Lots of hype/Zero results

kevinc855

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

You didn't see progress today? Check your glasses old man

Wilson looked decent. The defense has gotten worse under Douglas. So has the oline. Just not much talent on the team and Douglas inherited a bad roster...he's done a bad job with the draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You didn't see progress today? Check your glasses old man

A second half with a 16 point lead where the Panthers weren't actually trying to run up the score isn't some benchmark to be proud of.

Kid Zach looked very good.  Davis and Amendola too.  Everyone else looked awful.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Please.

I'm not one sucked into any hype.  I am, however, expecting progress.  And there was no progress shown on several sides of the ball today where there should have been a lot.

Particularly on the OL (obvious), WR (only Davis showed anything), and DL (we were playing against a backup OL).

Joe Douglas had his worst day as a pro today.  Things better turn around next week.  Planes and billboards are standing by.

SAR I

I think the defense did relatively well considering that they were facings one of the best receiving corps in the league and a stud RB.

Now, you have to be a bit delusional to think we were somehow favourites against a team that is stacked with much more talent than us.

Even though I can concede that the problems with the OL are getting a bit out of hand - and maybe will have to be resolved in-season if this keeps going.

The WR core was upgraded in a way that I personally can't see how you could have done it better. Unless you want to overpay for WR during free agency.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Idk, maybe the entire defense in the 2nd half.  The Coaching adjustments on defense in the 2nd half to hold the Panthers to 3 points. 

On offense,  Corey Davis. Mims made a nice play in his only opportunity. Kroft made a few nice catches. 

Obviously there was a lot to be disappointed about but there was a lot to be encouraged by. Go take a look around the nfl scoreboard and check out Super Bowl contenders getting beat up today.  It's week 1 with a very young team starting rookies and 2nd year guys all over the place. This season will be judged by their improvement, not by their record. 

The problem is the whiners in this thread, the main 3 who all have called for (SAR I, kevin) JDs head and the Matt who said his seat will get warm just dont understand the game of football

Look at SAR & Matt claiming that the points the Jets scored in the second half were meaningless.  When the Jets cut the deficit to one score they actually are claiming it was meaningless.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The problem is the whiners in this thread, the main 3 who all have called for (SAR, Kevin) JDs head and the Matt who said his seat will get warm just dont understand the game of football

Jet Nut, all I'll say is that the team can't keep putting up 11, 12, 13, 14 loss seasons and get off with the "rebuilding" excuse.  Or that we're playing a bunch of rookies.  At some point, fans just can't stomach it any longer.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

The Jets were playing against a better team and away. Why was that a failure? The Loss shouldn't surprise anyone, since we were never the favourites.

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Lol. Calm down we're not the Chiefs. If you're expecting that it says more about YOU then the team. 

I'm not talking scoreboard.  I was disgusted by the OLine play. They were losing the battle in a football 101 kind of way.  Failure in simple a skill points to a lack of will.  

1 hour ago, Action Zachtion said:

I thought the OLine would be better than this 

That was hot garbage 

And that’s on Joe Douglas, and to a much lesser extent, Saleh.
Douglas has been here over two years now. What we saw today was a disgrace. If you’re the GM or HC, you have to have some idea going in how bad the line is, yet you put the kid out there at QB?
We just went through 3 years of watching a young QB play behind a bad OL. I don’t care what you think of this GM, the HC, or how good you think this team might be. The most important thing about this team is Zach Wilson.
How do you expect this kid to have a chance with no time to throw, and getting sacked 6 times? The line sucks, and guess who bought the groceries?
Thank you Joe Douglas. Thank you. ?

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Jet Nut, all I'll say is that the team can't keep putting up 11, 12, 13, 14 loss seasons and get off with the "rebuilding" excuse.  Or that we're playing a bunch of rookies.  At some point, fans just can't stomach it any longer.

JD was here for 2 of those seasons after 8 lousy seasons of drafting and collecting talent.  He sure as shlt can and should get away with all the garbage that was collected before he came in and blew it up.  

Fans tend to expect miracles and no matter how many times they claim they want a team built the right way as soon as theres a loss they cant see past the loss and go back to not wanting to build the right way.  Rookies make mistakes, you can call it an excuse all you want but rookies make mistakes.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

First of all I dont think I mentioned you.lol

Secondly, JD was here for 2 of those seasons after 8 lousy seasons of drafting and collecting talent.  He sure as shlt can and should get away with all the garbage that was collected before he came in and blew it up

I know.  Just making a general comment.  You know I love you.  Not as much as Crusher, but still.  

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

I think the defense did relatively well considering that they were facings one of the best receiving corps in the league and a stud RB.

Yes, but they allowed an awful quarterback to put up 250 yards and 2 TD's in the first half, didn't register pressure, didn't cause turnovers.

Now, you have to be a bit delusional to think we were somehow favourites against a team that is stacked with much more talent than us.

We were not favorites, however we just blew a winnable game.  If our offense puts up a single score in the first half and prevents the stupid bomb to Robbie, we win.  This was a major missed opportunity against a weaker opponent.  And we let them look like the '85 Bears for the first half.

Even though I can concede that the problems with the OL are getting a bit out of hand - and maybe will have to be resolved in-season if this keeps going.

Your GM made the OL is #1 priority back in 2019 when he was hired and he has whiffed badly.  There is no excuse for putting that sh-t show out there today.  Oh, and let's not forget that we don't have a qualified backup quarterback and it looks like we'll be lucky if Zach plays 10 games.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Memo to Elijah Moore: I guess those teams that picked other WRs before you knew a thing or two about WR evaluation.

"This kid is special, I've seen him do things in practice I've never seen any Jets WR do and I've been covering this team since the turn of the century."

-- Every Jets Beat Writer

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We were not favorites, however we just blew a winnable game.  If our offense puts up a single score in the first half and prevents the stupid bomb to Robbie, we win.  This was a major missed opportunity against a weaker opponent.  And we let them look like the '85 Bears for the first half.

But you said all the points we scored in the 2nd half were meaningless.  But now it was a winnable game?  Robby has one score on a broken play and that was your take of the game?

Seriously?

20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

all I'll say is that the team can't keep putting up 11, 12, 13, 14 loss seasons and get off with the "rebuilding" excuse.  Or that we're playing a bunch of rookies.  At some point, fans just can't stomach it any longer.

DING DING DING

We're there.

It's not "hype" to ask not to be shut out in the first half of an NFL game.  It's not "hype" to ask that our DL generate pressure.  It's not "hype" to ask that a S or a LB figure out a way to stop CMC from running the same damned swing pass out of the backfield.  It's not "hype" to ask that our OL give our QB time to throw without an opponent in his face.  It's not "hype" to ask that our OC call a better game than the last bum.  It's not "hype" to ask that our HC has his team prepared.

That was the worst half of Jets football played in this century.  If this is "rebuilding" we are in huge trouble.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Ray, at least for me, it's not an overreaction.  We're all just fed up/numb from seeing the same patterns and losing season after season.

The coaching staff made adjustments at the half.  What did the Panthers have in offense the 2nd half?  Sam had maybe 35 yards?  Zach had 60 at the half, 240 at the end of the game?  We cut the deficit to one score

Doesn't look like a Bowles or especially a Gase team

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

And that’s on Joe Douglas, and to a much lesser extent, Saleh.
Douglas has been here over two years now. What we saw today was a disgrace. If you’re the GM or HC, you have to have some idea going in how bad the line is, yet you put the kid out there at QB?
We just went through 3 years of watching a young QB play behind a bad OL. I don’t care what you think of this GM, the HC, or how good you think this team might be. The most important thing about this team is Zach Wilson.
How do you expect this kid to have a chance with no time to throw, and getting sacked 6 times? The line sucks, and guess who bought the groceries?
Thank you Joe Douglas. Thank you. ?

Great post.  And finish the thought:

If Joe Douglas knew that his OL was suspect in pass protection, why don't we have an actual backup QB on the roster?

If Joe Douglas didn't know how bad his OL was, why didn't he?

And are we ever going to talk about a, you know, pretty important position that he's also ignored-  Running Back?  Strange GM it is that decides he can go into an NFL season with no CB's, no RB's, no OL, and no backup QB.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Ray, at least for me, it's not an overreaction.  We're all just fed up/numb from seeing the same patterns and losing season after season.

You think I’m not fed up with the Jets? I’ve been watching them over 45 years. I actually had to take a walk in the third quarter I got so frustrated. But in the end, when looking at it objectively, they lost by 5 points and Zach Wilson held up well and showed he can play against the big boys. But the possible loss of Becton for the season hurts. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Real fans wait forever 

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, but they allowed an awful quarterback to put up 250 yards and 2 TD's in the first half, didn't register pressure, didn't cause turnovers.

Your GM made the OL is #1 priority back in 2019 when he was hired and he has whiffed badly.  There is no excuse for putting that sh-t show out there today.  Oh, and let's not forget that we don't have a qualified backup quarterback and it looks like we'll be lucky if Zach plays 10 games.

SAR I

We really should given up a lousy 5th for Minshew or gotten Trubisky in FA

• Haha 1