Knowing what we know now with Fields sliding...

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Ok, let's simplify the question. Forget about what the Jets are going to do, I'm more curious what fans would rather have:

Fields AND Pitts

Or

Zach Wilson

Except that is not the A vs. B scenario.

Pitts and Field (2 and 23) vs. say, Wilson and Harris or Wilson and an OL (2 and 23) is a more apt comparison.

32 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm basing this off the assumption these reports are accurate and I was responding to a specific post.  The post I responded to assumed all the opposite views, which are opinions as well.  Funny that you responded to my take and are seemingly offended that I'm simply giving a contrarian view but you were good with the other guy calling Justin Fields, Geno Smith.

i didn't see anyone calling fields geno smith.

i also didn't see anyone else posting as an infallible know-it-all, who called wilson a prepubescent teen, nor anyone else so definitive in their evaluation that fields is and always will be the better prospect.

again, if you don't want to read my posts, put me on ignore

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Medication side effects made him quit on UGA and  demand to transfer to OSU when he couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm?

As I said, it isn’t that simple if you follow college football.

If two guys can both do the job, the upper class man, the respected, well liked  player , the Instate guy that alumni want to watch often gets the job, especially if he can execute and Fields decided to transfer just like Joe Burrow did.

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Ok, let's simplify the question. Forget about what the Jets are going to do, I'm more curious what fans would rather have:

Fields AND Pitts

Or

Zach Wilson

thanks. people dont read the rules.

I think id go fields and pitts

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

It would be the Jetsiest sh*t ever to pull something like this only to wind up with an often injured OT and another Geno Smith while Wilson goes on to be a star.

14 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i didn't see anyone calling fields geno smith.

i also didn't see anyone else posting as an infallible know-it-all, who called wilson a prepubescent teen, nor anyone else so definitive in their evaluation that fields is and always will be the better prospect.

again, if you don't want to read my posts, put me on ignore

Here, I made it easy for you.  I'd say this is quite, a know it all take, oh and there is your comparison to Geno Smith as well. 

And buddy, I think you're the one that needs to use the ignore feature.  All you do is follow me around and insert yourself into my conversations.  You dont bother me one bit, in fact like when you interject and think your tough guy routine is putting me in my place.  Your the spinach to my Popeye homey, you just make me stronger. 

And yes, it's 100% fact Fields has always been the better prospect.  That's why he played at Georgia and Ohio St. and not BYU. Nobody chooses to play at BYU.  lol.  You settle because you suck, 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

If two guys can both do the job, the upper class man, the respected, well liked  player , the Instate guy that alumni want to watch often gets the job, especially if he can execute and Fields decided to transfer just like Joe Burrow did.

"Just like Joe Burrow"....are you Certain?

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Would you rather stay put and take Zach Wilson at #2, or would you risk trading out and go for a combo of Pitts/Suggs/Sewell to go along with Justin Fields later in Rd 1?

So you the choice is:

A. Wilson

B. Fields and Pitts/Suggs/Sewell (plus probably additional future draft capital)

*Obviously this is a gamble because you don't know when Fields will be drafted and you could possibly be left out with only Kyle Trask as the next best option.

You want to take a TE? Ok macc

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

And yes, it's 100% fact Fields has always been the better prospect.  That's why he played at Georgia and Ohio St. and not BYU. Nobody chooses to play at BYU.  lol.  You settle because you suck, 

and ben roethlisberger sucks because he played at miami, ohio

pat mahomes sucks because he played at texas tech and not one of the bigger school in the conference

josh allen sucks because he played wyoming

matt ryan sucks because be played at BC

and dwayne haskins, cardale jones, terrelle pryor, troy smith were great nfl QBs?

also, steve young says hi (as does jim mcmahon) - only 5 super bowl rings for BYU QBs.  

this may be the worst take i've ever seen here.  amazing such a know it all clown would make such a preposterous claim.  i'm wondering what college you attended to come up with such crap (also, learn WTF the word FACT means)

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Just like Joe Burrow"....are you Certain?

In as much as not knowing the circumstances at Georgia and Ohio State , One could argue Fields  was beaten out by Fromme and others at Georgia and Burrow was beaten out by  Cardale Jones, JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins at OSU.

I'm saying the Coaches choose Fromm and Haskins for various reasons and in college “ beaten out” often doesn’t apply.

beaten out is when a guy started for a season or two and then was replaced by an underclassman due to poor play, not when an upperclassman, an alumni and fan favorite, Instate type player is chosen as starter.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You dont bother me one bit, in fact like when you interject and think your tough guy routine is putting me in my place.  Your the spinach to my Popeye homey, you just make me stronger. 

you have your head so high up your arse, you probably think your shyte smells like roses?

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Fields AND Pitts

Or

Zach Wilson

Fields AND Pitts would take a pretty big trade up from #23 for Pitts leaving not enough draft picks for the QB needs of Oline, RB, etc. 

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

The Jetsiest sh*t ever is to take a 1 year wonder draft riser prepubescent teen and saddling him with a rookie coaching staff on the worst roster in the NFL and asking him to fix the QB problem with the NY Jets.  So naturally, that is what is happening.

If this is a reality, the non-Jetsy thing to do would be to ignore predraft hype machine and get a haul for Wilson and wait for the guy, who is and always has been a better prospect later in the draft. 

Wilson has a very high upside maybe even higher than Lawrence after much research by many. You have to take the chance on him. In future drafts we may not pick or get high enough to get a really good prospect like this.

56 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

I mean, if you're Kirby Smart and you are living in the past and making huge mistakes that's how it plays out.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

They produced 2 Bowl winning QB's how many has OSU produced??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetblue95 said:

and ben roethlisberger sucks because he played at miami, ohio

pat mahomes sucks because he played at texas tech and not one of the bigger school in the conference

josh allen sucks because he played wyoming

matt ryan sucks because be played at BC

and dwayne haskins, cardale jones, terrelle pryor, troy smith were great nfl QBs?

also, steve young says hi (as does jim mcmahon) - only 5 super bowl rings for BYU QBs.  

this may be the worst take i've ever seen here.  amazing such a know it all clown would make such a preposterous claim.  i'm wondering what college you attended to come up with such crap (also, learn WTF the word FACT means)

Seems to me you dont understand what a prospect means.  Let me explain it to you so you can understand.

Justin Fields was a higher rated more desirable prospect then Zach Wilson.  He was #2 in the country at the QB position, #1 duel threat.  Therefore, since it was 100% fact that he was a better prospect, he received offers from every single major program in the country, while nobody gave a **** about Zach Wilson who ended up playing for an irrelevant program.  Make sense now?

Now let me destroy your silly little post; 

Big Ben was drafted behind 2 better prospects who played at Power 5 conference schools.   Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

Pat Mahomes was taken after Mitch Trubisky, who played at UNC.

Josh Allen was drafted after Mayfied and Darnold, Oklahoma and USC.

Matt Ryan was the first QB off the board.

QB's for 30 years ago have zero correlation to this conversation.

Justin Fields is the highest rated Ohio St. player to ever take the field, your stupid examples are irrelevant.

Oh and Zach Wilson will be taken after a better prospect, named Trevor Lawrence who picked the power house that is Clemson.

I own you.  Step up your game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetblue95 said:

you have your head so high up your arse, you probably think your shyte smells like roses?

You need a mirror.  You think you're taking some high road humble pie route and dont come off like a know it all who's opinions matter more?  please

45 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Wilson has a very high upside maybe even higher than Lawrence after much research by many. You have to take the chance on him. In future drafts we may not pick or get high enough to get a really good prospect like this.

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Would you rather stay put and take Zach Wilson at #2, or would you risk trading out and go for a combo of Pitts/Suggs/Sewell to go along with Justin Fields later in Rd 1?

So you the choice is:

A. Wilson

B. Fields and Pitts/Suggs/Sewell (plus probably additional future draft capital)

*Obviously this is a gamble because you don't know when Fields will be drafted and you could possibly be left out with only Kyle Trask as the next best option.

Do we know though?  This is all pure speculation.

But yes if you told me 100% we can get Fields at 23 I’d 100% trade back a few spots grab Chase to go with Fields.  

26 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

They produced 2 Bowl winning QB's how many has OSU produced??

Well, golly gee!!!!  BYU QB's should be growing off trees then, dont you say good old pal? I mean, holy whipper snappers, if this is true, we should take a BYU QB every year year!!!!!!

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Medication side effects made him quit on UGA and  demand to transfer to OSU when he couldn’t beat out Jake Fromm?

Couldn’t or the coaching staff were morons?  I guarantee they are kicking themselves for not choosing Fields.

38 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, if you're Kirby Smart and you are living in the past and making huge mistakes that's how it plays out.

I see it everywhere, last season after an injury, Wisconsin walked from Long Island’s  Jack Coan who is a fine QB and gave the job to Graham Mertz their highest rated QB recruit ever,  a Midwest kid, a fan and alumni favorite , who was a threat to transfer.

Now Mertz is the Wisconsin starter and right now Coan looks like the leader to win the starters job at Notre Dame.

no, Mertz didn’t beat Coan out on the field, the coaching staff did what was in their 3 year interest.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Well, golly gee!!!!  BYU QB's should be growing off trees then, dont you say good old pal? I mean, holy whipper snappers, if this is true, we should take a BYU QB every year year!!!!!!

To me all college QB's are just question marks till they do something in the Pro's and being a wiseass isn't your best look but you seem to enjoy it..:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Fields AND Pitts would take a pretty big trade up from #23 for Pitts leaving not enough draft picks for the QB needs of Oline, RB, etc. 

The game is called would you rather have Fields and Pitts and you can draft Pitts 2 and Fields 23.  Me personally love the chance to do this just replace Pitts with Chase.

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

To me all college QB's are just question marks till they do something in the Pro's and being a wiseass isn't your best look but you seem to enjoy it..:rolleyes:

Oh so, then you agree,  it doesnt matter that Steve Young and Jim McMahon won SB's and they went to BYU?  Cool, glad we hashed that out.

26 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

I see it everywhere, last season after an injury, Wisconsin walked from Long Island’s  Jack Coan who is a fine QB and gave the job to Graham Mertz their highest rated QB recruit ever,  a Midwest kid, a fan and alumni favorite , who was a threat to transfer.

Now Mertz is the Wisconsin starter and right now Coan looks like the leader to win the starters job at Notre Dame.

no, Mertz didn’t beat Coan out on the field, the coaching staff did what was in their 3 year interest.

Right, but this is the exact opposite of the Fields/Fromm situation.

Fields, like Mertz, was the younger much better prospect. Wisconsin did the smart thing and moved on from a middling game manager who was "established" and "safe" in favor up the upside.

Kirby did the opposite and stuck with the established vet Fromm when Fields was much more dynamic and had a much higher upside. 

37 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Seems to me you dont understand what a prospect means.  Let me explain it to you so you can understand.

Justin Fields was a higher rated more desirable prospect then Zach Wilson.  He was #2 in the country at the QB position, #1 duel threat.  Therefore, since it was 100% fact that he was a better prospect, he received offers from every single major program in the country, while nobody gave a **** about Zach Wilson who ended up playing for an irrelevant program.  Make sense now?

Now let me destroy your silly little post; 

Big Ben was drafted behind 2 better prospects who played at Power 5 conference schools.   Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

Pat Mahomes was taken after Mitch Trubisky, who played at UNC.

Josh Allen was drafted after Mayfied and Darnold, Oklahoma and USC.

Matt Ryan was the first QB off the board.

QB's for 30 years ago have zero correlation to this conversation.

Justin Fields is the highest rated Ohio St. player to ever take the field, your stupid examples are irrelevant.

Oh and Zach Wilson will be taken after a better prospect, named Trevor Lawrence who picked the power house that is Clemson.

I own you.  Step up your game.

Who gives a flying f'ck how highly rated  a prospect was before actually doing anything.

Christian Hackenburg must have been a fav of yours, uber highly rated coming into college and played at Penn State not some shlub college.

Also I see no ownage at all in your post above, you made a statement, the other poster refuted your statement, you came back and changed the parameter of your statement.

Off of your original statement you are the one that got owned.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Right, but this is the exact opposite of the Fields/Fromm situation.

Fields, like Mertz, was the younger much better prospect. Wisconsin did the smart thing and moved on from a middling game manager who was "established" and "safe" in favor up the upside.

Kirby did the opposite and stuck with the established vet Fromm when Fields was much more dynamic and had a much higher upside. 

Agreed but Fromm was SAFER in his mind and don’t think those hometown Boosters happiness doesn’t play a role, it does.Wasnt Fromm 24-5 at Georgia? Pretty difficult to argue the success even if my guy Fields is more dynamic.