Lots of hype/Zero results

kevinc855

16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If I have to tell you this you didn't pay attention. Everyone knows we played bad on offense early but the D kept us in the game then in the second half when Zach got a little time from the OL we actually could have won this football game which is what good teams do when they lay an egg in the first half . At one point mid 4th quarter Carolina had 24 yards of offense in the second half were you paying attention to any of that ? We lost this game to Christian McCaffery and we should have been better prepared for him in the passing game, we were not. 

I. The team defense, no one really stops him.. all things considered the line hurt us the most I know they need time but why wouldn't the coaches bring in the back or TE to block more that would have helped

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The good news is that Wilson is a legit QB prospect. legit. 

This defense is competitive but doesn't have a lot of talent without Lawson, IMO

The bad news is that Wilson is not going to last the season if he continues to take some of the sacks and hits that he took today. Not with that frame. 

Whose frame is good at getting rocked like that every week?  Nobody would survive that.  

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I. The team defense, no one really stops him.. all things considered the line hurt us the most I know they need time but why wouldn't the coaches bring in the back or TE to block more that would have helped

Stop that doesn’t fit the narrative the new coaches can’t be bad.

32 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The 2021 Jets do not look good. Now many want to brush it off as “rebuilding”. We aren’t going to the super bowl right?!

But can we at least play decent? The offensive line is an utter disaster in its 3rd season under a GM who was supposed to focus on that. Our running by committee idea seemed sexy and new but failed. 

Our WR corps couldn't get open and when they did they dropped passes. 

The play calling was  very Gase like.

All this gas no break, you tube hype etc. “we are building  the right way” means nothing. Until you have a decent product on the field I don’t want to hear it. 

An epic failure by the Jets in all respects. 

I now feel guilty called warfish the resident wet blanket

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

I saw a bunch of hot garbage in the first half from guys I did not expect. Every guy I keyed in on was getting their ass kicked.

Guys I thought who were strong were losing physical "who wants it more" contests and allowing their matchup to control the gaps.  Gross. 

They were not getting low and fighting on a half a man for the inches that would allow them to set an edge and open a hole.  They were dancing and getting tossed aside when the ball carrier was close. Disgusting.  

We will see a lot next week.    I think they have some guys on that line who can be good but it won't take all season to know if that's true.

If some of these guys step up, it's a rebuild. 

This sounds more like an expectations problem to me 

There were lots of positives for me, especially in the second half from the defence.

But let’s be real, as long as our OL is THAT bad, we’re going to get a real tough ride this year. That said, there were some things I liked the look of today.

Long, long way to go, but if you can’t protect your QB, you won’t win games.

2 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

AVT is a big strong guy.   Something is wrong if I can't expect him to make a simple block.  

Exactly. You’re getting it. I assume utter incompetence always. Jets haven’t disappointed me since 1998 with a couple upside surprises sprinkled in there. Feels great.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I just don't understand the continuous free, unblocked rushers over and over.  It was the same problem last year and I dont see how they dont know how to correct that

This is what happens when your starting 5 has never played with each other until game 1. Hopefully as time goes on they'll get better.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson I thought played pretty well. Saleh treated training camp like Club Med and wanted to be everyones friend. You need to wear pads in practice. The team at every level wasnt ready to play. Berrios is a tough little dude and Davis is the obvious alpha on the team.

Jesus, with the pads thing again lol. They wore pads as much as every other team in the NFL bc its dictated by the CBA. How is this that hard to grasp?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson I thought played pretty well. Saleh treated training camp like Club Med and wanted to be everyones friend. You need to wear pads in practice. The team at every level wasnt ready to play. Berrios is a tough little dude and Davis is the obvious alpha on the team.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

This is what happens when your starting 5 has never played with each other until game 1. Hopefully as time goes on they'll get better.

Might be something to this.  They looked unprepared

Just now, choon328 said:

Jesus, with the pads thing again lol. They wore pads as much as every other team in the NFL bc its dictated by the CBA. How is this that hard to grasp?

They got pushed around on the OLine.  This is a failure.  All questions are on the table. Failure is not acceptable.

Hopefully there is lots improvement week 1 to week 2.  

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You can only wear pads for a number of practices.  The Jets made that number

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I thought we'd lose, and we lost.

I thought we'd have trouble, and we did.

I expected early challenges, and they're obvious.  The O-line, wow, it was horrid, especially in the first half.

Hardly an "Epic Failure" tho.  More like "what I expected".  End result looks close, but we came up short.  

Many of us knew we'd have a hard year.  Sadly, seems some folks either bought into the hype (and now are crushed), or were just waiting for an opportunity to sh*t on the new Coach/QB all along.

Completely agree.

Even the thought of some users thinking we can beat the Broncos at Denver sounded pretty irrational.

The Jets are a bad team, with promising young players and and respected rookie HC. That's pretty much it. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

They got pushed around on the OLine.  This is a failure.  All questions are on the table. Failure is not acceptable.

The Jets were playing against a better team and away. Why was that a failure? The Loss shouldn't surprise anyone, since we were never the favourites.

14 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

Lol. Calm down we're not the Chiefs. If you're expecting that it says more about YOU then the team. 

3 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

The Jets were playing against a better team and away. Why was that a failure? The Loss shouldn't surprise anyone, since we were never the favourites.

Please.

I'm not one sucked into any hype.  I am, however, expecting progress.  And there was no progress shown on several sides of the ball today where there should have been a lot.

Particularly on the OL (obvious), WR (only Davis showed anything), and DL (we were playing against a backup OL).  And I question Saleh's judgement in not starting anyone in the last preseason game, the rust (I hope that's all it is) showed.

Joe Douglas had his worst day as a pro today.  Things better turn around next week.  Planes and billboards are standing by.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Set your watch to it:

katyburns-cmforum-092020-ph02

How do you set your watch to Matt39 not knowing the rules for the # of practices with pads?

And that he'll keep arguing it with anyone who tries to explain it to him?  Because whats the chances that he might say, oh yeah, my bad?

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Please.

I'm not one sucked into any hype.  I am, however, expecting progress.  And there was no progress shown on several sides of the ball today where there should have been a lot.

Particularly on the OL (obvious), WR (only Davis showed anything), and DL (we were playing against a backup OL).

Joe Douglas had his worst day as a pro today.  Things better turn around next week.  Planes and billboards are standing by.

SAR I

You didn't see progress today? Check your glasses old man