JD/Saleh...Trouble ahead?

By Saleh not finding a way to play Mims, he is basically indicting JD's drafting of Mims in the 2nd round as a poor pick...JD can't be happy with this intransigence by Saleh and the rather curious and unconvincing explanations given by Saleh as to why Mims is a healthy scratch and the rather bleak prospect of Mims finding the field anytime soon given the imminent return of Crowder ...looks like there will be trouble ahead with their working relationship.

• Thumb Down 17
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 5

Joe Douglas did sign two wide receivers in the off-season, drafted another one in the second round and restructured your contract of anither WR to remain the team.  That suggests to me that Joe Douglas was not counting on Mims during the offseason. Hoping he develops perhaps, but certainly not penciling him in as starter.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, JTJet said:

... or Mims was drafted for a different coach's system and JD and Saleh came together to recognize that and that his effort in practice was suspect. 

But dont let me get in the way of your drama. 

I am so old school I say BS to these young kids.  Who is Mims to say… 

I can only play X system.  Football ain’t that complex.  If Mims can play, then play.   Something else is happening here.   bottom line… we have another top draft pick that can’t play.   Add him to the mountain of picks. Frustrating.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I am so old school I say BS to these young kids.  Who is Mims to say… 

I can only play X system.  Football ain’t that complex.  If Mims can play, then play.   Something else is happening here.   bottom line… we have another top draft pick that can’t play.   Add him to the mountain of picks. Frustrating.  

Yes. His effort in practice is suspect, the coaching staff has basically confirmed this.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes. His effort in practice is suspect, the coaching staff has basically confirmed this.

THAT is fukked up.  I view that as poor drafting and scouting.  there MUST be a way to vet out lazy kids with no drive.  How does a kid get to a D1 school, excel and then become a lazy fukk.   Being a Jets fan is getting so frustrating.   Sorry… had a tough day and the Jets ain’t helping. Thanks for listening. What do I owe you????

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

THAT is fukked up.  I view that as poor drafting and scouting.  there MUST be a way to vet out lazy kids with no drive.  How does a kid get to a D1 school, excel and then become a lazy fukk.   Being a Jets fan is getting so frustrating.   Sorry… had a tough day and the Jets ain’t helping. Thanks for listening. What do I owe you????

Personally he looked unmotivated as sh*t to me when we saw the draft video of him answering JDs call. I dont remember him crying, getting excited, or anything.

1 hour ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

By Saleh not finding a way to play Mims, he is basically indicting JD's drafting of Mims in the 2nd round as a poor pick...JD can't be happy with this intransigence by Saleh and the rather curious and unconvincing explanations given by Saleh as to why Mims is a healthy scratch and the rather bleak prospect of Mims finding the field anytime soon given the imminent return of Crowder ...looks like there will be trouble ahead with their working relationship.

I think they probably a little more concerned about injuries and Zach but who knows maybe