JD/Saleh...Trouble ahead?

21 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

By Saleh not finding a way to play Mims, he is basically indicting JD's drafting of Mims in the 2nd round as a poor pick...JD can't be happy with this intransigence by Saleh and the rather curious and unconvincing explanations given by Saleh as to why Mims is a healthy scratch and the rather bleak prospect of Mims finding the field anytime soon given the imminent return of Crowder ...looks like there will be trouble ahead with their working relationship.

Intransigence.  Good word.  I'm going to use it later.

21 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

By Saleh not finding a way to play Mims, he is basically indicting JD's drafting of Mims in the 2nd round as a poor pick...JD can't be happy with this intransigence by Saleh and the rather curious and unconvincing explanations given by Saleh as to why Mims is a healthy scratch and the rather bleak prospect of Mims finding the field anytime soon given the imminent return of Crowder ...looks like there will be trouble ahead with their working relationship.

Maybe Mims can try and convince Saleh next time that he belongs to the firsts and not the thirds? Not like he didn’t have an entire offseason to do so. 

3 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

There are rookies starting for their teams right now.  Rookies with no offseason whatsoever.  If he was that raw then he shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round.

CEI blasts SEC, “Shallow-End Jay,” for crypto intransigence - The  Crowdfunding Lawyers

Yep - some rookies hit the ground running; others don't. With his athletic abilities, had he not been so raw he would have been drafted in the 1st probably early on. Probably why he slid so much. Consider the cost savings over a top WR; JD choose upside and didn't have a #1 to burn - doesn't make it a mistake.

Some players take more time to adjust to NFL than others. Just reality.

54 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

I believe the COACHES think he needs more time to grab the system, but there's folks in this forum that think hes the next Megatron , when he's shown very little .

Yep; he is the next Megatron and at the same time JD over drafted him; maybe he is just a WR with tremendous potential but needs to be coached up. And, yet, Selah is intentionally benching him because he is in the dog house; he is loosing and yet benches the best WR ever - you can't make this stuff up.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

she's hanging not 10 inches away from my head as I type this along with a few other tools of the trade

640x640_12350415.jpeg

How much do I hate you right now?  lol  Dude, wow, those are some gorgeous axes.  Musicians who play aw well as you deserve them all.   Congrats and continued success in everything you do.

Congrats 

On 9/21/2021 at 7:42 PM, JTJet said:

... or Mims was drafted for a different coach's system and JD and Saleh came together to recognize that and that his effort in practice was suspect. 

But dont let me get in the way of your drama. 

That would also be an indictment against JD. You never draft players to fit a certain system.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Facts said:

That would also be an indictment against JD. You never draft players to fit a certain system.

no, you draft players who your coach wants. 

so your JD and Gase tell you to draft Mims cause he thinks he would be great in his system ,.. do you tell him no?

" sorry Adam but i got to draft a guy who fits more then one system so in case i fire you at the end of the season he wont be that lost for the new system the new coach will run "

Be honest. Starting tomorrow in Denver, what would be better (or worse) situation for the new NEW YORK JETS going forward: Be honest:

1: Saleh continues to bench Mims for good reason, Mims is not dressed for Denver game. Saleh will explain why after the game.

-or option 2-

2: Joe Douglas picks up the bat phone and tells Saleh: "Play Mims all day...at least 40 reps. I'm DONE being called out for drafting a bust. Play him and get him 10 catches for 100 yards. DO IT. I'm DONE with this Mims sh*t. Make it happen or we'll talk about your position on the team after the game. OK Bobby...go get em!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Be honest. Starting tomorrow in Denver, what would be better (or worse) situation for the new NEW YORK JETS going forward: Be honest:

1: Saleh continues to bench Mims for good reason, Mims is not dressed for Denver game. Saleh will explain why after the game.

-or option 2-

2: Joe Douglas picks up the bat phone and tells Saleh: "Play Mims all day...at least 40 reps. I'm DONE being called out for drafting a bust. Play him and get him 10 catches for 100 yards. DO IT. I'm DONE with this Mims sh*t. Make it happen or we'll talk about your position on the team after the game. OK Bobby...go get em!

Option 2...and that is going to happen...next week most likely with one difference...it will be Woody calling JD first.

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

-or option 2-

option 1 if he has his reasons..

and no way option 2 happens. you dont force Saleh to play anyone. thats where there starts problems with the HC and GM.

but how about option 3.

Saleh just plays him even if hes not ready. if he does good Saleh can take the credit for sitting him till he got up to speed. if he busts then Saleh says after the game to the media and the fans to STFU and let me coach the team. i know more than you about my players.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, doitny said:

no, you draft players who your coach wants. 

so your JD and Gase tell you to draft Mims cause he thinks he would be great in his system ,.. do you tell him no?

" sorry Adam but i got to draft a guy who fits more then one system so in case i fire you at the end of the season he wont be that lost for the new system the new coach will run "

Your quote. Yea. Correct.

There is a reason why the coach is not the GM.

• Upvote 1

I think we are overthinking this. There is either something wrong with mims health wise we don't know about of something with his attitude/work ethic. If mims comes out stronger for missing time in a couple of games that were blow outs anyway because our offensive line and qb play have been poop then this could end up being a good thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

On 9/21/2021 at 11:17 PM, Maynard13 said:

You're asking the wrong guy. Ask @Sports-Journalism101. He got it from him in all probability. 

"Intransigence" - its when you are into "trans gents" or transgender gentlemen.  As a member of Gen Z, this term has become increasingly common among my generation but I don't believe it was as common for Boomers on this forum.  

3 minutes ago, Sports-Journalism101 said:

"Intransigence" - its when you are into "trans gents" or transgender gentlemen.  As a member of Gen Z, this term has become increasingly common among my generation but I don't believe it was as common for Boomers on this forum.  

See I was right!

• Upvote 1

i think people forget that it took time for mims to get on the field last season too.  last season he was supposed to be injured.  this season it's a slow start due to food poisoning.  there could be something else going on with mims.  douglas seems to be a guy that keeps his eye on the ball.  i'd be willing to bet he is fully behind saleh on this.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:42 PM, JTJet said:

... or Mims was drafted for a different coach's system and JD and Saleh came together to recognize that and that his effort in practice was suspect. 

But dont let me get in the way of your drama. 

What exact system are we talking about? Volleyball ? 

• WTF? 1