Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, JetsRevival said:

I really like McCown and think he will be a good coach. He's seen a ton of different teams and ton of different systems. 

That said, I have no idea what this means for Watson. If they had any kind of connection or if he wanted to stay, I think we will see a tweet congratulating Culley. If we get nothing, that tells me he still wants out.

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

I agree that we may not hear the end of "Deshaun still wants a trade", but again, he has no power... Texans will not trade him. They'll wait until they reach the point of no return before they do. Ultimately, I believe Deshaun will begrudgingly return, they will surprisingly win like 6 or 7 games, bond as a team, and bury the hatchet with their sights set on a better 2022. 

Although we have different viewpoints on if he gets traded - I Fully agree the way him and his agent are going about this is horrible. Same with Jamal Adam’s. I the question just becomes like your saying when is the point of no return? 

Interesting that they are already leaking his staff. Their keeping Kelly. They want Mccown who they interviewed. Their talking about Lovie. Are they literally picking the whole staff for Cullen? Doesn’t that usually go poorly? 

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Still love how Captain America leaves some old dude stranded on the side of the road whilst stealing his car with zero hesitation...lol.

Oh yes zero ****s were given throughout that movie lol. 

BUT let me one up myself and bust out the greatest cinematic masterpiece that ever was... the first live action Nick Fury... 

David-Hasselhoff-as-Nick-Fury.jpg

220px-280px-Nick-fury-agent-of-shield-movie-poster-486x700.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

BUT let me one up myself and bust out the greatest cinematic masterpiece that ever was... the first live action Nick Fury... 

Oh like Jake from State Farm ?

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Although we have different viewpoints on if he gets traded - I Fully agree the way him and his agent are going about this is horrible. Same with Jamal Adam’s. 

Interesting that they are already leaking his staff. Their keeping Kelly. They want Mccown who they interviewed. Their talking about Lovie. Are they literally picking the whole staff for Cullen? Doesn’t that usually go poorly? 

Nah since Cullen is late in the process and all the vacancies are filled he and the Texans already know who his staff will be made up of. The Texans are probably leaking it, but I don't think it suggests they're picking his staff. They need positive PR. Deshaun loves Kelly. Deshaun loves McCown (and so does the NFL). Lovie is a respected black coach with HC experience and brought a team to a SB. Richard is a universally loved black coach. This is all about cleaning up the toxic stench the media/Deshaun's agents left... 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I read a few years ago how George Clooney (before the MCU) turned down doing a Nick Fury adaptation because it was based on the Garth Ennis “Fury MAX” books and he found it too offensive.

Shame

Clooney as Fury drinking his ass off while banging hookers and mowing down commies would’ve been epic.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I read a few years ago how George Clooney (before the MCU) turned down doing a Nick Fury adaptation because it was based on the Garth Ennis “Fury MAX” books because he found it too offensive.

Shame

Clooney as Fury drinking his ass off while banging hookers and mowing down commies would’ve been epic.

... and he chose the Bat-Nips instead. What a waste lol. 

• Haha 1

There's going to be more then one side to this story. Top down Control by Caserio and Easterby hand picking the staff so they can control them. 

Remember guys like Matt Rhule and top candidates want to control their staff. Not have the FO control that.

Caserio and Easterby have all the power here. 

50 minutes ago, football guy said:

Nah since Cullen is late in the process and all the vacancies are filled he and the Texans already know who his staff will be made up of. The Texans are probably leaking it, but I don't think it suggests they're picking his staff. They need positive PR. Deshaun loves Kelly. Deshaun loves McCown (and so does the NFL). Lovie is a respected black coach with HC experience and brought a team to a SB. Richard is a universally loved black coach. This is all about cleaning up the toxic stench the media/Deshaun's agents left... 

You also have 3 coaches who could be future HCs in Kelly, McCown, and Richard. 

The stat guys are going to criticize, but you'll see the media talk themselves into giving the Texans will get some positive PR. They'll be hailed for aiding the assembly a diverse outside-the-box coaching staff full of guys with terrific leadership qualities. No one who is respected will criticize the hires. Then the ball will be back in Deshaun's court. If he asks for a trade, some we'll inevitably look at him as a phony, a hypocrite, and a diva. Chances are he'll avoid that in the nearterm. Otherwise, they will not be moving Watson anytime soon... 

39 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm gonna ride this Watson train until it goes off the tracks haha there is zero chance I believe that Watson wants to stay with the guy who was the WR coach for the year the Chiefs had 0 TDs by a WR.

Everyone has different sources. Josina gets some good scoops. But Deshaun's agent David Mulugheta likes to talk to Schefter it seems since the Ramsey situation. Look to Schefter's tweets in next few days for Deshaun's thoughts. 

As I mentioned earlier The Texans have no cap. They have no draft picks. Theres going to be sending off Watt and rebuilding this year. This HC and Staff is all they could offer Deshaun for the whole season. This is their highpoint. 

If Deshaun comes out through Schefter in the next few days and is still out - Its over. Texans simply have nothing else to offer. 

I am also sure Deshaun will be thrilled that Jack Easterby was super impressed and was part of making this hire. I can't believe the Texans have this guy involved with this. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

There's going to be more then one side to this story. Top down Control by Caserio and Easterby hand picking the staff so they can control them. 

Remember guys like Matt Rhule and top candidates want to control their staff. Not have the FO control that.

Caserio and Easterby have all the power here. 

That sounded like this was Watson’s problem all along, if these guys have more power he won’t like that no?