The Redheaded Stepchild Trifecta, Genius Master Plan!?

Hey thanks for stopping by!

Let me just start by saying that this is an idea! I'm not jumping up and down on any tables. The off-season is in its infancy and there's a lot of options.

I think the QB room like every position on a football team needs competition, tiers, and levels. Hear me out please.

So let's say we keep Sam Darnold, draft Zach Wilson with the second overall pick, and bring back the Fitzmagic!?

3 QBs with similar-size, strengths, talents and capabilities. However three totally different levels of experience. The Jets have a new coaching staff and they're installing a totally new offense. How about a legit QB competition for the starting job!?

Sam is lost in space right now and has no reference as to what is good or bad, and will be in his third Pro system. The Young Buck nipping at his heels might light a fire under his ass.

Hell of a lot better than Morgan, and Flacco!

Fitzmagic is a well-traveled wiseass veteran that brings moxi and experience to the table almost to the level of Jedi.

They gave so much props to McCown and I said from day one that Sam reminded me more of Fitzmagic and that he would have been a better mentor.

You can't deny that they have very similar styles as QB's. Also keep in mind we will have two first-round quarterbacks available for trade in the future whilst keeping all of our picks and not trading them all for Deshaun Watson.

We will still have all of our money in free agency to beef up the Oline, CB, Edge, WR whatever.

Like I said it's just an idea, the Redheaded Stepchild thing as we are the N.Y.J.'s, I think it's symbolic LOL!

JD has done a good job with leaving us open with plenty of options. I think a QB room with these three guys and a legitimate quarterback competition and new system will bring the best out of all of them.

You want to draft an injury-prone QB and then bring Fitz in to be a backup?  

I had to stop there LOL.

Okay...now that I got that out.  I've gone on record saying I'm not as big a Wilson fan as many of you.  But drafting him and keeping Sam and then bringing in a vet feels like a massively overcrowded QB room.  Teams don't seem to carry 3 viable QBs anymore.  But 3 QBs with no clear starter (because we know Fitz will want to start) doesn't feel like good chemistry for the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Wouldn’t it be kind of hard to get them all enough reps? Especially if we have another abbreviated pre-season again. That old adage, if you have two QBs you don’t have one. Plus Fitz is not McCown type mentor by a long shot, you bring him back and all he will try and do is start. 

If they bring Fitz in, Darnold and Wilson will immediately have their life and health insurance policies cancelled for being too high risk.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You want to draft an injury-prone QB and then bring Fitz in to be a backup?  

I had to stop there LOL.

Okay...now that I got that out.  I've gone on record saying I'm not as big a Wilson fan as many of you.  But drafting him and keeping Sam and then bringing in a vet feels like a massively overcrowded QB room.  Teams don't seem to carry 3 viable QBs anymore.  But 3 QBs with no clear starter (because we know Fitz will want to start) doesn't feel like good chemistry for the team.

Who's injury prone?

Don't like the idea of keeping Sam and drafting Wilson/Fields.  Not enough reps to go around to rehab Sam at the same time trying to develop the rookie.  If we draft a QB at 2, then most of our resources should be devoted to developing that guy.  In that case an experienced vet back up makes perfect sense, then I am more interested in the 30+ year old vet back-up (Fitz, Dalton, Flacco, etc).  Trade Sam and use the extra pick on OL or weapons for the rookie.

If we keep Sam, I would like to see a younger vet as competition (Mariota, Winston, Brisset, Beathard).  A guy in his 20s, who if he beats Sam in camp could be a long term solution.

just say no to fitzy.  much as was pretty decent in 2015 he helped cause the issues of 2016 by staying out of camp while mac dithered.  okay, the bulk of that is on mac but at the same time if fitzy wanted to be a team leader he would've made his presence known.  he didn't.  eff him.