Ty Johnson

Philc1

Johnson and Herndon should be the biggest beneficiaries of the new coaching staff.  Adding several skill guys who are great blockers should also spell some big runs for this offense if the OL is even average.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Jets got lucky for once and found a gem off the street with this guy. Averaged 4.6 ypc last season.  If you watch the below tape of highlights notice how all his big plays he’s running on Becton 

i wouldn't exactly put this guy in a hall of fame but he still showed something in limited action and it would be great if he can take advantage and be a good back for the jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I’m surprised we haven’t brought in a cheap veteran running back thru free agency yet. But Johnson and Perine should get the majority of the workload I’d assume next year. Douglas will draft a running back but it won’t be a high pick. Maybe round 3 or 4 he’ll target one 

Ty Johnson and Adams looked pretty good in limited time last year. I'm optimistic they can be a part of a solid RB rotation in a scheme that doesn't ask a lot of the RB position. I'm hopeful I'm wrong on Perine, but IMO from what I saw of him last year I just don't see anything other than a JAG who would rank 3rd amongst our current RBs. I still would not feel the need to make a major investment at the position but wouldn't mind them using an early day 3 pick on another speed guy like a Chubba Hubbard in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m surprised we haven’t brought in a cheap veteran running back thru free agency yet. But Johnson and Perine should get the majority of the workload I’d assume next year. Douglas will draft a running back but it won’t be a high pick. Maybe round 3 or 4 he’ll target one 

Perine as a backup/3rd down back is serviceable

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

We still could.  There was a rumored interest in Conner yesterday.  Why not bring a young vet in if cheap.  Several remain available.  The entire 49er group ex Mostert.  Gurley, Gallman, Mike Davis, Fournette, etc.

Ty Johnson was timed at his Pro Day on some clocks at

4.26. His play running wide looks like his reported clocking is legit As a kick returner for the Terrapins he had 98 &100 yd TD returns. The promising

young f-ck is strong as a horse raising 225lbs 27 times. The kid has nice

hands and best of all he hasn't cut his eye teeth, being 23.

As for you stupid b-st-rds complaining about his blocking

young backs sometimes get confused who to block and once

they figure who become competent with the task

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Ty Johnson was timed at his Pro Day on some clocks at

4.26. His play running wide looks like his reported clocking is legit As a kick returner for the Terrapins he had 98 &100 yd TD returns. The promising

young f-ck is strong as a horse raising 225lbs 27 times. The kid has nice

hands and best of all he hasn't cut his eye teeth, being 23.

As for you stupid b-st-rds complaining about his blocking

young backs sometimes get confused who to block and once

they figure who become competent with the task

Well said.  The stupid b@stards around here need to give this young fvck a chance!

Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I would really like Hubbard... guy truly has breakaway speed... you can't teach speed, just teach him how to pass block better & I think he'll be a good one. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Perrine doesn't have to be the #1.  Perrine played decent last year.  Was he a true #1?  No.  But if he plays a role and does it well, he will be a good pick.  WAY too early to tell.  

Not calling Perinne a bad pick, just Ty is better.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not calling Perinne a bad pick, just Ty is better.

I am wondering if we even need to draft a running back this year.  Perinne, Coleman (as rumored), Adams, and Johnson could work well.  I think we only go with three, so whoever doesn't win out of those four is cut.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Perrine doesn't have to be the #1.  Perrine played decent last year.  Was he a true #1?  No.  But if he plays a role and does it well, he will be a good pick.  WAY too early to tell.  

Pretty much everyone uses RB by committee now so yes

22 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I am wondering if we even need to draft a running back this year.  Perinne, Coleman (as rumored), Adams, and Johnson could work well.  I think we only go with three, so whoever doesn't win out of those four is cut.  

If we don’t I think we are fine as long as we massively upgrade this O-Line