Jets Practice Squad Signings

Lith

2 hours ago, Origen said:

Appears that D.Moore signed with Cleveland's Practice Squad...

The last time the Jets decided that the OL was a top priority position group, we went to the AFCCG two years in a row.  

People say JD is ok because he traded up and drafted AVT.  That is completely correct.  But the Jets needed at least 2 new OL starters and 2 new backups.   Fant was the third replacement.  GVR should be the back up.

Watch this space.  It will be the Jet's undoing this year.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Origen said:

Appears that D.Moore signed with Cleveland's Practice Squad...

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

The last time the Jets decided that the OL was a top priority position group, we went to the AFCCG two years in a row.  

People say JD is ok because he traded up and drafted AVT.  That is completely correct.  But the Jets needed at least 2 new OL starters and 2 new backups.   Fant was the third replacement.  GVR should be the back up.

DJ Moore is a WR... David Moore is a guard... & Yes, he was signed to the Browns practice squad... I wanted him here but hey, it is what it is... the Browns also signed Naggar to their practice squad.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, varjet said:

I have a feeling JD planned on Clark factoring into that equation.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

The man is trying to build an entire team, not just one unit. When he arrived, the cupboard was bare. He’s replaced the starting QB, revamped the WRs, invested at Edge, and spent two first round picks plus a handful of free agents on the OL. He’s trying to put the organization in place to compete all at once. It’s a good approach. He’s handling it well, and I really find it hard to see what the OL first crowd has to complain about. There will be more work done next year, and I’d be willing to bet that one of his first five picks is spent on the OL once again. 

This is spot on about the offensive line.  Joe D is doing his best.  Yes, if AVT or GVR goes down in comes Feeney.  Based on what we have seen, this is a problem.

But as a poster pointed out - I forgot which one - the current dependence on Feeney is the end result of an unlikely series of events.  It was the backup plan, to the backup plan, to the backup plan.  It was not until the Clark injury, the Lewis retirement and the McDermott injury that we found ourselves getting ready to implement plan D (that would be the Feeney plan).

I give Joe D props for trying.  It was not a bad plan.  I too had hopes for Clark and I do like McDermott.  As for Lewis, he did play well last season when he was available. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

He wasn't taken from the Jets PS.  Jets cut him.  He went through waivers.  He was then a FA.  Jets offered him a PS spot.  So did the Panthers.  He chose to sign with the Panthers.
I don't blame him.  If the lights ever do go on for him, he has a lot bettr chance to replace Darnold then he does Wilson.
He's been on a team with both QB's so he probably has a clear view in his mind who's better.  He made the right choice.
I think once Old Man Johnson played in front of him in preseason game 3 ... he saw the writing on the wall.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I think once Old Man Johnson played in front of him in preseason game 3 ... he saw the writing on the wall.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that did seem like a bit of a slap in the face.

On the other hand, Johnson looked significantly better than Morgan - so maybe the coaches just elected to start the better QB.

Not devastated to lose Morgan, but it would have been good to bring him back for another year to see if he could develop into a solid backup.

But, right now, White and Johnson are better depth options than Morgan.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Doesnt make a difference does it?  

Not sure why I'm bothering to explain it you , you just seem to want to argue every damn little thing. At the time of the post Adams was resigned to the Jets PS , if another team signed him then he would need to go to their active roster - OK, 

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Not sure why I'm bothering to explain it you , you just seem to want to argue every damn little thing. At the time of the post Adams was resigned to the Jets PS , if another team signed him then he would need to go to their active roster - OK, 

What a strange and meaningless distinction.   Nobody put in a claim.  Doesn't the fact that nobody wanted him on their roster indicate teams are not that high on him?   The point was that he cleared waivers.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

OMG, another one who when you reply to claims its just to argue. 

I asked a question and got your usual nasty reply.

See because the thing is, no one had put a claim in on Adams, he wasnt on the Jets practice squad when said he would have to be put on an active roster.  Anyone was free to put in a claim.  You dont have to explain it to me, I'm familiar with the rule. 

So maybe instead of acting like a rag and starting the argument that you so, so much would like to avoid you should listen and learn.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

OMG, another one who when you reply to claims its just to argue. 

I asked a question and got your usual nasty reply.

See because the thing is, no one had put a claim in on Adams, he wasnt on the Jets practice squad when said he would have to be put on an active roster.  Anyone was free to put in a claim.  You dont have to explain it to me, I'm familiar with the rule. 

So maybe instead of acting like a rag and starting the argument that you so, so much would like to avoid you should listen and learn.

The bolded is priceless , you are one of the biggest drama queens on this site . You ever wonder why so many people argue with you. Have a nice Labor day weekend. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

The bolded is priceless , you are one of the biggest drama queens on this site . You ever wonder why so many people argue with you. Have a nice Labor day weekend. 

And yet youre still arguing with me while being wrong and can be.  

You want to know the irony of this post?  YOU made the statement, that maybe Adams didnt get picked up because he would have to be placed on that teams active 53 man roster.  Which was wrong, I gave you a heads up that it was wrong and instead of just saying, youre right, my bad you decided to come back with 8-10 posts being dead wrong in each and every one of them.

Then accuse me of being the one who loves to argue.   

On 9/2/2021 at 4:31 PM, varjet said:

Ya cant start 2 rookies on the OL. Thats asking for trouble. Next year we get another OL in the draft

• Thumb Down 1

On 9/2/2021 at 6:00 PM, slats said:

The man is trying to build an entire team, not just one unit. When he arrived, the cupboard was bare. He’s replaced the starting QB, revamped the WRs, invested at Edge, and spent two first round picks plus a handful of free agents on the OL. He’s trying to put the organization in place to compete all at once. It’s a good approach. He’s handling it well, and I really find it hard to see what the OL first crowd has to complain about. There will be more work done next year, and I’d be willing to bet that one of his first five picks is spent on the OL once again. 

This is the reaction when the Jets suck for 10 years straight.  We are finally getting some quality talent in here with our prime picks: WIlson, Becton, AVT, Moore.  It's a huge push in the right direction. Couple that woth some nice FA pickps and we are going to suprise a lot of teams. These aint the ole NY Jets from the last decade.

• Upvote 1