Knowing what we know now with Fields sliding...

Would you rather stay put and take Zach Wilson at #2, or would you risk trading out and go for a combo of Pitts/Suggs/Sewell to go along with Justin Fields later in Rd 1?

So you the choice is:

A. Wilson

B. Fields and Pitts/Suggs/Sewell (plus probably additional future draft capital)

*Obviously this is a gamble because you don't know when Fields will be drafted and you could possibly be left out with only Kyle Trask as the next best option.

• WTF? 2

15 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Would you rather stay put and take Zach Wilson at #2, or would you risk trading out and go for a combo of Pitts/Suggs/Sewell to go along with Justin Fields later in Rd 1?

So you the choice is:

A. Wilson

B. Fields and Pitts/Suggs/Sewell (plus probably additional future draft capital)

*Obviously this is a gamble because you don't know when Fields will be drafted and you could possibly be left out with only Kyle Trask as the next best option.

At that point James Morgan might be your best option.

I remember the Stanford QB Davis Mills coming out of HS as a five star QB prospect, he did force KJ Costello to transfer but overall Davis Mills did not have  huge college career, sort of like Tom Brady .LOL

he can sling it and throws guys open too, with anticipation, interesting prospect.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fields goes top 10. Anything past 5 is a big slide for him considering where he's been ranked as a prospect for ages, but OSU, epilepsy,  and apparently personality-type issues (what, I have no idea) are causing a perceived slip in his value. 

That being said, if the Jets or 49ers draft him, or he goes top 5, it really wouldn't be surprising. Dropping out of the top 10? I don't see it happening,  but if it does, its the story of the draft.

Personality issues are bogus, stick with the side effects of medications.

• Post of the Week 1

Its been Wilson since the moment Darnold was traded. JD told you himself when he said there were two guys that they felt comfortable moving on from Darnold for.

No matter how many scenarios get thought up or thrown out there

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Icer said:

Its been Wilson since the moment Darnold was traded. JD told you himself when he said there were two guys that they felt comfortable moving on from Darnold for.

Seriously, all of this debating is pointless at this point. Listening to Douglas, the Jets’ board was

1. Lawrence

2. Wilson

<gap>

3. Darnold

<gap>

4. Everybody else.

Right or wrong, Fields was never going to be a Jet.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We don’t know Fields is sliding

vegas draft pick odds says he's sliding

TL and ZW are both -10000 to go 1 and 2. Fields is +1600 to go 2 overall or a 5% chance

at 3, most books had Fields as the favorite last week 

this week he's the 3rd behind Mac Jones -305, Trey Lance +250 and JF at +500

American odds +500 means they are giving you a 16% percent chance of Fields being pick number 3

he's kinda sliding 

40 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You take Wilson 

It would be the Jetsiest sh*t ever to pull something like this only to wind up with an often injured OT and another Geno Smith while Wilson goes on to be a star.

The Jetsiest sh*t ever is to take a 1 year wonder draft riser prepubescent teen and saddling him with a rookie coaching staff on the worst roster in the NFL and asking him to fix the QB problem with the NY Jets.  So naturally, that is what is happening.

If this is a reality, the non-Jetsy thing to do would be to ignore predraft hype machine and get a haul for Wilson and wait for the guy, who is and always has been a better prospect later in the draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Ok, let's simplify the question. Forget about what the Jets are going to do, I'm more curious what fans would rather have:

Fields AND Pitts

Or

Zach Wilson

it isn't this simple.

if the assumption is fields slides and is available at 23 (not very likely imo), then it would be 

fields/pitts

wilson/other pick #23

since i would absolutely hate taking a TE with a top 10 pick, let alone a top 5, let alone #2, then i would prefer wilson/other.  i also prefer wilson to fields, but admit i have no clue which one will be better (i've seen a lot more of fields being a michigan alum, which admittedly clouds my view of him being a michigan alum lol)

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The Jetsiest sh*t ever is to take a 1 year wonder draft riser prepubescent teen and saddling him with a rookie coaching staff on the worst roster in the NFL and asking him to fix the QB problem with the NY Jets.  So naturally, that is what is happening.

If this is a reality, the non-Jetsy thing to do would be to ignore predraft hype machine and get a haul for Wilson and wait for the guy, who is and always has been a better prospect later in the draft. 

and if you trade down and fields isn't there? 

of course, "getting a haul for wilson" seems to imply that other professional talent evaluators also think wilson is the better prospect and are willing to give up said "haul" to move up and get him.

your post assumes fields is the better prospect.  that is your opinion, and apparently, many other people's opinion.  on the flip side, many other people think wilson is the better prosepct.  we don't know.

in the end, you trust the front office to get the right guy.  to do their diligence and evaluate the alternatives and pick the guy they think will be the best.  pontificating on message boards doesn't make one right...or wrong.  and being a GM doesn't make one right...or wrong.  but the GMs and scouts sure have a lot more information to work with than those of us on the interwebz, unless of course you have conducted multiple interviews with the players, their coaches, dissected game film, watched them throw in person standing next to them on the field, and so on.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

and if you trade down and fields isn't there? 

of course, "getting a haul for wilson" seems to imply that other professional talent evaluators also think wilson is the better prospect and are willing to give up said "haul" to move up and get him.

your post assumes fields is the better prospect.  that is your opinion, and apparently, many other people's opinion.  on the flip side, many other people think wilson is the better prosepct.  we don't know.

in the end, you trust the front office to get the right guy.  to do their diligence and evaluate the alternatives and pick the guy they think will be the best.  pontificating on message boards doesn't make one right...or wrong.  and being a GM doesn't make one right...or wrong.  but the GMs and scouts sure have a lot more information to work with than those of us on the interwebz, unless of course you have conducted multiple interviews with the players, their coaches, dissected game film, watched them throw in person standing next to them on the field, and so on.

I'm basing this off the assumption these reports are accurate and I was responding to a specific post.  The post I responded to assumed all the opposite views, which are opinions as well.  Funny that you responded to my take and are seemingly offended that I'm simply giving a contrarian view but you were good with the other guy calling Justin Fields, Geno Smith.

1 hour ago, Icer said:

The irony of that is that the “QBs guru” down in SF apparently likes 5 QBs in this class more than Darnold