Chris Simms: Deshaun Watson prepared to sit out 2021

NFL rumors: Texans’ Deshaun Watson threatening to sit out 2021 season to force a trade

Updated 4:52 PM; Today 4:16 PM
Deshaun Watson

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson reportedly is willing to sit out the 2021 season.(AP Photo/Eric Christian Smith)

The game of chicken being played between the Houston Texans and quarterback Deshaun Watson is beginning to intensify.

Get a free bet for the Super Bowl

As a new customer, you can get free bets on the Super Bowl. We have put together a list of the best NFL betting offers available.

View the latest and best Super Bowl free bets and offers

On NBC Sports Network’s Pro Football Talk, former NFL quarterback Chris Simms said he feels like Watson will not return to play for the Texans and could sit out next season in order to force Houston to trade him.

“There’s no way that Deshaun Watson will play for the Houston Texans again,” Simms said. “I have been told by somebody that I trust that says Deshaun Watson will not play for the Houston Texans ever again, and he’s willing to sit out football for the year if he has to. That’s where I’ve been led to understand this situation and where it’s at right now, and like I said, it’s someone that I trust very much.”

Watson had asked for a trade before the Texans hired their new head coach, David Culley. Simms also said that with everything going on with the Texans, including Watson wanting to leave the team, it would be hard to lure players when free agency begins.

“No player in their right mind wants to go down there and play for that football team right now. There are only 32 teams that you can play for, and there is a salary cap and free agency, and there is only so much money that can go around, so guys are going to be there,” Simms said. “But if it is apples to apples and it comes down to Houston and another team, with the same exact offer and opportunity to play, they’re going to take the other team. There is no doubt about that.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

NFL rumors: Texans’ Deshaun Watson threatening to sit out 2021 season to force a trade

Updated 4:52 PM; Today 4:16 PM
Deshaun Watson

Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson reportedly is willing to sit out the 2021 season.(AP Photo/Eric Christian Smith)

The game of chicken being played between the Houston Texans and quarterback Deshaun Watson is beginning to intensify.

Get a free bet for the Super Bowl

As a new customer, you can get free bets on the Super Bowl. We have put together a list of the best NFL betting offers available.

View the latest and best Super Bowl free bets and offers

On NBC Sports Network’s Pro Football Talk, former NFL quarterback Chris Simms said he feels like Watson will not return to play for the Texans and could sit out next season in order to force Houston to trade him.

“There’s no way that Deshaun Watson will play for the Houston Texans again,” Simms said. “I have been told by somebody that I trust that says Deshaun Watson will not play for the Houston Texans ever again, and he’s willing to sit out football for the year if he has to. That’s where I’ve been led to understand this situation and where it’s at right now, and like I said, it’s someone that I trust very much.”

Watson had asked for a trade before the Texans hired their new head coach, David Culley. Simms also said that with everything going on with the Texans, including Watson wanting to leave the team, it would be hard to lure players when free agency begins.

“No player in their right mind wants to go down there and play for that football team right now. There are only 32 teams that you can play for, and there is a salary cap and free agency, and there is only so much money that can go around, so guys are going to be there,” Simms said. “But if it is apples to apples and it comes down to Houston and another team, with the same exact offer and opportunity to play, they’re going to take the other team. There is no doubt about that.”

It's bullshiy he isnt sitting out 

• Upvote 1

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/deshaun-watson-takes-step-in-breaking-up-with-texans/

Deshaun Watson, athlete.

The disgruntled quarterback removed all Texans references and logos from his Instagram and Twitter bios. Where there once was a Texans photo, according to the Houston Chronicle, Watson now identifies himself as just an “athlete” on Instagram.

Removing all references to a team on social media has become a popular new way for athletes who want out of a current situation to convey their message and create distance from the team affiliation.

Some in his situation take it to the next level by scrubbing all past images, too, but Watson did not go to that extreme: Old images of Watson in Texans gear remain on his account.

Mission Accomplished Success GIF by THE NEXT STEP

How to ditch your old lady for the sweet new shaved head hottie in NY

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/deshaun-watson-takes-step-in-breaking-up-with-texans/

Deshaun Watson, athlete.

The disgruntled quarterback removed all Texans references and logos from his Instagram and Twitter bios. Where there once was a Texans photo, according to the Houston Chronicle, Watson now identifies himself as just an “athlete” on Instagram.

Removing all references to a team on social media has become a popular new way for athletes who want out of a current situation to convey their message and create distance from the team affiliation.

Some in his situation take it to the next level by scrubbing all past images, too, but Watson did not go to that extreme: Old images of Watson in Texans gear remain on his account.

Ohh now you really did it. @joewilly12 himself posted this a looooong time ago. Now the "Repost in a new thread" cops are really going to get you. udead

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Says he has a source- I don’t see a reason why Chris Simms wouldn’t have a source

There is a 50/50 chance at best he actually has a source. 

Its clickbait season and that was easy money for him to type up. 

Dummies, if he removed texans logos from his social media, then this is 100% True. He is never playing for the texans again!

more and more the jets become a reality. Just give them darnold and 4 first round pics. We would f up those selections anyways and nobody hits on a watson Type player every 4 years ....so he is easily worth it.

on toP of that were still not crippled In the draft. Were in an amazing position to do this and still draft well

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dummies, if he removed texans logos from his social media, then this is 100% True. He is never playing for the texans again!

more and more the jets become a reality. Just give them darnold and 4 first round pics. We would f up those selections anyways and nobody hits on a watson Type player every 4 years ....so he is easily worth it.

on toP of that were still not crippled In the draft. Were in an amazing position to do this and still draft well

Is this sarcasm?

Its the truth. A Young fqb is worth 5 1st round picks simply because NOBODY has ever been able To draft one every 5 years. Nobody! Ever! Its a once every 20 year thing 

plus we have the pics to trade and still have full or near full drafts. Whats the issue?

Its as simple as that. Dont overthink this

• Haha 3

I have never seen a player on Watson's level hold out and stay with the team. There are people that believe somehow the Texans will force him stay and I just can't see it whatsoever. He's getting traded. 

It just seems like it's going to happen near the draft. Brand new FO. Do the texans even have all their scouts yet? I would think they would need to spend time with the top QB's before making a decision. 

We are like 3 months from this trade Happening. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Its the truth. A Young fqb is worth 5 1st round picks simply because NOBODY has ever been able To draft one every 5 years. Nobody! Ever! Its a once every 20 year thing 

plus we have the pics to trade and still have full or near full drafts. Whats the issue?

Are you the "My Pillow Guy"

• WTF? 1

so basically watson wants to go to a winning team.  i can understand his frustration with the texans and their lack of success but at the same time the whole concept of team is to work together with your team mates and this doesn't mean necessarily ditching them for greener pastures.  not every player can play for the chiefs.  this is getting to be too much like the nba where players pick and chose the teams they want to play for.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, HighPitch said:

C9776881-5023-469C-B2AA-CFA52E9D9D07.gif