Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

46 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

CTM was first with the Miller reveal, and Jville was right behind him.  Now, I haven’t played long enough to know if that is a brilliant reaction play by JV if he’s scum. But I’d smoke out other guys first. 

My character description shared adjectives that Crusher has admitted (“He likes to fight/****”) so I have him as town.  

Of the rest, 12/12 have revealed Miller, so clearly someone is lying. I’m pretty confident it’s Stark because he voted me, and he’s acting like a jerk. 

The “you’re a jerk” case akways holds up. I like it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I also found the case on Stark to be intriguing.  The one where he didn't argue to slow play things.  Speaking of which, haven't seen him around in a while.

In other words, @Drums, based on the order in which Millers claimed, I'd be most willing to lynch from the pool below today, + Stark:

1. CTM
  2. jvill
  3. Crusher
  4. JC
  5. Greenseed
  6. Stark
  7. JiF
  8. Ape
  9. 80
  10. JETS
  11. Drums
  12. Barry

After 2 or 3 claims it's pretty easy for scum to throw themselves into the miller pile. I don't like that you're painting so many people as exhibiting "miller behavior" because of relatively early claims. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

After 2 or 3 claims it's pretty easy for scum to throw themselves into the miller pile. I don't like that you're painting so many people as exhibiting "miller behavior" because of relatively early claims. 

All we have to go on is the Miller claims.  The ones that were weird (like Stark's could have been) or late just make more sense to me to look at on D1.  After we have a dead body or 2, we can recalibrate accordingly.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Obviously I don't expect all of town to be Millers.  But I do think it's probably an all but 1 or 2 situation, with the rest of the non-Millers being scum.  So anyone who didn't exhibit Miller-like behavior sticks out.  Barry and the late Miller claimers are the people I'm most willing to lynch today.  

Define “Miller like” behavior

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Saying whether someone is likely town or scum is different than assessing the validity of the case.  Even if JC is indeed scum, the current case for why he is would be f**king stupid regardless.

OMG, Im putting you on ignore because if your scum I don't even want to know. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I also found the case on Stark to be intriguing.  The one where he didn't argue to slow play things.  Speaking of which, haven't seen him around in a while.

In other words, @Drums, based on the order in which Millers claimed, I'd be most willing to lynch from the pool below today, + Stark:

1. CTM
  2. jvill
  3. Crusher
  4. JC
  5. Greenseed
  6. Stark
  7. JiF
  8. Ape
  9. 80
  10. JETS
  11. Drums
  12. Barry

Did you include yourself on your willing to lynch list on purpose? I mean I know you’re a master of self pleasure and all but this seems like a dangerous step too far.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JC being intentionally obtuse/lazy has been his MO on D1 for like years now.  It's a null tell.  Nothing he's done has stood out as scummy whatsoever.  

He contradicted himself 3 times in about 1 1/2 pages. Claimed to ISO Barry but then didn’t know why Barry was voting me. Called Barry’s case on me weak, then voted me. Explained his vote on me as me hiding even though I had just posted not too long and said his goal today was to push interaction, then when he gets heat for it he’s no longer around.

I mean yeah, I get he’s a wild card and tough to read on D1, but at a certain point strange behavior has to be called out and pushed. It seems like you’re arguing to just let it go cause JC gonna JC.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

He contradicted himself 3 times in about 1 1/2 pages. Claimed to ISO Barry but then didn’t know why Barry was voting me. Called Barry’s case on me weak, then voted me. Explained his vote on me as me hiding even though I had just posted not too long and said his goal today was to push interaction, then when he gets heat for it he’s no longer around.

I mean yeah, I get he’s a wild card and tough to read on D1, but at a certain point strange behavior has to be called out and pushed. It seems like you’re arguing to just let it go cause JC gonna JC.

It's not lost on me that JC acts a certain way early on but I would not describe his behavior today as JC being JC. My vote was initially just based on the stuff where he claimed to iso and was not too serious. Maybe that in a vacuum you can chalk up to JC being JC. But then he got more awkward as that exchange went on (as you described) and I like my vote better. 

Just read back and I will say that JCs quick vote on Barry was weird and then the switch to Jvill after a he said Barry had a “weak case” was worse.

5 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

When I posted there were only three of us in the thread.  He bolted.  Pretty sure he's hiding.  Guess you lost interest...lol.

I also disagree with this post. Just because someone was reading through the thread doesn’t mean they’re hiding or that he bolted. 

unvote vote JC

Are we there yet?  

FTR...I just tried to encourage some action as the game had grounded to a halt.  Also, wanted to see if Barry would jump back.  I'll go back to playing like some others and lay low till mid game.  I mean it's day 1 and I have a minimal investment and unlike some of you I have zero partners to risk offending.  Do what ya feel.    

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Are we there yet?  

FTR...I just tried to encourage some action as the game had grounded to a halt.  Also, wanted to see if Barry would jump back.  I'll go back to playing like some others and lay low till mid game.  I mean it's day 1 and I have a minimal investment and unlike some of you I have zero partners to risk offending.  Do what ya feel.    

lame, super lame.  

13 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Are we there yet?  

Well you got some action. What do you make of Barry not jumping back?

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

His immediate reaction to CTM's claim did not jive with him being a Miller.  His first post, which came after 3 Miller claims, was him saying "Woah, quickest claim ever".  Anyone who rolled Miller immediately understood why someone would claim that quickly.  

And with so many Miller claims, anything different is noteworthy/scummy.  

You would think right? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Are we there yet?  

Yeah, you just do you. These fools don’t even know 

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When you moved to jvill there was only my vote on you and 2 on jvill (ape, you). I could have hopped back onto jvill and made him the leading train. Explain this sh*t.

I wanted to see how strongly you would hold to your position on Jvill.  You think I try this as scum?  I would've just let the train build on you especially after Drums had moved to you.  I was trying to isolate you and your position.   

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

I wanted to see how strongly you would hold to your position on Jvill.  You think I try this as scum?  I would've just let the train build on you especially after Drums had moved to you.  I was trying to isolate you and your position.   

Boom! JC is old school G, let him work. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Kinda weird since I already agreed that it wasn't a strong case. But fair point about my train building.

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Yep, exactly what I'm arguing.  If JC being JC is the best we have right now then that's a pretty lame end result of a pretty active first day.  

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

I strongly disagree.  He has votes based on very odd play.

Would you prefer a no reason boring thoughtless D1 JF80 train? 

Have ya met JC? 

And yes, a train on me would be equally valuable right now.  Probably why I'm stating as much.  Boring D1 trains are boring.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, exactly what I'm arguing.  If JC being JC is the best we have right now then that's a pretty lame end result of a pretty active first day.  

JC may be scum but nothing I’ve seen so far makes me think that anymore than him signing up to play , he pushes action day 1. Also gotten himself in trouble doing that day 1 as well. Really like to kill Barry.  CTM, Jvill and you I’m not killing today. Especially you, that shits too depressing. 

• Upvote 1