bombs a s needle threading accurate throws? Check

• Slaughters a dynasty powerhouse in the CFB, after their coach said your team didn’t even belong in the playoffs? Check

• Outclasses the generational all consensus #1 pick on national tv in a revenge game where your team was robbed on a controversial call last year? Check 

The balls it took for that kind of performance with ALL the pressure on him, draft stock falling etc.

That was rocky, rudy, and mighty ducks all wrapped into you. Ok mighty ducks 2...but still.

This was the best possible scenario for us and more importantly Fields.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Happy 2021 everyone!

Fields has to have the same type of game against Bama for Jax to even begin considering him as a viable option as the #1 pick.

Regardless, Field’s performance was spectacular. How his kidney or spleen didn’t blow up after that hit is still incredible in of itself. He showed his mettle last night so I’m quite comfortable with the thought of him being a Jet.

Still, I’ve decided not  to get emotionally invested in who we should pick this time like I did three years ago.

Let’s first get to black Monday. Then let’s listen to the traditional end of year press conference. Hopefully and I really mean hopefully, CJ/Woody let JD maybe not actually choose the next coach ( I don’t see ownership doing something so bold) but hopefully they will allow JD orchestrate the process. The coaching process and head coach selection is vital. You need the right coaching to groom the right draft pick and that starts with a “football guy” like JD being in a decision of power to make all of this work out.

I've been advocating for this mindset for a while.  Simply for the mental health of this forum it's best to play the role of very interested observer.  I'll have an opinion, I'm sure I'll favor some guys over other guys in the Draft, but I'm not going to mentally marry myself to a prospect only to be disappointed.  

paul rudd good job GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Lawrence is going 1.

Fields is going 2.

Lock it up.

The only real loser last night was Sam Darnold.

Or, was he a winner?

In any case, he'll get a fresh start next year with a team that wants him.  The Colts, Saints, 49ers, Steelers, Redskins might all be interested in him and consider trading a Day 2 pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If Jacksonville doesn't draft Lawrence, they should have their franchise revoked.  

I'm very torn as to what the Jets should do at #2, but I think this game puts to rest Fields / Wilson debate.  If the Jets decide go QB, Fields will be the pick and I would be fine with that, even though deep in my core I want to give Darnold one more year.  In any other year, Fields would be the consensus #1 and the Jets cannot go wrong with him (famous last words).

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If Jacksonville doesn't draft Lawrence, they should have their franchise revoked.  

I'm very torn as to what the Jets should do at #2, but I think this game puts to rest Fields / Wilson debate.  If the Jets decide go QB, Fields will be the pick and I would be fine with that, even though deep in my core I want to give Darnold one more year.  In any other year, Fields would be the consensus #1 and the Jets cannot go wrong with him (famous last words).

Is that a Basquiat in your avatar? Gotta admit, thats a shocking level of refinement amongst these swine. ?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

Is that a Basquiat in your avatar? Gotta admit, thats a shocking level of refinement amongst these swine. ?

Yep.  My favorite painting of one of my favorite artists.  It's the one that sold for a record breaking $110 million a few years ago.  

To counterbalance my refinement, I bring my own beer to art exhibits instead of sipping on champagne. lol  :cheers:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Yep.  My favorite painting of one of my favorite artists.  It's the one that sold for a record breaking $110 million a few years ago.  

To counterbalance my refinement, I bring my own beer to art exhibits instead of sipping on champagne. lol  :cheers:

Nice man! I'm a huge Grant Wood fan. Here's my favorite from him, The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere:

Wood_Landscape.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Nice! American Gothic is a classic.  I'm partial to Death On A Ridge Road.

Love that painting, the ominous shadows and elongated telephone pole that looks like a grave marker. His landscapes inspire me. I'm just a novice but I attempted a little "homage" to his style with one of my own..

20200201_113816.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, shrekman1 said:

Fields looks great! One game. If he wins the National Championship might be a Joe Borrows scenario. Fields does remain me of Baker Mayfield  Thoughts:

There are some similarities, but I don't think Baker has any of the elite physical talents JF has. 

48 minutes ago, shrekman1 said:

Fields looks great! One game. If he wins the National Championship might be a Joe Borrows scenario. Fields does remain me of Baker Mayfield  Thoughts:

Not one game, at all. He has a history making season last year... the best TD to int ratio in CFB history.