Lots of hype/Zero results

kevinc855

The 2021 Jets do not look good. Now many want to brush it off as “rebuilding”. We aren’t going to the super bowl right?!

But can we at least play decent? The offensive line is an utter disaster in its 3rd season under a GM who was supposed to focus on that. Our running by committee idea seemed sexy and new but failed. 

Our WR corps couldn't get open and when they did they dropped passes. 

The play calling was  very Gase like.

All this gas no break, you tube hype etc. “we are building  the right way” means nothing. Until you have a decent product on the field I don’t want to hear it. 

An epic failure by the Jets in all respects. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 16
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The 2021 Jets do not look good. Now many want to brush it off as “rebuilding”. We aren’t going to the super bowl right?!

But can we at least play decent? The offensive line is an utter disaster in its 3rd season under a GM who was supposed to focus on that. Our running by committee idea seemed sexy and new but failed. 

All this gas no break, you tube hype etc. “we are building  the right way” means nothing. Until you have a decent product on the field I don’t want to hear it. 

Nobody talked up this team like we're going to the playoffs. We all knew they were young and lack experience. yeesh. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Tell me what was good besides Zach. I will wait 

Idk, maybe the entire defense in the 2nd half.  The Coaching adjustments on defense in the 2nd half to hold the Panthers to 3 points. 

On offense,  Corey Davis. Mims made a nice play in his only opportunity. Kroft made a few nice catches. 

Obviously there was a lot to be disappointed about but there was a lot to be encouraged by. Go take a look around the nfl scoreboard and check out Super Bowl contenders getting beat up today.  It's week 1 with a very young team starting rookies and 2nd year guys all over the place. This season will be judged by their improvement, not by their record. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Nothing new!

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

If I have to tell you this you didn't pay attention. Everyone knows we played bad on offense early but the D kept us in the game then in the second half when Zach got a little time from the OL we actually could have won this football game which is what good teams do when they lay an egg in the first half . At one point mid 4th quarter Carolina had 24 yards of offense in the second half were you paying attention to any of that ? We lost this game to Christian McCaffery and we should have been better prepared for him in the passing game, we were not. 

You didn’t answer 

joewilly12  post game thoughts 

Team came out flat like so many NY Jets teams before them. 

Our OL is a mess. 

We still need a legitimate RB I don't care what kind of system Robert Saleh runs. 

1 decent WR on the field with Zach Wilson isn't going to win games. 

Zach Wilson cannot do it all on his own. 

Braxton Berrios is not an NFL player at any position. 

Our D made adjustments in the 2nd half but still couldn't contain 1 guy CMC. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

I'm pissed because at least 3/5 Oline positions were supposed to be fixed.

If nothing is getting better you don't have a rebuild in progress.  

It's week 1 and the 2nd half seemed better but I'd rather lose by 28 and have more positions look like pluses.  

Give yourself to the hate. Let it fill you and draw strength from it.

• Haha 1

The good news is that Wilson is a legit QB prospect. legit. 

This defense is competitive but doesn't have a lot of talent without Lawson, IMO

The bad news is that Wilson is not going to last the season if he continues to take some of the sacks and hits that he took today. Not with that frame. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Do you understand football? Take some time off an screw your head on right.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Give yourself to the hate. Let it fill you and draw strength from it.

I saw a bunch of hot garbage in the first half from guys I did not expect. Every guy I keyed in on was getting their ass kicked.

Guys I thought who were strong were losing physical "who wants it more" contests and allowing their matchup to control the gaps.  Gross. 

They were not getting low and fighting on a half a man for the inches that would allow them to set an edge and open a hole.  They were dancing and getting tossed aside when the ball carrier was close. Disgusting.  

We will see a lot next week.    I think they have some guys on that line who can be good but it won't take all season to know if that's true.

If some of these guys step up, it's a rebuild. 

• Upvote 1