God forbid the Jaguars select Justin Fields...

Pass on Trevor if Fields is gone?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trade out of #2 if Fields goes #1

• Yes
    • No

Hell no lol

This type of performance drastically increased the value of #2.

Either we move down for a nice haul, take Fields at #2 or we take Sewell.

If you want to make a case for someone like Carolina or Atlanta taking a Zach Wilson in the Top 10, then by all means.

Lawrence is still going #1.

You don’t go from middle school to present day phenom and have that tarnished with a 400 yard, 2 TD losing effort against one of the Top 3 recruiting factories in the country helmed by what may well be the #2 pick in the draft.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Same game as Indiana huh, 400 yards and 3 TDs?

Bad INT's is more what I was talking about.  This was the perfect storm tonight. Fields won't have this game every week and probably never again.  Clemson was put in a bad spot by Dabo. Both QB's the Jets will be lucky to have.   

5 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Bad INT's is more what I was talking about.  This was the perfect storm tonight. Fields won't have this game every week and probably never again.  Clemson was put in a bad spot by Dabo. Both QB's the Jets will be lucky to have.   

Those INTs are the most easily correctable, take the sack.

I just want the kid who reminds me of Russell Wilson. Justin Fields showed me a high level of toughness and intestinal fortitude last night by still playing after that cheap shot he received from Clemson LB, Skalski. How many quarterbacks still play, and play at such a high level after getting targeted with a helmet to the ribs like that? Fields is a bona-fide dual threat quarterback and he's built to take the inevitable punishment on Sundays in the NFL, even more so than Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Watch his first touchdown pass near the end of the first quarter, and see him stand in the pocket and make that 3rd and goal touchdown throw to Luke Farrell right before getting hit. He's the one, and for selfish reasons I hope he goes #2. 

• Upvote 4

It is laughable that many of the fans and sports media pundits are flip-flopping on Trevor Lawrence / Fields over one single game.,  Consider the entire body of work you have to examine on TL and the small sample size you have on Fields.  Also consider the poor performances you have to look at from Fields.  

Only a novice would budge even an inch on TL vs. Fields.

TL is clearly the the one that should go first,

I would also stay clear of Zach Wilson due to durability concerns. 

• Upvote 1

Happy 2021 everyone!

Fields has to have the same type of game against Bama for Jax to even begin considering him as a viable option as the #1 pick.

Regardless, Field’s performance was spectacular. How his kidney or spleen didn’t blow up after that hit is still incredible in of itself. He showed his mettle last night so I’m quite comfortable with the thought of him being a Jet.

Still, I’ve decided not  to get emotionally invested in who we should pick this time like I did three years ago.

Let’s first get to black Monday. Then let’s listen to the traditional end of year press conference. Hopefully and I really mean hopefully, CJ/Woody let JD maybe not actually choose the next coach ( I don’t see ownership doing something so bold) but hopefully they will allow JD orchestrate the process. The coaching process and head coach selection is vital. You need the right coaching to groom the right draft pick and that starts with a “football guy” like JD being in a decision of power to make all of this work out.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Happy 2021 everyone!

Fields has to have the same type of game against Bama for Jax to even begin considering him as a viable option as the #1 pick.

Regardless, Field’s performance was spectacular. How his kidney or spleen didn’t blow up after that hit is still incredible in of itself. He showed his mettle last night so I’m quite comfortable with the thought of him being a Jet.

Still, I’ve decided not  to get emotionally invested in who we should pick this time like I did three years ago.

Let’s first get to black Monday. Then let’s listen to the traditional end of year press conference. Hopefully and I really mean hopefully, CJ/Woody let JD maybe not actually choose the next coach ( I don’t see ownership doing something so bold) but hopefully they will allow JD orchestrate the process. The coaching process and head coach selection is vital. You need the right coaching to groom the right draft pick and that starts with a “football guy” like JD being in a decision of power to make all of this work out.

Excellent post.

49 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Happy 2021 everyone!

Absolutely. Regardless of who we take, if the coach and system aren't effective at developing the young QB, either of them will be busts. 

• Upvote 2

Check out the Jags forum after last night. 

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=33706&page=9

My main concern with Lawrence is he's a tall skinny kid with pretty average mechanics and there aren't many great NFL QBs you can describe that way. I wonder how he'll hold up against NFL defenses. Also the league seems to be moving towards players who are great at scrambling and improvising. While he can do it in a pinch, I don't see that as really his strong point.

The other thing I notice and I'll be the first to admit I've only seen him in a couple of games this year, is his accuracy seems average at best.

Still more upside than downside but there is some risk there.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Check out the Jags forum after last night. 

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=33706&page=9

My main concern with Lawrence is he's a tall skinny kid with pretty average mechanics and there aren't many great NFL QBs you can describe that way. I wonder how he'll hold up against NFL defenses. Also the league seems to be moving towards players who are great at scrambling and improvising. While he can do it in a pinch, I don't see that as really his strong point.

The other thing I notice and I'll be the first to admit I've only seen him in a couple of games this year, is his accuracy seems average at best.

Still more upside than downside but there is some risk there.

That post is almost as dumb as this thread.. almost 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I just want the kid who reminds me of Russell Wilson. Justin Fields showed me a high level of toughness and intestinal fortitude last night by still playing after that cheap shot he received from Clemson LB, Skalski. How many quarterbacks still play, and play at such a high level after getting targeted with a helmet to the ribs like that? Fields is a bona-fide dual threat quarterback and he's built to take the inevitable punishment on Sundays in the NFL, even more so than Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Watch his first touchdown pass near the end of the first quarter, and see him stand in the pocket and make that 3rd and goal touchdown throw to Luke Farrell right before getting hit. He's the one, and for selfish reasons I hope he goes #2. 

Fields showed a lot, but that was a tackle, not a cheap shot, come the hell on.

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Fields vs Bama is key. That game will no doubt be the deciding factor. If Meyer takes the Jags HC position than things will get real interesting.

We're in luck because Bama will destroy OSU. Fields will look average with a few ints and fumbles.

9 hours ago, Icer said:

Take whoever is on the board at 2 and walk away happy

Exactly.

Let's not get cute here.  Lawrence has been the consensus #1 for two years.  Fields was almost locked in at #2 until a shaky game or two vs. Indiana and Northwestern, allowing Wilson to creep into the discussion.  Fields reminded everyone last night why nothing has changed and has cemented himself at #2.

Take whichever one is available at #2.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DJF71 said:

You mean an INT on a tipped pass?  

Telling, right