GASE Effect: Proven algorithm will mean most success for what jets?

14 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Numbnuts Gase has proven players thrive when he leaves or they are moved to another team via trade/cut. Losing Gase as coach has produced AllPro votes, Comeback Player of Year etc etc

So based on that what Jets and why will most positively grow their game this year?

My first pick is Herndon based on Gase running system he admitted only used TEs for blocking and rumor that JD told Gase to involve him last 3-4 games of year when he caught 17 of 21 targets , 3-4 TDs and showed damn nice mobility and was catching ball with his hands, a habit he had gotten out of.

That is so incredibly overrated in order to blame Gase for everything.  The only guys who really took a big leap after he left were the TE who was a rookie under him and devante parker in 2019 but then he went back to normal in 2020.  Tannehill started his career resurrection with Gase then went to the perfect situation where all the attention is on Derrick Henry.

The sad thing is when Mims puts up good numbers this year people will blame Gase for last year even though Mims was hurt the majority of the year.

We know Sam will get better but the biggest reason will be that he's going to be surrounded with talent for the first time in his career.  

Can we just let Gase go and never speak of him again?

13 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

If McGovern/ GVR/Fant improve their play in the new scheme it'll have some of the biggest overall impact on the team. So hopefully them.

Look foward to JD upgrading these 3 over the next year or two. Our OL will be slamming. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Tannehill started his career resurrection with Gase then went to the perfect situation where all the attention is on Derrick Henry.

Tannehill came off of 3 straight 4K yard seasons under Philbin and then hit 3K and 2K under Gase.

• Upvote 1

Darnold will do very well I imagine. Still think he turns the ball over a bit too much but he will definitely do well enough to be signed. 

which is the exact problem I didn’t want. Darnold to play well enough that you basically have to pay him but ultimately we know he’s not a consistent game changer. Ya know people always compared his ceiling to Tony Romo, but I hated Romo and while he did really well at times he never put it together when it mattered (Romo). That’s Darnold for me. Rather shoot for the stars then get stuck with that. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The numbers I posted were right.

2013, 2014 & 2015 were better than 2016. 

In 2016 he posted career highs in comp %, rating, yards per attempt and win % before he got hurt.  It was his best season pre Tennessee.

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

In 2016 he posted career highs in comp %, rating, yards per attempt and win % before he got hurt.  It was his best season pre Tennessee.

Wins are a team number, Tannihhill didnt win any games, the Dolphins did.  Its your Sanchez logic at work.  

He got hurt.  I'm not using a dream you had where he would have surpassed what he did in prior seasons.   His comp % was all of 0.7 higher than it was two years earlier, his yards per game were down 33 per, his INT % was up.  His best season was 2014

So far the Jets haven't signed a veteran corner like Richard Sherman or Steven Nelson...to go along with what they've drafted.  And maybe that's so because they think of Bryce Hall and Bless Austin as good fits for their cover 3 schemes.  If this is close to what Jets think of those two.  Then I expect them to surprise and step up their play in Saleh's 4-2-5 D.   

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Wins are a team number, Tannihhill didnt win any games, the Dolphins did.  Its your Sanchez logic at work.  

He got hurt.  I'm not using a dream you had where he would have surpassed what he did in prior seasons.   His comp % was all of 0.7 higher than it was two years earlier, his yards per game were down 33 per, his INT % was up.  His best season was 2014

Putting up numbers and not making plays to win is meaningless. He was by far better in 2016 than he had ever been.  The only thing that stopped him from career highs in other categories was getting hurt.

19 hours ago, Snell41 said:

The entire OL. I honestly don’t think we had terrible players, just terrible coaching and I do not believe Sam understood what he was seeing well enough to make the right calls on the line. Though they weren’t stellar with Flacco, they were much better.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

the oline needed to play more as a unit.  there were too man injuries and the whole covid thing hampered the training camp.  they could've become a bit above average.  they still needed some talent upgrades but could've been okay.

I think a lot of you are getting your hopes up of you think Gase was the problem with many of our bad players.  

Fant is a career back up with back up level talent. That won’t change 

GVR was is the CFL 3 years ago..he’s a back up level talent. That won’t change. 
Herndon can’t catch.  That’s not going to change. 

Gase was not a good football coach,  but we also had a terrible roster.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Right, but I think it's fair to say that Tannehill played well under Gase in 2016 before he got hurt. 

He was good that year and Dolphins fans were very happy with him and legitimately thought he was their long term solution at QB. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Right, but I think it's fair to say that Tannehill played well under Gase in 2016 before he got hurt. 

He was good that year and Dolphins fans were very happy with him and legitimately thought he was their long term solution at QB. 

Totally agree he was playing well, as he was in 2014.  I'm just saying it wasnt like Gase made him better for his 8 or so games.  He had a 3 year run as a 4K per passer.

Dolphin fans are the most overly optimistic fans in the NFL.  Peter King

On 5/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

I hadn't heard that one. Honestly I expected him to draft a TE, but maybe this is partly why he didn't. He wasn't without bad drops last year, too.

Also the economics of the position:

If Herndon has another letdown season, TE is rarely a position that requires upper 1st round investment (not that we don't have two 1s and two 2s next year).

On the flip side, if he pans out, it's also not a position that typically commands upper-level money: there are 5 TEs in the league making $9MM+ so Herndon is an easy franchise tag if he's commanding north of what Douglas is willing to match -- make him do it twice.

No!

Spermy, herndon sucks. He will probably always suck. No coach can fix that mess

Frank Gore. 

He'll have a much more successful season on the couch than he did on the field under Gase. 

Who in the right mind calls 10+ HB dives for a 40+ y.o running back right into the heart of the D-Line like no tomorrow? An idiot. 

In all seriousness. Chris Herndon Jr. I believe Gase mind fkd him from day one. He was an animal @ Miami U and flashed during his rookie season but I believe Gase mentally ruined him by the end of year 2.

with a brand new coaching staff and a leader in Saleh I'm super anxious to see Herndon in the field surrounded by awesome talent.