Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Huh? Did you miss me getting called a reverse racist tribalist? But because you agree, that’s cool? Tf is the difference? 

Trust me, I've been in your shoes on the forum before. Backed into a corner and dont want to just drop it and get back on subject for nothing other than wanting to be right. 

FFS @football guy and I probably got off to the worst start you can possibly imagine a couple weeks back in another thread, but I apologized and let it go, and now it's all civil. 

So... Deshaun Watson... ok?

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

I feel for you man. And what could be even more frustrating is if this megathread gets locked, we all know what's going to happen RE: Deshaun threads... 

image.png.d186adda347f4d2ad729644bf97e685e.png

Who cares.  Another one will open.

Not sure why people are even arguing..  does redlining still exist even if its to a lesser extent?  Yeah...  is systematic racism real..  yeah..  can people across the country do a better job listening to other peoples perspectives..  yeah..  are the people with real power and wealth better served when we argue amongst ourselves instead of focusing on the real inequality..  yes.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Trust me, I've been in your shoes on the forum before. Backed into a corner and dont want to just drop it and get back on subject for nothing other than wanting to be right. 

FFS @football guy and I probably got off to the worst start you can possibly imagine a couple weeks back in another thread, but I apologized and let it go, and now it's all civil. 

So... Deshaun Watson... ok?

If people reply with stupid sh*t, I can’t help it. Sorry. Some dude just compared redlining to businesses getting closed today. It’s a pet peeve of mine. Stupid sh*t like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

47 minutes ago, football guy said:

The hiring of Culley is the strongest indication yet that the Texans are going all in on repairing their relationship with Deshaun. Culley and Deshaun have grown their relationship since they met at the pro bowl and Deshaun looks up to him.

Where is this coming from? I thought he was all in on Bienemy?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTM said:

This isn't a debatable point. Generational wealth has measurable and far reaching impact on a families prospects.

That being said, what does this have to do with the Jets getting the best QB we've had since Namath, and maybe ever?

You’d be surprised at the amount of people arguing against that in this thread! 

anyway, you’re right 

• Upvote 2

Im seeing people on Twitter speculate Culley is for Deshaun. Seems like a lazy game of connecting the dots. They met for a week. Hes a coach for a different team. They are not allowed to speak. They don't play in the same state. I don't see it. 

Deshaun wanted Bienemy. Wouldn't that have been an indication they were going all in for Deshaun? I mean they waited this long anyway. 

Caserio interviewed many minority candidates (Caldwell, Frazier, Culley, and EB) so obviously some part of this was to appease Deshaun or in general to quiet down thoughts of their FO/ownership being racially insensitive.

But does anyone think Deshaun wanted out yesterday. They hired a guy that has never been interviewed by another team and now hes staying? No. 

Prediction: 

This came down to a candidate that was informed Deshaun MAY NOT be there and was cool with it. He was informed that they'll be trading/Cutting JJ Watt and he was okay with it. He was informed that he may need to keep Kelly as OC and he was cool with it. A candidate that realizes theres a very good chance they'll be 0-16/Full Rebuild and is cool with it. The situation screams being Fired in 2 years. Hope this guy holds out for a 5 year deal as he's near retirement. 

Deshaun's agent will again leak to Schefter tomorrow that Deshaun has played his last down for the Texans but it was nice to see the Texans finally consider minority candidates and it shouldn't have taken this long. 

Then it will begin a month of nauseating talk of who Deshaun is getting traded to. Buckle Up. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, pointman said:

You ever see that video of that douche bot getting beat up by that pre-teen kid? Only time he's ever been funny.Y

He's certainly fallen off the rails recently, but his reaction face is quite appropriate for the moment.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

Did you like the first or second sicario movie better? That first one was pretty damn good. 

First one. Every year, it gets better and better the more I think about it. That whole American frontier trilogy by Taylor Sheridan is awesome (Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River)

• Upvote 1

If people reply with stupid sh*t, I can’t help it. Sorry. Some dude just compared redlining to businesses getting closed today. It’s a pet peeve of mine. Stupid sh*t like that.

I don't like seeing people get banned but can temporarily put this person on read-only? 

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Im seeing people on Twitter speculate Culley is for Deshaun. Seems like a lazy game of connecting the dots. They met for a week. Hes a coach for a different team. They are not allowed to speak. They don't play in the same state. I don't see it. 

Deshaun wanted Bienemy. Wouldn't that have been an indication they were going all in for Deshaun? I mean they waited this long anyway. 

Caserio interviewed many minority candidates (Caldwell, Frazier, Culley, and EB) so obviously some part of this was to appease Deshaun or in general to quiet down thoughts of their FO/ownership being racially insensitive.

But does anyone think Deshaun wanted out yesterday. They hired a guy that has never been interviewed by another team and now hes staying? No. 

Prediction: 

This came down to a candidate that was informed Deshaun MAY NOT be there and was cool with it. He was informed that they'll be trading/Cutting JJ Watt and he was okay with it. He was informed that he may need to keep Kelly as OC and he was cool with it. A candidate that realizes theres a very good chance they'll be 0-16 and is cool with it. The situation screams being Fired in 2 years. Hope this guy holds out for a 5 year deal as he's near retirement. 

Deshaun's agent will again leak to Schefter tomorrow that Deshaun has played his last down for the Texans but it was nice to see the Texans finally consider minority candidates and it shouldn't have taken this long. 

Then it will begin a month of nauseating talk of who Deshaun is getting traded to. Buckle Up. 

this all makes more sense than this idea that Deshaun is all <3<3 over some dude who coached him in that pro bowl one time.

• Upvote 1

You’d be surprised at the amount of people arguing against that in this thread! 

anyway, you’re right 

Nobody should be arguing it because this isn't a politics or economics forum.

Talk football.  Keep it on football.

Just now, Tranquilo said:

First one. Every year, it gets better and better the more I think about it. That whole American frontier trilogy by Taylor Sheridan is awesome (Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River)

Didn't know it was all the same person. Interesting. All three enjoyable movies. Wind River was.. a tough watch at points. Jeffrey Donovan is awesome.

• Upvote 1

Just now, football guy said:

I don't like seeing people get banned but can temporarily put this person on read-only? 

You see how you keep it up when there were no more sh*t replies and I’ve moved on? Can we put you as read only? Or maybe learn how to read? 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I get it. But for the sake of your own sanity, and wanting to continue to post on the board without eventually getting banned, when it starts getting that deep, just walk away. 

Your pride/ego will only bruise for a couple hours, trust me I've been there. Far too intricate of a debate to have on an internet message board about the Jets. 

Now show me a nerd gif and start talking about Deshaun. 

Just now, JTJet said:

I get it. But for the sake of your own sanity, and wanting to continue to post on the board without eventually getting banned, when it starts getting that deep, just walk away. 

Your pride/ego will only bruise for a couple hours, trust me I've been there. Far too intricate of a debate to have on an internet message board about the Jets. 

Now show me a nerd gif and start talking about Deshaun. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11600291

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Prediction: 

This came down to a candidate that was informed Deshaun MAY NOT be there and was cool with it. He was informed that they'll be trading/Cutting JJ Watt and he was okay with it. He was informed that he may need to keep Kelly as OC and he was cool with it. A candidate that realizes theres a very good chance they'll be 0-16/Full Rebuild and is cool with it. The situation screams being Fired in 2 years. Hope this guy holds out for a 5 year deal as he's near retirement. 

Why not just demand a trade then?  Make it public.  Otherwise, he just playing games.  Some ulterior motive