Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

According to this article in the Miami Herald, Watson has literally told people he prefers the Jets. I cannot speak to how trustworthy the reporter is ... anyone?

Watson this week told people the Jets are his top preference among the teams he’d like to be traded to because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job.

Watson confirmed reports, circulated for several weeks in national media, he’d also welcome playing for the Dolphins but said that is his second choice at this time.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248718210.html

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

10 minutes ago, Beaver said:

How does Watson know Saleh?    I’m just curious why Saleh means so much to him.

This is a good question. If it's true that Watson prefers Saleh it could just be he is well respected amongst players and they all talk. I don't think there necessarily needs to be a direct connection for this to be true.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is a good question. If it's true that Watson prefers Saleh it could just be he is well respected amongst players and they all talk. I don't think there necessarily needs to be a direct connection for this to be true.

Exactly

What kind of connection does Watson have to Bieniemy? The only thing I’ve heard is that Mahomes has talked up EB to Watson.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I prefer bacon with my omelettes. If the Texans eat some of that Ludicrous salary and we only give up one of our Ones .. maybe,.

A safety got us two firsts back  a 25 year old top 5 Qb is gonna be a lot more expensive then that as he should.

Hes worth giving up a ton for.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

I would love to add Watson.  But at what price?  I see it as too costly and we are far from contenders.  My 2 cents.

He’s a an elite QB and only 25 that’s gold in today’s NFL where Qb is  by far the most important position 

You pray that if you have a high pick and take a Qb that he becomes like Watson.

You trade whatever it takes and worry about it later..

We’d still have plenty of cap room to improve the team  and we have enough picks where it probably won’t leave us completely bare of picks after the trade.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I cannot speak to how trustworthy the reporter is ... anyone?

Armando Salguero.  He is credible; does not mean he is right all the time, but he has been a long time member of the Dolphins beat.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

According to this article in the Miami Herald, Watson has literally told people he prefers the Jets. I cannot speak to how trustworthy the reporter is ... anyone?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248718210.html

He the long time Fish beat reporter.  Hes legit but a fish homer.  

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2