This is how Mahomes would look if the Jets drafted him in 2017!

19 minutes ago, genot said:

Hows the Jet's o-line. Sucks. How are the Jet's at WR. Need help, bad. How has the Jet's running game bean, the last three years. It sucked. Do you like Gase and his scheme and olay calling. Gase is the worst. Needs to be fired. Is Gase a good communicator. He sucks. Doesn't communicate with anyone. Does any of this matter. No. Darnold sucks. Get my point.

Yes, the team sucked this year -  Darnold was a huge part of that suckage.  

It's interesting how you guys never say stuff like "the WRs didn't play well, but they had the worst ranked QB in the league throwing to them." It's always the other way around. The presumption is always that Sam is being held back by his surroundings, as opposed to the other 10 offensive players being held back by a bad QB. 

Imagine if we treated every OL, WR, TE and running back on the team the way that you treat Sam? We'd never replace anybody. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, genot said:

Hows the Jet's o-line. Sucks. How are the Jet's at WR. Need help, bad. How has the Jet's running game bean, the last three years. It sucked. Do you like Gase and his scheme and olay calling. Gase is the worst. Needs to be fired. Is Gase a good communicator. He sucks. Doesn't communicate with anyone. Does any of this matter. No. Darnold sucks. Get my point.

You have it in reverse.  The Jets o-line and WR's and Gase suck more because of Sam. If we had Mahomes, they would actually suck less.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's interesting how you guys never say stuff like "the WRs didn't play well, but they had the worst ranked QB in the league throwing to them." It's always the other way around. The presumption is always that Sam is being held back by his surroundings, as opposed to the other 10 offensive players being held back by a bad QB. 

Imagine if we treated every OL, WR, TE and running back on the team the way that you treat Sam? We'd never replace anybody. 

Nothing im saying is a sure thing with regards to Darnold. When i read what you and others say, it's a sure thing Darnold sucks.Maybe the talent around Darnold sucked, because he sucked. Could be the other way around. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, genot said:

Nothing im saying is a sure thing with regards to Darnold. When i read what you and others say, it's a sure thing Darnold sucks.Maybe the talent around Darnold sucked, because he sucked. Could be the other way around. 

Nothing is a sure thing, but I think Darnold sucks, yes. 

I guess I have more conviction on this topic than you do. 

13 minutes ago, dcJet said:

You have it in reverse.  The Jets o-line and WR's and Gase suck more because of Sam. If we had Mahomes, they would actually suck less.

Perriman was a bust ever since he was drafted. Mims was a rookie, without the benefit of a training camp. Not to mention missing the 1st 7 games because he was injured. Other than Becton is a bunch of journymen castoffs from other teams.The only good WR we have, who proved himself before he got here, was Crowder. He's done rather well with Darnold throwing his way

• Upvote 1

The  question posed by the thread is not whether Mahomes would suck with us or not. The relevant question for us is: Do we go for a qb like Watson, knowing that the cupboards are bear around him, or do we built a good team first. Mahomes is better than Darnold obviously, but the point is, he wouldn't be that great without a solid enough team behind him. A great qb isn't enough.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

2 hours ago, dcJet said:

2 hours ago, dcJet said:

Darnold ruined Gase.   ?

Yea... but ya know... then there are games like last night, where clearly the best young player in the NFL looked like the bag of dogsh*t Billy Madison would light on fire and leave outside of people's front door.

And Mahomes sucked yesterday because his team around him, and his coaches, put him in terrible situations... and then he compounded upon those problems by running around like a headless chicken and throwin' up  'turnaround-fade-away-no-look jumpers' - guy was lucky he was only intercepted twice.

I guess there's just some of us that think situation and context counts for a lot of success in life, and in sports, and that Pat Mahomes performance yesterday was a good illustration of that point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

We're seriously talking about a BYU quarterback that played two-hand touch all year against cupcakes and the Ohio State quarterback that's Harvey Dent game to game, drive to drive, play to play. 

Those are the choices @ 2. They both have incredible upside and a low floor. 

I guarantee you there will be players like that next year in the first round. I bet you if we trade down we can have three firsts next year, easy.

We also need 3/5 of an offensive line, skill position players all over, a genuine playmaker and mismatch somewhere on offense... and not to mention corners, edge players and coverage LB's for our brand new 4-3. 

Darnold can be a bridge for one year while we build a good situation to develop the next quarterback. And if somehow he turns it around, great, but more than likely we move on. 

Either way, we're not forcing a move that doesn't need to be made this year because of BYU Pennington and Ohio State Darnold 2.0. 

I don't know anything about these prospects and don't pretend to either.

Except maybe BYU doesn't play two-hand touch and Darnold has shown himself to be the bad version of Harvey Dent more than the good one. Including his own final year at USC didn't he start out with a string of multi-pick games? Why is that totally unimportant for him, where he gets a 4th NFL season, but others can't even be considered in the draft in the first place? I'm just not seeing what he's done that should get the whole team & coaching staff to sacrifice themselves for his 4th straight tryout. 

The OL will be minimum 4/5 solved between FA and the draft. (The 2/5 you mention, plus there should be one higher-level FA plus I can't believe Douglas wouldn't commit at least one day 1 or 2 pick for another. Beyond that the guy on the bubble I'm expecting to be Fant, unless they can sign 2 FAs who aren't Lewis/VanRoten placeholders.)

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of what happened to Justin.

Bama does not rely on one specific guy to be great, but focuses on all phases, and OSU was beat in all phases.

What did we all hear about OSU leading up to the game? "Justin is gonna have to be even better..."

They did not say that about Mac....

Tampa did not rely on one guy being great; KC always did. Prior to Pat, Reid was a choke artist. Great teams always beat great QBs. Proof? Look at Tom's 3 SB losses. Tom was by far the best QB in all 3 of them.

Then there is Marino and Moon.....

On 2/8/2021 at 11:03 AM, football guy said:

He always walks funny though. No bs lol like look how he walks to the sideline with his head tilted and in a weird pace every game. I've always been like wut 

Patrick Mahomes will undergo surgery to repair a torn plantar plate in his foot.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Mahomes "will almost certainly be off the field" for most of the offseason as he recovers from surgery on the turf toe that hampered his mobility in the postseason. Mahomes, who suffered the injury in the Divisional Round against the Browns, was seen limping after almost every play during the Chiefs' blowout loss to Tampa in Super Bowl LV. Apparently not even two weeks of rest could do the trick for the superstar QB. He should be ready to roll for the start of the 2021 season. 

14 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Lol this video is ridiculous but it does kind of allude to what I was talking about, as do the comments. 

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Patrick Mahomes will undergo surgery to repair a torn plantar plate in his foot.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Mahomes "will almost certainly be off the field" for most of the offseason as he recovers from surgery on the turf toe that hampered his mobility in the postseason. Mahomes, who suffered the injury in the Divisional Round against the Browns, was seen limping after almost every play during the Chiefs' blowout loss to Tampa in Super Bowl LV. Apparently not even two weeks of rest could do the trick for the superstar QB. He should be ready to roll for the start of the 2021 season. 

And?

51 minutes ago, football guy said:

Gotcha. I didn’t doubt that he was injured that’s why I said jokes aside. Point was that I don’t think Mahomes was at all to blame. He still would’ve played well had his OL/coaches didn’t fail him 

Todd Bowles put together one helluva defensive plan against KC cant deny that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles put together one helluva defensive plan against KC cant deny that. 

An absolute clinic. And while Todd deserves credit, I think the guys who deserve the most were the the TB DL. They had an easier matchup than usual but this is a game of inches and a game of milliseconds and they didn't let up for a second. Barrett, JPP, McLendon, Vea, Suh all saved their best pass rushing performances for last

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, football guy said:

An absolute clinic. And while Todd deserves credit, I think the guys who deserve the most were the the TB DL. They had an easier matchup than usual but this is a game of inches and a game of milliseconds and they didn't let up for a second. Barrett, JPP, McLendon, Vea, Suh all saved their best pass rushing performances for last

That coupled with the speed at the LB position with David and White allowed Bowles to keep 2 high safeties and completely cover the middle of the field. 

I keep finding these post very amusing. So many with such strong opinions- one way or the other. Sounds a little familiar- no? 

Just like the other situation we won’t talk about here. I will keep a level head and be willing to entertain whatever is the best option for the NYJ. I’ll continue to tune in though.?

bill hader popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live