Chris Simms: Deshaun Watson prepared to sit out 2021

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I said 2 weeks ago this would Implode and that Douglas should just be patient and he has been. If the Jets truly want Watson they should let this continue to spiral out of control and we get more and more leverage. What Houston should be doing at this point is also shopping JJ Watt because they will have to go into full re-build mode as this will probably destroy their locker room a  well.

2021 Houston Texans

AD07D4A4-031E-474A-877F-5E1A7F9767A9.png

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Watson will feel better playing for saleh and getting away from an owner and GM he does not like

the only reason Deshaun Watson would like Woody Johnson, is because he hasn't met him yet

this dude isn't running a Super Church and he did hire Saleh but on the other hand he brokered the Tim Tebow trade

there's probably more in common between Bob McNair and Woody Johnson than anyone would care to admit 

which is why their teams are picking 2 and 3 in the draft, respectively. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Yeh wouldn't want to be Bell... Who is *checks notes* playing in the super bowl this weekend 

Meme Staring GIF by 60 Second Docs

Yeah, but on a contract that pays him max, with incentives, $1.69M  Probably won't be making much more then that next year.

Yeah, he got to rape Mac who bidded against himself, but Bell cost himself Millions by not accepting the Steelers contract when you consider the Missed year.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

What is the mathematical likelihood?

Jets have 10 draft picks, 2 first rounders, a poor talent team (2 wins).  two first rounders next year.

Houston has watson, 8 draft picks, no first rounders and a poor talent team (4 wins). one 1st rounder next year.

The trade as being speculated on and after the trade the two teams simply change places.

We have the Qb and they have the picks.

But the jets are suddenly in a much better place than the texans for some reason?

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jets have 10 draft picks, 2 first rounders, a poor talent team (2 wins).  two first rounders next year.

Houston has watson, 8 draft picks, no first rounders and a poor talent team (4 wins). one 1st rounder next year.

The trade as being speculated on and after the trade the two teams simply change places.

We have the Qb and they have the picks.

But the jets are suddenly in a much better place than the texans for some reason?

The Jets are in a better place because Proven Talent > unproven draft picks.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Its the truth. A Young fqb is worth 5 1st round picks simply because NOBODY has ever been able To draft one every 5 years. Nobody! Ever! Its a once every 20 year thing 

plus we have the pics to trade and still have full or near full drafts. Whats the issue?

Its as simple as that. Dont overthink this

Once every 20 years? We’ll all be back in 2041.

2 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Adams plus Quinnen plus Beckton plus no QB = 2 wins

Yes and?  Add watson with no talent and no high picks to get better and we are houston a 4 win team.

Houston as they are, are in as good of a place as the jets would be if we trade for watson.

As I said, for watson he gets to play with a coach he likes and gets away from ownership he does not like.  He is not going to a better situation team or talent wise though.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes and?  Add watson with no talent and no high picks to get better and we are houston a 4 win team.

Houston as they are, are in as good of a place as the jets would be if we trade for watson.

As I said, for watson he gets to play with a coach he likes and gets away from ownership he does not like.  He is not going to a better situation team or talent wise though.

Watson will be in a better place in three years though.  

In three years, we're better off with Watson than with Genold and 3 unproven first rounders.

29 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Once every 20 years? We’ll all be back in 2041.

Tell me what team has drafted 2 franchise qb's in say a 10 year span?

Do you disagree that the jets havent drafted a FQB in 45 years?

Thats my point. and everyone is worrying about a few first rounders???

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Tell me what team has drafted 2 franchise qb's in say a 10 year span?

Do you disagree that the jets havent drafted a FQB in 45 years?

Thats my point. and everyone is worrying about a few first rounders???

Because Watson isn’t good enough to win with a crappy roster

18 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Watson will be in a better place in three years though.  

In three years, we're better off with Watson than with Genold and 3 unproven first rounders.

No he won't.  The ability for the jets to improve in three years is = to the ability of houston to improve.

2 minutes ago, dcJet said:

no way man.  You must think Watson sucks.

Not at all he is a really good QB.  But saying that the jets are in a way better spot than houton is right now with watson is totally faulty based on current team talent and ability to improve that talent.

The whole basis for your and others arguments would be 'the jets will draft great and houston will draft poorly' that is the only metric that shows one team is better with the QB.

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not at all he is a really good QB.  But saying that the jets are in a way better spot than houton is right now with watson is totally faulty based on current team talent and ability to improve that talent.

The whole basis for your and others arguments would be 'the jets will draft great and houston will draft poorly' that is the only metric that shows one team is better with the QB.

You missed my point.  I can see where my point was ambiguous.

Back to the meat.  The Jets are way better off trading for Watson, than not trading for Watson and taking their chances on 3 unproven first rounders.

57 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets are in a much better position than the Texans solely because they're not being run by a cult leader.

5 minutes ago, dcJet said:

You missed my point.  I can see where my point was ambiguous.

Back to the meat.  The Jets are way better off trading for Watson, than not trading for Watson and taking their chances on 3 unproven first rounders.

My issue with this is that people who say this say, meh 3 unproven 1st rounders trade for watson, then proceed to tell me how we are going to build a great team via drafting guys from round two and lower.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

My issue with this is that people who say this say, meh 3 unproven 1st rounders trade for watson, then proceed to tell me how we are going to build a great team via drafting guys from round two and lower.

We are building a championship team through the draft. Its been working really well for us so far. Homemade talent all over this roster. 

• Haha 1

Houston is screwed.  This could happen...

Watson remains incommunicado.  

New coaches? New playbook? Deshaun doesn't even meet them or read them.     

No show for manditory mimi-camp if they have one.  Holds out training camp for the measly fine ~ 100K .

Reports for the first game, gets paid, doesn't know the plays, hurts his back like Trent Williams. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Your talking about 2 extra players assuming one goes to draft a QB.  I don't get it.  

5 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Your talking about 2 extra players assuming one goes to draft a QB.  I don't get it.  

People are talking three first rounders, as in #2 this year and 23 this year and one of the picks next year.

If the jets trade down this year they add probably two or more high picks over the next couple of years.  Also one or both of the picks next year could be very high.

If the Jets trade down from #2 which  has MASSIVE value the end trade for watson could look like this.

Devonta Smith - WR

Alija vera-tucker - OT

Pat Friermuth - TE

Javonte Williams - RB

two 2022 1st round picks for trading down

the 2022 1st round pick you did not trade for watson

(you actually  end up with four 1st round picks next year in which to get a new QB if necessary)

for Deshaun Watson

And this is how you have to look at it.  It is all too easy to just go three 1st rounders for watson, its what you can turn those picks into that matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, David Harris said:

Says he has a source- I don’t see a reason why Chris Simms wouldn’t have a source

I want to believe Simms has a source. He even says it is someone he knows and trusts. So, we are to believe that someone Chris Simms knows and trusts is in Deshaun Watson's inner circle? I feel like they wouldn't have common "friends". Agents maybe. Friends no.

To me, it seems like media manipulation in the hope that it will scare the Texans into a trade.